Changes v Brisbane

w00dy

I really want to see some changes after our extremely poor performance on Friday night...

Out: Robertson, Miller, Cheney, Bartram, Whelan,

In: Newton, Warnock, Dunn, Jones, McDonald/Maric

B: James Frawley, Matthew Warnock, Jamie Bennell

HB: Aaron Davey, Jared Rivers, Jack Grimes

C: Brad Green, Brock McLean, Cameron Bruce

HF: Lynden Dunn, Stefan Martin, Matthew Bate

F: Neville Jetta, Michael Newton, Liam Jurrah

Foll: Paul Johnson, Brent Moloney, Colin Sylvia

I/C: Nathan Jones, Cale Morton, Jack Watts, McDonald/Maric

McDonald comes in if he's fit, otherwise Maric gets another run...

I really want to see some changes after our extremely poor performance on Friday night...

I would doubt Watts will be selected to travel to Brisbane.

Bartram- Was actually impressed with him on friday night, held Stanton really well, disposal still not great but yeah

Maric should of never been dropped in first place and agree with Dunn deserving a run

I would doubt Watts will be selected to travel to Brisbane.

Bartram- Was actually impressed with him on friday night, held Stanton really well, disposal still not great but yeah

Maric should of never been dropped in first place and agree with Dunn deserving a run

As far as Jack goes, school holidays start on Friday, so I think he'll go to Brisbane...

As for Clint, I just think Dunn can do just as good a job tagging, yet he can use the ball far better. That and Stanton still had 27 posessions, so it wasn't like he didn't get near the footy. Also has the flexability of going forward.

My Changes:

Out- Morton, Cheney, Bennell (just squeezed out)

In- Warnock, Jones, Jamar

My Team:

B Frawley Warnock Martin

HB Grimes Rivers Bruce

C Jones McLean Davey

HF Green Miller Robertson

F Jetta Watts Jurrah

Foll: Johnson Sylvia Moloney

Int: Whelan, Bate, Bartram, Jamar

Emg: Morton, Cheney, Bennell

I'm not sure why you want cheney gone. He didn't do too badly this week.

I agree that Robbo looks a little stale out there. He could do with a chance to run riot at Casey and get his mojo back.

If Watts is on the side, Miller has to be there to play big brother for him. Especially if it's up in Brisbane. Without some muscle there to protect him he'll be targeted all game.

Out: Robertson, Bartram, Whelan, Morton

In: Hughes, Jones, Warnock, ?

I'd like to bring in one of the rookies for the ?. Perhaps Valenti to give us a little extra in the clearances? I'm not too sure on this one.

Everyone's head would be close to the chopping block after the past two games - I would say the only players completely safe are Frawley, Johnson (default), Sylvia, Green, Moloney, Bruce (default again), Davey and Jurrah

Newton, Dunn, Valenti, McNamara have performed well at Casey and would be close to an AFL call up. Jones, Warnock, McDonald (default x3) and Jamar will walk into the side if fit.

Strauss, Maric, Spencer and Petterd would all be pretty close to getting in also.

If it was my call (& no injuries hindered):

In: Warnock, Jones, Newton, Maric, Jamar

Out: Miller, Robertson, Rivers, Whelan, Johnson

IN - Warnock, Jones, Marric, Dunn

OUT - Jetta, Bartram, Robbo, Whelan

Warnock back to take one of the gorillas. Dunn and Bartram swap while Robbo is done, and i will say the disposal going forward is not helping him but its time to step aside and let the kids get used to being the focal points.

A forward line looking like this

Bate Miller Marric

Watts Jurrah Sylvia

Warnock to take Bradshaw and Rivers and Frawley double teaming Brown.

OUT: Watts, Whelan, Bruce, Bate, Robertson

IN: Petterd, Strauss, Maric, Jamar, Warnock

keep Jones and Macca out for one more week...

I thought Bate played pretty well, but I want him to learn to pick the ball up and to also find the right spaces to run into more often...I know he has kicked the most goals but a week/a couple of weeks out will not hurt him...

Jurrah and Miller to rule the forwardline, with Marting and Jamar dropping in

Bate was our best forward. Watts kicked goals. Cheney is the Whelan replacement. I think Dunn offers us something and I don't mind him getting another go. Morton is cactus unless he gets it 25+ times because he gives us nothing in physicality. I don't rate Newton unless he snags 3 goals a game. and that is at VFL level. Maric needs to prove himself at VFL level, a 4 goal bag would be good. Warnock comes straight back if ready. Jones ditto...

OUT: Watts, Whelan, Bruce, Bate, Robertson

IN: Petterd, Strauss, Maric, Jamar, Warnock

keep Jones and Macca out for one more week...

I thought Bate played pretty well, but I want him to learn to pick the ball up and to also find the right spaces to run into more often...I know he has kicked the most goals but a week/a couple of weeks out will not hurt him...

Jurrah and Miller to rule the backline, with Marting and Jamar dropping in

If it was up to me id play strauss, but i no he wont come in considering he hasnt impressed or warranted form, he still needs a few games in the casey 1s.

Bate was our best forward. Watts kicked goals. Cheney is the Whelan replacement. I think Dunn offers us something and I don't mind him getting another go. Morton is cactus unless he gets it 25+ times because he gives us nothing in physicality. I don't rate Newton unless he snags 3 goals a game. and that is at VFL level. Maric needs to prove himself at VFL level, a 4 goal bag would be good. Warnock comes straight back if ready. Jones ditto...

It's time to take Watts out of the limelight. He has had a taste. I know he kicked two, but he won't improve if he gets under 10 possies and/or one or two goals each game. He is shirking out of a few little contests because he is not physically ready just yet. I would prefer him to be back at vfl to find some form.

If we want Watts to be a dominant game winner that takes the game on, he needs to learn how to do this against men at the level below I recon.

I would be very happy to be proven wrong if he keeps getting picked to play.

Note: I love it how a lot of the media are now saying he isn't ready to play afl, yet heaps of them couldnt understand why he wasnt getting a game.

Guest ErnieRuckles
As for Clint, I just think Dunn can do just as good a job tagging, yet he can use the ball far better. That and Stanton still had 27 posessions, so it wasn't like he didn't get near the footy. Also has the flexability of going forward.

Stanton had what, 7 or 8 touches in the first half when Bartram was on him? None of which did much. The rest were gained after half time, when Bartram was on Davey and having a bit of a run himself.

I'd go:

OUTS: Robbo, Watts, Rivers, Whelan

INS: Newton, Dunn, Jones, Warnock

IN: JONES, WARNOCK, DUNN, NEWTON

OUT: RIVERS, WHELAN, CHENEY, ROBERTSON

You are dropping 3 defenders for 1, 2 mids, and a lazy forward, who is going to play back this week? There is no way we can afford to drop Rivers this week. Brisbane have 2 of the biggest forwards in the league and third defender will be a vital role this week.

You are dropping 3 defenders for 1, 2 mids, and a lazy forward, who is going to play back this week? There is no way we can afford to drop Rivers this week. Brisbane have 2 of the biggest forwards in the league and third defender will be a vital role this week.

It's no use. He won't listen, he wants Rivers traded. What Brockstars5 is most likely unaware of - and is totally oblivious to - is that Rivers will be with the club for sometime yet. As Chris Connolly recently pointed out. I'm sure that won't faze the ever ignorant Brockstars5 from 'bagging' Rivers in the meantime, who incidentally has been doing his job for Melbourne despite low 'possessions'.

Why would you drop Jack Watts?

IMO he will develop faster playing at AFL level, we are the bottom team we need to get more games into him. He has played in two games and unfortunately our two worse games of the year. If his body and Mind hold up to playing at this level we need to keep playing him, he will learn more playing and then when he has finished school in November he knows exactly what is needed to compete at AFL level. We need to give him around 8-9 games this year, over the next 3 weeks we play Brisbane, West Coast, Port play him in these three games then give him a spell against Geelong in Geelong, Sydney in Canberra then play him against Freo, Richmond, North and Carlton.

Like above Jetta and Cheney should get a game this week, but I would like to see Maric back in the line up for the West Coast game.

We have 10 games to go, time to make the tough call on the senior players who wont be at the club in 2010, like White and Yze they will deserve a fairwell games against Maybe Carlton and St Kilda. These players include Robbo, McDonald, Wheatley and Whelan, the club will have to retire/delist 3 of these fourat the end of the year.

With that in mind this week

Out Robbo, Whelan

In Jones, Warnock

OUT Watts (rest and school commitments), Morton, Miller,

IN Newton, Valenti, Dunn. Not sure if Warnock and Jones available.

I'm going to assume that Watts gets rested for the trip to Brisbane, however this isn't a certainty.

In: Warnock, Jones, Maric

Out: Watts, Whelan, Jetta

If Watts stays, then Robertson goes.

Warnock and Jones should be right to come back in. Connolly said that they only missed out v Essendon because it was a Friday match.

Watts should play just one more game atleast, the travel experience would be good.

Lots of people calling for jetta to be dropped, personally im not the biggest fan although he should be given more opportunitys.

In:Warnock Valenti Mckenzie

Out:Whelan Mclean (if injured) Morton.(If he dominates at VFL level and starts taking teh game on it might give him confidence, it is possible that confidence is whats holding him back)

Now i no its very unlikely for these changes to happen, and morton most likey wont get dropped and is obviously understandable.

P.S i really want to see one of Hughes, Mckenzie and Tommy Mac get there chance sooner.

Watts should play just one more game atleast, the travel experience would be good.

Lots of people calling for jetta to be dropped, personally im not the biggest fan although he should be given more opportunitys.

In:Warnock Valenti Mckenzie

Out:Whelan Mclean (if injured) Morton.(If he dominates at VFL level and starts taking teh game on it might give him confidence, it is possible that confidence is whats holding him back)

Now i no its very unlikely for these changes to happen, and morton most likey wont get dropped and is obviously understandable.

P.S i really want to see one of Hughes or Mckenzie get there chance sooner.

i to want to see mckenzie and hughes play...

I think they have to play hughes as he cant be rookied again so they have to see if he can play... WHen they decide to rest watts he may come in...

Being school holidays now not sure whether they will have to rest him, but maybe 2 weeks in and a week out for the rest of the year!