The booing of Bock

titan_uranus

I didn't have a problem with it and glad we made a stand that beating woman shouldn't be condoned.

I guess they think 'good taste' is an overgrown footballer beating up on a woman.

Disgraceful by Neil Craig as he's basically come out and condoned Bock's actions.

Do you think the crowd should have lynched him after the game? That would be an effective stand wouldn't it. That's tell'em!

Neil Craig has done nothing of the sort.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Violence against women? Australia says 'No'

Ever seen these adds? This is because bogans across the country do beat women, im glad we booed him. Its not something Australia as a whole should let happen.

Im not going to boo sylvia, but if supporters of other clubs want to then go ahead.

Im not going to boo sylvia, but if supporters of other clubs want to then go ahead.

That's a conundrum I have thought about since. Had Sylvia done what he did during the footy season I probably would have gone to the footy without my Demons gear on and booed him as well. I feel that strongly that a message needs to be sent since Adelaide, the AFL and AFLPA were so limp about it, as I said in an earlier post earlier not just to Bock but to everyone watching and listening. I am happy Neil Craig and Adelaide heard it and were upset and the matter has therefore received more publicity. Having had 24 hours to think about I'm tipping Neil Craig wont be quoted about Bock " having to cop it" again, poor Nathan!

I don't think the booing incident should come down to an argument. The fact is, Nathan Bock is an opposition player and he did something wrong of late, but plain and simple he does'nt wear Red and Blue. He is the enemy, so are the the other 21 players who played for Adelaide last night.

I'll be honest. Me and my mates were sitting in the MCC right at the front on the 50 metre arc. At one stage in the second half when he was near us, had the ball uncontested with noone near him just standing there waiting for an option to kick to, me and a mate took it in turns yelling 'CHRIS BROWN'. Not sure some people posting here will get it, but it was good fun, and it resulted in a turnover that lead to a goal for us. So I believe we are owed some thanks for setting that play up and putting him/Adelaide off their game momentarily!

I'll be honest. Me and my mates were sitting in the MCC right at the front on the 50 metre arc. At one stage in the second half when he was near us, had the ball uncontested with noone near him just standing there waiting for an option to kick to, me and a mate took it in turns yelling 'CHRIS BROWN'. Not sure some people posting here will get it, but it was good fun, and it resulted in a turnover that lead to a goal for us. So I believe we are owed some thanks for setting that play up and putting him/Adelaide off their game momentarily!

I am for one proud of the effort the dee's army put up on sunday against adealide. Showed some passion etc. I can promise where we sit ST coped plenty as well. A supporters line was fantastic... Scotty T had just been dumped in a big tackle by maybe bennell or jetta and got up complained to the ump. silence followed by.....

"You left your handbag lying on the ground as well thompson you girl. Go and stand next to your mate bock and see if he treats you the same as his Girl Friend!"

GOLD!

I wasn't at the game, but if I was, I would have booed like so many others. Why the hell not? It a game of footy, not the opera. Oppisition players have been booed for far, far less than what he did.

I've seen people here saying they were proud of the Melbourne supporters for booing Bock. I thought it was low and uncalled for. Plenty of people here happily bag Collingwood, Port Adelaide and Richmond supporters, yet what went on yesterday makes us look worse. I have to agree with Neil Craig when he said that the booing was in bad taste: Bock boos at MCG in poor taste, says Craig.

That [censored] deserved what he got. Violence against women is totally not on, & for him to get away with one week as a Public Figure is a disgrace to Both him & his Adelaide Froot Loops (crows)

I was booing our own players for letting him take 187 running bounces throughout the game. Was anyone planning to man him up?! :rolleyes:

By the way, Neil Craig needs to stop worrying about his players getting booed, and start worrying about how to play less horrendous football!

Boo the bugger.

Neil Craig should start worrying about the colour of his teeth.

I didn't boo him - I usually only boo inept umpiring, players who left Melbourne for money, or opposition players who have belted one of ours or who are guilty of an overt display of insolence during the game. Supporters can boo whatever they like, even Philadelphia Eagles fans booed Santa Claus one year. I just don't rip into people based on off-field misdemeanours.

Pack of hypocrites all those Demons supporters were.

If they all care so much why don't they boo Sylvia everytime he touches the ball....

Quick to forgive your own but boo Bock... the only crime Bock was guilty of was wearing a crows jumper... really really really poor form by those who booed.

For God's sake... Lighten up. Who cares about that Adelaide rock-ape... and who cares if he was boo'd by 14,000 hardy Demons who had nothing else to yell about.

Look at all the stereotype jokes about Melbourne Supporters that you hear: "Go Number 9" That stupid radio ad for office furniture that starts with, "There's no finanial crisis here in Toorak" and ends with the Ivan from Ivanhoe style "Go Deez"

So our supporters can be impolite, exercise questionaable taste, and be hypocrites.

Just like everyone else's, I'd say.

players who left Melbourne for money

Speaking of scum, I believe we should put our brains together and come up with the most appropriate calls to make against Judd prior to our Round 21 clash with Carlton.

If there is one player who deserves to be treated like absolute [censored] when they play against us, it's him! :angry:

Pack of hypocrites all those Demons supporters were.

If they all care so much why don't they boo Sylvia everytime he touches the ball....

Quick to forgive your own but boo Bock... the only crime Bock was guilty of was wearing a crows jumper... really really really poor form by those who booed.

Indeed this is the crux of it and whilst you have pationately made your point you have also outlined how trivial the whole thing was for the very reason you outlined. It is football. Football supporters boo for what ever reason. On this occasion some MFC supporters decided to assume a moral high ground to boo an opposition player for a perceived indiscretion. Ultimately he was wearing a different guernsey. The whole thing was one of many infantile things that happens at a game of football every week. Was it silly and unecessary - yes, was it in "poor taste" - no because it didn't have any meaning. Did anyone get hurt? - no. When those supporters left the game were they still thinking about Bock and what they assumed him to have done? - of course not, the game was over and they just wanted to go home. Once you understand how trivial this was it is a non event. If some or many MFC supporters decided to yell out gutter trash stuff to put a player off then that may be a slightly different issue IMO. There is a difference between lowering yourself morally and making an ignoramous of yourself at the footy.

I thought the booing pretty much reflected that we've got our fair share of dills who barrack for this footy club too.

Wasn't necessary. Probably a sad reflection that booing Nathan Bock was the highlight of some people's night.

Pity booing Bock and the umpires was about all that came out of some people's mouths - there certainly wasn't a lot to cheer about.

I thought the booing pretty much reflected that we've got our fair share of dills who barrack for this footy club too.

This thread is full of mixed opinions, some with several angles mixed in a single post.

No doubt we do have dills supporting the club who booed 'for the sake of it'. I explained why I booed Bock to my teenage daughter (she didn't incidentally) and afterwards I was quitely happy Neil Craig, Adelaide and every wife or girlfriend beating f*#^head heard it. There is no doubt Craig identifies more readily with Bock than he does the girlfriend. He seemed all over the fact that Geelong players didn't mention Bocks slip up last week, though what relevance this had I don't know. The only thing he got right was his player had to cop it but this seemd to be in the whole context of sympathy. I know Craig lives in a country town but he needs to pull his head out it and understand the issue.

Two pages - sad.

Topics have been closed for less than this

I started this one because I was interested to see what Demonlanders thought of the booing. I just wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed. I still reckon Demonlanders would get stuck into opposition supporters for booing.

I was watching the match with a crows fan and she was booing him as well,i think he wasnt given enough punishment they need to make a tribunal for all off field incidents so that clubs dont give their top players a got out of jail free card and the younger lesser knowns suspended and/or delisted

I just think it's run it's course and is now going in circles.

I'd be fine if opposition fans booed a Melbourne player for the same offence, it's boo-ing, it's sport. It'll happen.