Colin Garland (foot) indefinite

Rhys Healey (quad) test

John Meesen (foot) indefinite

Austin Wonaeamirri (knee) 4 weeks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if buckley has a severe reoccuring groin injury (possibly op?), i would be tempted to put him in cotton wool for 3 months and get him over it. if it is just another strain thats a different story, but op would hurt his assets, and he would need time to get over it, as we have seen in the past.

does anyone know what is actually wrong with him?

Buckley's a good chance to miss the rest of the year. His estimated return hasn't changed in the past few weeks now. A typical 426 injury.

I miss Wonna.

Is it just me or are we having our best injury run since 2006? Garland and Wona are the only 2 that are missing from our best 22 while Buckley is borderline.

I'd argue that Meesen is in our best 22 over PJ at the moment. But you're right anyway. Usually we can blame crap performances like Monday's on our injuries.

The MFC injury list is fairly stable coming into this week's bye:

Sam Blease (leg) indefinite

Simon Buckley (groin) 5 weeks

Rhys Healey (quad) test

Austin Wonaeamirri (knee) 4 weeks

By the time we play Essendon it should read: -

Sam Blease (leg) indefinite

Simon Buckley (groin) 3 weeks

Austin Wonaeamirri (knee) 2 weeks

...that's better!

Blease's status should be known with a lot more certainty by now. I know it was a particularly bad break in that it was very close to the ankle joint, but you would have expected him to have resumed training by now. Not that I particularly want to see him up and going as a year off at this point of his young career when he is still at school is not such a bad thing; it is just that I think the club should actually tell us what is going on with him.

Aussie still 4 weeks away and buckets 5, that SUCKS!

Wona definately in our best 22, has been a big big loss! ( along with Garland of course )

Blease's status should be known with a lot more certainty by now. I know it was a particularly bad break in that it was very close to the ankle joint, but you would have expected him to have resumed training by now. Not that I particularly want to see him up and going as a year off at this point of his young career when he is still at school is not such a bad thing; it is just that I think the club should actually tell us what is going on with him.

Blease is a couple of months away.

I had exactly the same injury and a lot of muscle wastes away during the time you are off the leg, and there are usually a couple of surgeries to go through - inserting pins, then later having them removed.

It'll heal stronger in any case and i'd say he'll be ready to go well before the start of preseason.

if buckley has a severe reoccuring groin injury (possibly op?), i would be tempted to put him in cotton wool for 3 months

I would be tempted to delist him.

His speed is the only thing that he has going for him, and with OP that is at risk.

I'd say goodbye to him and move on.

Blease is a couple of months away.

I had exactly the same injury and a lot of muscle wastes away during the time you are off the leg, and there are usually a couple of surgeries to go through - inserting pins, then later having them removed.

It'll heal stronger in any case and i'd say he'll be ready to go well before the start of preseason.

Really? That soon? I thought he would be out for at least half our pre-season no?

His speed is the only thing that he has going for him, and with OP that is at risk.

Totally agree. Time to be brutal at list management time. Time to stop having NQR (as the great Rhino Richards calls them) injury prone players that clog the list. If it happens to be Buckley, then so be it!

Really? That soon? I thought he would be out for at least half our pre-season no?

I was never a professional athlete, but it took me 3 months before I was running around again and then in 6 months I was good as new.

Everything I've heard about the injury makes it sound exactly the same.

It was only the fibula he broke, which is a minor thing and its just the ligaments in the ankle that need to repair

Totally agree. Time to be brutal at list management time. Time to stop having NQR (as the great Rhino Richards calls them) injury prone players that clog the list. If it happens to be Buckley, then so be it!

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought buckley was one to resign a 2 or 3yr deal late last year? Therefore unlikely to delist after 1 year.

Indefinite = season

Most of the time, anyway.

I saw Sam Blease at the Queens Birthday clash and he was still in a boot/cast and on crutches, I can only assume he is a fair way off.

Get rid of one of the few runners we got. I hope not he should have 1 more year to prove himself. On that logic Sylvia and Rivers should have went years ago. There are a lot more players that should go before him basically most of the leadership group for starters.

Get rid of one of the few runners we got. I hope not he should have 1 more year to prove himself. On that logic Sylvia and Rivers should have went years ago. There are a lot more players that should go before him basically most of the leadership group for starters.

Jaded was suggesting that this bout of OP may cruel what pace Buckley has, and pace is all that Buckley's got to offer. If this OP does in fact lessen the extent to which he can sprint then I would agree that he is likely to be delisted. At the moment he isn't anything special anyway.

Although I'm not far off agreeing with you I think Buckley deserves one more year to prove himself. I count 7 delistings before Buckley so I'd assume he's safe. Yes, he has some weaknesses but he also has some strengths, give the kid a chance.

I had thought Bucks was out of contract this year. If thats the case then I think his future is limited. He may have pace but his disposal and decision making just cruel him at AFL level. With Blease, Strauss, Grimes plus PP1 and pick 2 in the midfield coming through his opportunities are looking slim.

And if his groin injury is OP then that does not help his chances.

Its not his pace thats the issue. Sylvia and Rivers have strengths in other areas but at times there futures were in a cloud due to OP.

Its not a matter of who goes first off the list. The decision on Bucks will be mutually exclusive to the future of the senior players (Robbo Wheels Junior and Wheats). They will all go by my reckoning.

And offering a 1 year contract is akin to saying good bye to a player. Most players will probably get better money interstate for a couple of years in the lesser leagues.

I had thought Bucks was out of contract this year. If thats the case then I think his future is limited. He may have pace but his disposal and decision making just cruel him at AFL level. With Blease, Strauss, Grimes plus PP1 and pick 2 in the midfield coming through his opportunities are looking slim.

And if his groin injury is OP then that does not help his chances.

Is he definately out of contract? I woludn't know. Considering he is about 20 and only played a handful of games I would be giving him more of a chance. Pick 2 ATS will be Butcher who is a forward. The draft isn't very deep so I wouldn't be delisting him for a pick 50 in the draft.