QUEENSLAND: PERFECT ONE DAY, RIEWOLDTING THE NEXT

Demonland

i think robbo being dropped also gives martin a chance to play full forward, not third tall, not resting ruckman. that means he gets the best defender, with robbo in the team martin would always be the third tall. martin playing as the demons full forward gives him excellent experience and will him develop, he is the future.

bailey did it with garland and warnock last year, he did not attempt to hide them in the back pocket, he set them big tasks every week and you can see this year how far warnock has come, and in my opinion he is almost first picked every week. whilst garland improvement last year was phenomenal.

i look forward to seeing how martin goes full forward, the inclusion of jamar only backs up this point further.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007
I think Ricky being omitted is valid.

He has done nothing special at all for a few weeks now.

I kind of have come to expect him to go the gold coast when he can. Just a feeling..

This is absolute nonsense. Makes no sense and is no sense.

Players get dropped for multiple reasons. To suggest he or we will pack up his bag and go ... is absolute rubbish.

It shows no understanding of the player or the clubs integrity.

i think robbo being dropped also gives martin a chance to play full forward, not third tall, not resting ruckman. that means he gets the best defender, with robbo in the team martin would always be the third tall. martin playing as the demons full forward gives him excellent experience and will him develop, he is the future.

bailey did it with garland and warnock last year, he did not attempt to hide them in the back pocket, he set them big tasks every week and you can see this year how far warnock has come, and in my opinion he is almost first picked every week. whilst garland improvement last year was phenomenal.

i look forward to seeing how martin goes full forward, the inclusion of jamar only backs up this point further.

I hadn't really thought about how the side could be structured this week. Your post is interesting & could point to the lineup in the coming weeks. Martin possibly, as you say a Key Forward post with, possibly another tall forward inclusion for next week to follow?

Interesting.

This is absolute nonsense. Makes no sense and is no sense.

Players get dropped for multiple reasons. To suggest he or we will pack up his bag and go ... is absolute rubbish.

It shows no understanding of the player or the clubs integrity.

Sorry mate, its just my opinion he will be targeted fiercely by the gold coast football club.

Again this is just an opinion of myn mate, its not fact. The forums are used for opinions?

Sorry m8

How do You know that DEEGirls information is unofficially Leaked.

Are You guessing or what is your source?

Has the club contacted you to place this warning?

The club has not contacted me or anyone associated with Demonland as far as I know and as far as I can ascertain Deegirl doesn't post at all on Demonland.

Deegirl has released a significant amount of information on Demonology, including James McDonald's appointment as Captain, often well before it becomes public knowledge and in every case that I've seen it the information has been correct. My guess is that Deegirl is either an employee of the club or closely associated with one of the players.

She/he shouldn't do it, it's that simple, it's a breach of trust and it has the potential to hurt the club. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

Congratulations to the FD for having the courage to take strong action with Robbo. Geelong and Hawthorn proved last year that you win games by playing for your team. Robbo's act was the epitome of selfish play and he deserves a rest.

Ricky Petterd was a different kettle of fish. He's been quiet lately and a trip to Casey isn't going to hurt him.

Not getting into this again. Read the robbo thread. WAS ANYTHING EXCEPT SELFISH.. this is Baileys and F.Ds biggest mistake to date, more so than taking too long to rest the Pett and not dropping Riv when he cost all those goals from kick-ins

Cheers for the reports- WJ, Demonland, casey scorp and others...

WAS 'the GCs rain equalled melbournes annual rainfall in 48 hrs' report, even near correct?? If so, WTF??? If the ground IS an inch thick in mud by the time they play, Ill be stressing about injuries all nite! :blink:

Unfortunately rain affected footy usually brings the skills of the best teams to the fore.

So Although we played well up there a dozen weeks back, i still think Saints by 40.. which will be 'passable' - as long as we've stuck to the game plan.

Gee....I can hardly wait to see Daniel Bell's silky smooth skills and great general awareness light up our forward line.........

He was dead wood by the end of last year and should have been delisted. Play the kids and stop wasting time with a guy who we all know is a dud!

I absolutely agree. I am bemused by these inclusions, particularly Bell. Not only are both players talentless but they go against our philosophy of playing kids and developing a skillful team. A real step backwards this week. Petterd has been played out of position and im sensing another wasted talent.

If you don't rate him, why he be "heavily targetted" by GC?

cause i have heard his name always brought up when there is talking about who they are recruiting m8.

He is young, a gold coast boy which is what the coast is looking for- young home grown players.

I worded it wrong before- its not that i dont rate him, its just he is starting to get moved around too many different positions for my liking, i for one think he is best in the middle, i remember a sydney game a few years ago and he ripped it up in the middle. Just rate others in front of him at the moment. I dont want anyone to be poached from our club but i think its an inevitable fact that we will lose 1 or 2 players.?

The club has not contacted me or anyone associated with Demonland as far as I know and as far as I can ascertain Deegirl doesn't post at all on Demonland.

Deegirl has released a significant amount of information on Demonology, including James McDonald's appointment as Captain, often well before it becomes public knowledge and in every case that I've seen it the information has been correct. My guess is that Deegirl is either an employee of the club or closely associated with one of the players.

She/he shouldn't do it, it's that simple, it's a breach of trust and it has the potential to hurt the club. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

I agree.

If we were in Richmond's position, its highly possible she'd be the one leaking the names of players calling for Wallace's head.

And that does no one any good except for ambulance chasers like Hutchy.

So we've dropped our full forward and half forward flanker for a ruckman and a defender masquerading as an on-baller? Who has less awareness of whats around him than Rotten Ronald Deeman would in his full outfit?

I understand breach of trust, &i don't want your help nor need it. If I want your help in some way I'll speak to you when I see you @ Casey Fields, or when you are walking the boundary with (Whispering) Jack Chrapot.

You replied to my post where I congratulated deegirl for getting her information correct again. I have no reason to be suspicious of her info source as no one has come out & said there's a leak.

If the club isn't happy they should let us know.

I know you have the ear of Chris (Connolly) so would assume you could have been doing their bidding.

I agree that a true supporter should not do anything to hurt the clubs (DEES) interests, & I have helped the club in the past.

You shouldn't think that your the only one with the clubs interests @ heart nor should you think that your more intelligent or superior than others around the place.

The club is trying to rid itself of a stuffy image which is in part born from arrogance.

I understand breach of trust, &i don't want your help nor need it. If I want your help in some way I'll speak to you when I see you @ Casey Fields, or when you are walking the boundary with (Whispering) Jack Chaprot.

You replied to my post where I congratulated deegirl for getting her information correct again. I have no reason to be suspicious of her info source as no one has come out & said there's a leak.

If the club isn't happy they should let us know.

I know you have the ear of Chris (Connolly) so would assume you could have been doing their bidding.

I agree that a true supporter should not do anything to hurt the clubs (DEES) interests, & I have helped the club in the past.

You shouldn't think that your the only one with the clubs interests @ heart nor should you think that your more intelligent or superior than others around the place.

The club is trying to rid itself of a stuffy image which is in part born from arrogance.

WOAH. Tangent.

I'm of the opinion that leaks of this nature, of any nature, within a football club will one day lead to the type that named Simmonds and Kane Johnson as the ones calling for Wallace's head and Jake King as the one who accompanied Newman to ask for Wallace's resignation -- leaks that can only cause damage to careers and the club.

These issues should be kept in-club. No exceptions.

for heavens' sake, who looks at the positions nominated?Completely irrelevant. Travis Johnstone started on the bench for half of his games and he was our best player in many of them.

Lack of an experienced goal-kicker is a worry v the Saints. I'll be surprised if we kick 8.

where should bell play, he`s not a forward or a mid and backs are holding their own, settling nicely as a unit.

where should bell play, he`s not a forward or a mid and backs are holding their own, settling nicely as a unit.

I think he's played in the midfield at Casey since returning from injury. Perhaps a run with role?

Not getting into this again. Read the robbo thread. WAS ANYTHING EXCEPT SELFISH.. this is Baileys and F.Ds biggest mistake to date, more so than taking too long to rest the Pett and not dropping Riv when he cost all those goals from kick-ins

Cheers for the reports- WJ, Demonland, casey scorp and others...

WAS 'the GCs rain equalled melbournes annual rainfall in 48 hrs' report, even near correct?? If so, WTF??? If the ground IS an inch thick in mud by the time they play, Ill be stressing about injuries all nite! :blink:

Unfortunately rain affected footy usually brings the skills of the best teams to the fore.

So Although we played well up there a dozen weeks back, i still think Saints by 40.. which will be 'passable' - as long as we've stuck to the game plan.

I think you'll find if you asked Robbo he would admit to not being proud of that incident. Our young team doesn't need such examples from senior team members.

Gee....I can hardly wait to see Daniel Bell's silky smooth skills and great general awareness light up our forward line.........

He was dead wood by the end of last year and should have been delisted. Play the kids and stop wasting time with a guy who we all know is a dud!

Bell basher's... God do they annoy me. Bell has twice the kicking skills, speed and awareness as someone like Bate.

Bell has earned his spot in the side and he is a great player who had a bad run of form last year.

Bell is so much better than people make out on this forum. I find it ridiculous with the amount of slaggings he gets.

I really hope this week he shows people why he was picked.

Bell basher's... God do they annoy me. Bell has twice the kicking skills, speed and awareness as someone like Bate.

Bell has earned his spot in the side and he is a great player who had a bad run of form last year.

Bell is so much better than people make out on this forum. I find it ridiculous with the amount of slaggings he gets.

I really hope this week he shows people why he was picked.

You don't like Bell bashers, so you bash Bate?!

The facts are this - Bell will find it difficult to get another contract unless he turns around his stagnated career. Good luck to him on Sat night.

Oh, and you're right about speed, but certainly not awareness and kicking skills.

Leaks happen.

Deegirl offers benign knowledge, the early release of which is hardly damaging to the club.

Deegirl isn't equivalent to the 'person' who is leaking at Richmond. I say 'person' because there are a plethora of leakers down at Richmond which is why Hutchison can be so forthright with his announcements - he has many people saying the same things.

The lesson isn't: don't tell anyone when you screw up and deal with it quietly and in-house. Something incredibly difficult to do, the very thing that make others complicit in the screw up.

The lesson is: try not to screw up, and if you do, setting the record straight is the best course of action. A neutralised journalist is one with no more questions to ask.