Casey Scorpions v Geelong

KC from Casey

CASEY SCORPIONS v GEELONG at Casey Fields, Sunday 31 May 2009

Round Eight and the Scorpions take on the in form Cats who caused one of the upsets in Round 7 beating a star studded AFL aligned Sandringham. The Scorpions will be keen for revenge as they have let two games slip in the last two weeks.

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Faulks Silvagni Panozza

Half backs Cheney Wall McNamara

Centreline Watts Valenti Matthews

Half forwards Stockdale Hughes Petterd

Forwards Jetta Newton Robertson

Followers Mohr Dunn Bartram

Interchange (from) Bail Creed Jurrah McGough McKenzie MacReadie Spencer Strauss

GEELONG

Backs Laidler McKenna Firman

Half backs Hunt Taylor Rooke

Centreline Donohue Hogan Tenace

Half forwards Gamble Lonergan Moles

Forwards Simpson Podsiadly Mumford

Followers West Djerrkura Varcoe

Interchange (from) Allwright Hollmer Kennedy Johnson Raidme Sheringham Simpkin Smith Stavenuiter Tutungi Weadon Westwood

CASEY SCORPIONS Reserves v NORTHERN BULLANTS at 11.10 a.m.

The reserves will face the Northern Bullants in a game which could see them slip into the top five if they win.

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Strauss Zomer Taylor

Half backs Wheatley Williams Lees

Centreline Scanlon Vernon Matheson

Half forwards McGough Snow Blaser

Forwards Bolton Waite Liddle

Followers Patti MacReadie Creed

Interchange (from) Chivers Clay Collins Costigan McLeod Mildren Oldmeadow Sykes Virtue

CASEY SCORPIONS WEBSITE

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god dam it! Strauss must be played in the 1's i was hoping for a dees debut asap.

And i have not seen any of caseys games, but Watts better be playing and groomed as a forward not a middle player.

Strauss surely must get a game in the one's!!! hopefully jurrah too!!!

Straussy had 30 odd possies to half time in the 2nd ressies last week and German hinted at both he and Jurrah were ready for a senior call-up so.. you'd hope so! ;)

also,

expect the Messiah to drift forward to start to build up his marking and goal-kicking for the big time, now he has got a decent feel for the style of play and that, thru the centre.. 20+ touches in and around the midfield last week is an awesome effort for such a big lad and peter germans report on him was very encouraging. now he has a better understanding of how and where to expect the ball to come from, which is a great process IMHO.

gee thats a pretty good and Dees flavoured casey squad this week...

What the hell is Watts doing in the centre? Surely they need to see him kicking goals?

See now, this will be a problem for 2010 and, probably, 2011. Fans will expect him to do things his body won't let him do.

He will play wing/HFF for an extended period for the Dees, and for Casey.

He would get monstered in the forward line and wouldn't get near it. He needs touches to develop.

MFC fans - Get used to him on the wing for the foreseeable future is all i'll say...

Yeh hope straussy plays ones i really wana see him debut this year for the dees.

Dissapointing to see no Buckley i really rate the kid, i really wanted to see him get a full season in and blue.

Hopefully only resting him for precautionary reasons just liek they did to Higgins not because its a real bad injury or to prevent one(O.P).

See now, this will be a problem for 2010 and, probably, 2011. Fans will expect him to do things his body won't let him do.

He will play wing/HFF for an extended period for the Dees, and for Casey.

He would get monstered in the forward line and wouldn't get near it. He needs touches to develop.

MFC fans - Get used to him on the wing for the foreseeable future is all i'll say...

Interesting rpfc, I've always thought that we'd get the best out of Watts if he doesn't play in one of th ekey positions, say a floating half forward type. Give him the freedom to move about, obviously he needs to vatly improve his tank.

Interesting rpfc, I've always thought that we'd get the best out of Watts if he doesn't play in one of th ekey positions, say a floating half forward type. Give him the freedom to move about, obviously he needs to vatly improve his tank.

According to Demonland on the gameday thread CC said at a function last night that Jack is up with Cale in the elite level at the beep test. It's third hand info but I'd trust the sauces. Strength would seem to be the issue with him playing forward. With our lack of options up there at present it'd be hard to protect him from the bigger defenders. They'd probably go to him before Robbo, Miller or Bate. His engine and agility allow him to play up the ground a bit while he puts on some muscle.

According to Demonland on the gameday thread CC said at a function last night that Jack is up with Cale in the elite level at the beep test. It's third hand info but I'd trust the sauces. Strength would seem to be the issue with him playing forward. With our lack of options up there at present it'd be hard to protect him from the bigger defenders. They'd probably go to him before Robbo, Miller or Bate. His engine and agility allow him to play up the ground a bit while he puts on some muscle.

Grimes not Watts.

Watts beep test time is around 13 and a half, he's very far of Morton's time.

Two things he needs to work on, his engine and hardness at the ball

Why is there a strike through Cheney's name?

And Dunn? Perhaps they've gone to the gold coast as emergencies?

Yeah, both have gone to the Gold Coast as emergencies.

Hope Strauss gets a run in the Casey seniors. Really hoping he can push for a run with the Dees later in the season.

No Bucks is disappointing. Hope he can get back soon.

Do we usually travel with 2 emergencies?

What are the chances of Cheney in for Frawley?

In the video with CC and the Hun journo's (see other thread), CC said that we'll be taking 2 emergencies to the Gold Coast with us because we have a couple of players under injury clouds.

Yeh hope straussy plays ones i really wana see him debut this year for the dees.

Dissapointing to see no Buckley i really rate the kid, i really wanted to see him get a full season in and blue.

Hopefully only resting him for precautionary reasons just liek they did to Higgins not because its a real bad injury or to prevent one(O.P).

Buckley is surely having the season from hell. Like you I rate him also and cant wait to get him back in the side.

from a big footy thread

2's win 19.16.130 to 12.9.81. Preston got a couple late to keep it respectable.

I only saw 2nd half, so wait for the coaches report but Strauss didn't get an enormous lot of it running off hb but looked good when he did. Zomer kicked a couple but doesn't do much to set him apart from the other forward line contenders, and Wheatley was good but clearly nowhere near 100% fitness.