Win or Lose

Carn dees

Win or loose?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that West Coast won a game they should have lost last week, we now have a bit more breathing room, and a win would not be the disaster that I thought it would be.

So yeah, I think a win this week will be great for some of our kids who look to me like they are getting a bit sick of being on the loser list every week.

Having said that, I will feel a lot better walking away if we lose in a close one, because that will remove any risk of us not getting picks 1 & 2 at the end of the season, and I will be able to enjoy possible wins against Port and Freo.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few (like me before) might be forgetting that we're massively down on form and they've just rolled the reiging Premiers who (whilst they have been out of form) had their season on the line. Sitting on 4 wins, they will not lose the next 9.

Sportingbet has us at $2.22 for anyone who thinks otherwise

A few might be forgetting that we're massively down on form and they've just rolled the reiging Premiers who (whilst they have been out of form) had their season on the line. Sitting on 4 wins, they will not lose the next 9.

Sportingbet has us at $2.22 for anyone who thinks otherwise

Yeah, I don't think the Eagles are looking to tank at all. I thought so a few weeks ago, but going on their win against the Hawks the other night, I can't see them not winning that 5th game. I think they realised there's no way they could win less games than us, because we've been so pitiful over the last three weeks. It's Richmond and Freo who are the two that will compete for the bottom spot.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Given that West Coast won a game they should have lost last week, we now have a bit more breathing room, and a win would not be the disaster that I thought it would be.

While I understand the strategy behind the thinking I will never be able agree that any win for the MFC is a disaster. I hope that you lot that are worried about draft picks over wins are right; that it will give us a couple of guns that will give use a flag, and that we don't end up with a couple of NQR's with this years crop having the soul sucked out of them from being the whipping boys.

While I understand the strategy behind the thinking I will never be able agree that any win for the MFC is a disaster. I hope that you lot that are worried about draft picks over wins are right; that it will give us a couple of guns that will give use a flag, and that we don't end up with a couple of NQR's with this years crop having the soul sucked out of them from being the whipping boys.

If you watched Naitanui this weekend, and were impressed, you would realise why a win this week (had West Coast not won last week), would have been a disaster. I was convinced, and in some ways still am, that they are tanking. With the pressure off Warsfold, given his new contract, it is not out of the question to expect them to not win another game for the rest of the year by way of "list management".

Our extra win in 2007, be it the win against Carlton or the Dogs, was a monumental disaster that cost us Naitanui or Rich or Ziebell etc etc... In one of the best drafts in recent years, we missed out on having the two best kids in the country.

To miss out on that two years in a row, will be a disaster that could very well cost us a premiership (it might not, of course, but we are a better chance of progressing our list the more early picks we have).

And never before, has having the best picks in the draft been more important. Gold Coast and West Sydney are about to milk every ounce of top talent coming through, so this is our very last chance of getting the best of the best.

Train them as hard as we can. Get them fit, send the injured to hospital. Stop playing those who won't play next year, bar McDonald and focus on next year. Put Watts, Blease, Grimes, Morton, Strauss in the gym everyday. Why? Because this year is farked. Preseason starts now.

Just a note, Centrebet has us as $2.16 underdogs to West Coasts $1.70. I might just take a dip at that $2.16.

Sad, but not surprising given the last few weeks.......

A win would be nice, not being embarrassed would also be good, but a loss will be what it is, unfortunately :rolleyes: !!!

Train them as hard as we can. Get them fit, send the injured to hospital. Stop playing those who won't play next year, bar McDonald and focus on next year. Put Watts, Blease, Grimes, Morton, Strauss in the gym everyday. Why? Because this year is farked. Preseason starts now.

I would really like that, start the pre season early instead of focusing on winning games, make development the priority.

I would love to see the above, but is Melbourne maybe too nice to their younger players? We seem to take a long time to develop the players bodies compared to other clubs. Do we care too much for the person instead of just getting them, turning them into monster sized players who can get out there and crunch players.

I think it was only this year that we changed our weights coach so this may change, but it is something that has always annoyed me, especially comparing to teams and how they seemed to bulk up really quickly compared to us, such as West Coast in the past (although they may have had 'other' help there.)

I know you have to have to players welfare at the foremost of your thinking, but maybe just screw them over for a while so we can get a flag! Am I being too greedy here?

Carlton - 2007 - priority pick - 2nd bottom - a couple of years down the tail end

Going allright this year after a few years of being the whipping boys.

Whats the point?

For those that see this game as a win-win regardless of the result, you CAN NOT criticise Bailey for winning only 3 or 4 games this season.

If you want picks, and you want to win games - you are a hypocrite who should abstain from discussion of the coach on his win-loss ratio. Because it is that very ratio that will deliver your precious picks.

THANK GOD FOR RPFC!!!!

This has been driving me crazy over the past 3 weeks, and in fact has stopped me from posting due to utter frustration!!!

Marjority of people on here are walking contridictions!! Bailey has no game plan, were loosing matches.......If Bailey wins more than 4 he should be stood down blah blah blah!

For me, I hope we win, just like I hope we win every weekend. However, if we dont, its a win as well. Plus it certainly wont hurst the likes of Brock, Miller, Watts, Jurrah, Bennell etc etc a good confidence boost, and people around here might get off Baileys back for at least another week.

GO DEES!

What often drives me mental is when people make broad statements that a lot of people on here are "walking contradications."

Often, there will be debate on the site, some people will argue one point - others will argue another. Invariably someone will then claim that everyone on here wants it both ways.

What often drives me mental is when people make broad statements that a lot of people on here are "walking contradications."

Often, there will be debate on the site, some people will argue one point - others will argue another. Invariably someone will then claim that everyone on here wants it both ways.

So can you confidently say that if we look back over the posts, that there wouldnt be any contradictions, in relation to people wanting to obtain these picks, yet, hang Bailey out to dry over our performaces over the last 3 weeks, and in deed the season??

i just want to earn some respect. having eddie [censored] macguire come on the big screen at sandpit dome 2 weeks ago and just go, they are going to get smashed, they are hopeless, and then him being proven right, [censored] it makes me angry as [censored]. win!

So can you confidently say that if we look back over the posts, that there wouldnt be any contradictions, in relation to people wanting to obtain these picks, yet, hang Bailey out to dry over our performaces over the last 3 weeks, and in deed the season??

No, what I'm saying is that if people are going to make widespread accusations about "most" of the posters on here, then they should back up who they are talking about.

If you're not willing to do that fine, then don't make the claim.

It just seems to happen so often - one thread might talk about getting rid of Bailey another might be about making sure we lose - this doesn't mean that most posters want it both ways.

No, what I'm saying is that if people are going to make widespread accusations about "most" of the posters on here, then they should back up who they are talking about.

If you're not willing to do that fine, then don't make the claim.

It just seems to happen so often - one thread might talk about getting rid of Bailey another might be about making sure we lose - this doesn't mean that most posters want it both ways.

Sorry 45. Would you like me to change it to, 'alot' of people or ' many', 'a large number of'..??

Or would you prefer me to individually name and shame people? Whats the point? They know who they are, if they have done it.

I dont see the need to go and start little fueds with posters by taking something that they have said and lynching them for it.

Although it seems to be the norm.

If we get done convincingly i honestly wouldst no what to do. Honestly i just wouldst no what to do to stay calm were still at the bottom of development or freak out knowing this is gana take ages because if were still this crap it cant get much better due to GC stealing the pics.

But i recon wel push the eagles to a closey if not win.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the MFC board room if we get done by 10 goals.

I voted for the win, but a close loss certainly wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

Yes Eagles had a great win last week, but they've been horrible interstate and haven't won away since 2007.

Given that this is one of only 2 chances for us to win a match this year, I definitely want us to win.

West Coast should be good enough at home to get one more win, so we can 'afford' this one.

Having said that, if we lose, I won't be that disappointed. Unless of course we get embarrassed by them.

So basically, I'd like us to win, or lose a close game without losing respect. We absolutely must not lose like we did against Brisbane or Collingwood. The negatives of that would outweigh the one positive.

In the context of the grand scheme of things we must lose this week and ensure the first 2 picks. A loss this week will be forgotten in a short time but if we miss picking up a player that will help shape our future then this will be a no brainer win.

I think we will win because WCE would also be dumb to miss out on a priority pick for the sake of a pointless win. If nothing else the game should be an intriguing one.

Interesting scenario isn't it. I agree with what you are saying, but with what has happened over the last 3 weeks This club really needs a win to put some spirit into the Joint.

West Coke beating Hawthorn last week certainly gives us Breathing space to still snare 1& 2 at years end.

Play Jack Watts in the Backline so he is the Hunter rather than the Hunted for a few weeks-so as to learn the Tempo of the Game.

As much as I would like a win this week and understand how good that could be for morale, I think this win we need is at least a week away.

If WCE win, they lose the the PP and it locks Scully to us in the draft. Its brings our 2nd pick closer to pick 1 and to us. The outcome of this game is too important to our list for next season.

As much as I would like a win this week and understand how good that could be for morale, I think this win we need is at least a week away.

If WCE win, they lose the the PP and it locks Scully to us in the draft. Its brings our 2nd pick closer to pick 1 and to us. The outcome of this game is too important to our list for next season.

I agree RR but at the same time our performance against the lions was just so unacceptable. We have gone Backwards this year & that concerns me. Our Mid field is just so slow, which is wierd considering we have the Quickest player in the league in the Backline. Davey has been Great this year, but most of his work is not hurting the oppositions as he is too far from goal.

Bailey should be more bold in these later rounds. Move the team around- Give the Boys some Challenges. They looked so predictably Bad last week.

Stefan Martin was good-he could be a total Gun with Jurrah..

C'mon Bails Go Bold in the last few weeks-get the crowd involved please.