Robbo must play

damon the demon

Surely Robbo will be selected this weekend - our forward line sucks - and he kicked 5 goals on the weekend!! Plus any "musical" fans he may have might help increase crowd size. Carn Dees it does us no good playing him in the reserves. Anyone else agree with me?

If Robbo does not play i will dead set spew up

Surely Robbo will be selected this weekend - our forward line sucks - and he kicked 5 goals on the weekend!! Plus any "musical" fans he may have might help increase crowd size. Carn Dees it does us no good playing him in the reserves. Anyone else agree with me?

Only if he is fit to play a full game. He is 30 & the game is fast. Was a Bad injury last year, i would prefer to give him one more week, but if he runs out next sunday i won't be too upset.

We need Robbo for a couple of years to help Teach the Forwards.

Bailey was interviewed on Ch. 10 tonight and said that if Robbo gets through training on Thursday he will play.

Thank god, someone who can both mark and kick goals simultaneously (well consecutively more so than simultaneously... that would just be freaky! :P)

We need Robbo for a couple of years to help Teach the Forwards.

What exactly is Robbo going to teach the forwards. Newton has limited if any upside, Miller plays to the best of his ability. Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup. Bate just needs to learn to play to his strengths which don't include high marking. Although I have enjoyed Robbo's career he isn't part of the future. The current AFL team is built around just that, the "team" Robbo is an individual and that's fine but his day's are numbered. Playing him will have little to no benefit. In his day he was an average player in a relatively stong forward line, those day's are gone.

Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup.

Bad call - we never stop learning and we never know who we can learn from. I'm pretty sure Robbo has learnt a couple of things in his career that he can pass on to the youth. Plus he was never an average player - he provided the team with spark, excitement and positivity - something we are sorely lacking at present.

What exactly is Robbo going to teach the forwards. Newton has limited if any upside, Miller plays to the best of his ability. Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup. Bate just needs to learn to play to his strengths which don't include high marking. Although I have enjoyed Robbo's career he isn't part of the future. The current AFL team is built around just that, the "team" Robbo is an individual and that's fine but his day's are numbered. Playing him will have little to no benefit. In his day he was an average player in a relatively stong forward line, those day's are gone.

Come on Roost it, For the last 16 games I have watched two of the most inept players run around our forward line in Bate & Newton. I would love to go to this weeks game and watch Robbo tear it up !! I agree he is not the future but to say he can't teach our young guys a thing or two is ridiculous. At least this week we might see a bit of forward structure and free up the likes of Petterd to play in more familiar roles thus improving their development, Not to mention our hard working midfield and backline might get some reward for their efforts !!!!

Excuse me??? Are you telling me that a bunch of Teenagers & school kids cannot learn how to improve by an AFL player who has been in the system for over 10 years. Is that what this post is saying!! HaHa. You are a clown if you believe that. "Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup." That is the most ludicrous sentence i have read over many years!!! Worse than Andrew Bolts Herald sun work!!

Robbo will help the forward line, as at the moment it is almost non existent as a cohesive unit. He may not be able to help Newton, but that i don't see as Robbo's fault.

Enough said on this answer.

We just need a target up forward and putting Robbo in the mix is great. He is back into form and hopefully (if he plays this week) he can kick a few goals.

Bad call - we never stop learning and we never know who we can learn from. I'm pretty sure Robbo has learnt a couple of things in his career that he can pass on to the youth.

I'd say our coaches have that pretty well covered

Plus he was never an average player - he provided the team with spark, excitement and positivity - something we are sorely lacking at present.

He was good for one, maybe 2 seasons the rest is average. He may of excited the crowd but I'd say he spent more time frustrating his teammates with his need to fly for the big mark whilst leaving the team play to others.

I don't want to Robbo bash but he is no longer what we need. We need well drilled team focused players for the future and he doesn't fit in.

Excuse me??? Are you telling me that a bunch of Teenagers & school kids cannot learn how to improve by an AFL player who has been in the system for over 10 years. Is that what this post is saying!! HaHa. You are a clown if you believe that. "Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup." That is the most ludicrous sentence i have read over many years!!! Worse than Andrew Bolts Herald sun work!!

Robbo will help the forward line, as at the moment it is almost non existent as a cohesive unit. He may not be able to help Newton, but that i don't see as Robbo's fault.

Enough said on this answer.

Take it easy. Look at Robbo's 10 games last year, prior to his achilles snapping. If that's what you want tought to our new kids then god help us. His best was good for a highlights reel but if we are to become a premeirship team then it's TEAM players we need. Robbo is not and has never been what this club really needs.

Take it easy. Look at Robbo's 10 games last year, prior to his achilles snapping. If that's what you want tought to our new kids then god help us. His best was good for a highlights reel but if we are to become a premeirship team then it's TEAM players we need. Robbo is not and has never been what this club really needs.

Robbo's career is way longer than 10 games last year. I'm sure there are many useful facts & tricks he can pass on to an eager & very raw forward line.

I am sorry i find it a little insulting that you think Robbo was not a team man, sure he enjoys a "hanger" but don't we all. I have seen him set up or be part of many team goals.

He is the most experienced player we have & right now that is worth Gold.

I'd say our coaches have that pretty well covered

He was good for one, maybe 2 seasons the rest is average. He may of excited the crowd but I'd say he spent more time frustrating his teammates with his need to fly for the big mark whilst leaving the team play to others.

I don't want to Robbo bash but he is no longer what we need. We need well drilled team focused players for the future and he doesn't fit in.

What dribble :blink:

Bailey has said Robbo will come in if he gets through training and pulls up well. He has been playing well for Casey so he does deserve to come in.

Is he a replacement for Newton? Not for mine, maybe bring him in for Bate. Robbo works best when he is the secondary target. Just not tall enough to be the target man - we all watched that during the Daniher years. Use him as a secondary target and tell him he has to keep his feet and that he has to chase and tackle - neither have ever been a strength of Robbo.

If Robbo does not play i will dead set spew up

Okayyy Plough. :lol:

Watts doesn't need lessons from Robbo and if he does he was a poor pickup.

I know where you are coming from, but J.Watts might pick up a few handy hints.

we never stop learning and we never know who we can learn from. I'm pretty sure Robbo has learnt a couple of things in his career that he can pass on to the youth. Plus he was never an average player - he provided the team with spark, excitement and positivity - something we are sorely lacking at present.

Good call. Any additional information Robbo can pass on, it will be of benefit. Including singing techniques. <_<

You can never stop learning.

What dribble :blink:

Agreed.

You obviously never saw him tear Scarlett apart at the cattery like I did a few times when Neitz was out injured, especially the time he single-handedly snapped a five game losing streak for us in round 20 a few years back I think it was, one of the years we got down in the Elim by the Dons.

Robbo is a champion. Yeah sure he can be selfish but that's more habit that by design. Blame that on Daniher and his short sighted coaching methods.

Welcome back Robbo can't wait to see you on Sunday light the joint up with a few hangers and some shots at goal that actually spin like drop punts, possibly even travelling in a straight line!!!

Robbo was in good touch before he got injured last year.

Actually by his own admission, he was disappointed with his output last year.

Robbo's not the future but he's the now. After last Sunday's 4 goal effort, anyone that doesn't want a player capable of kicking 70 goals a year (and fresh off 5 goals) in the team this week needs their head checked.

Guest melbman
Welcome back Robbo can't wait to see you on Sunday light the joint up with a few hangers and some shots at goal that actually spin like drop punts, possibly even travelling in a straight line!!!

Same from me

I will be giving him a standing ovation when he runs onto the ground and I doubt I'll be the only one

Robbo certainly has been a great servant of our club and deserves to be recalled to the seniors.

However, just in case you may be reading this blog Robbo please, please when you attack the ball or the opponent KEEP YOUR BLOODY FEET.