What was worse today

Yencks

Dissapointment  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there with three of my kids, nearly got thrown out mind you for accidentally nearly hitting the boundary umpire throwing the ball back over the fence which was a bit embarassing. :blink:

OUR GOAL KICKING

We should have won by more last week and if we had kicked straight (ie Newton) we may have won today, it seems our kicking around the ground is good until it goes inside fifty, thank god Robbo will be back next week, least when he gets a shot on goal he generally slots it through.

Well I chose crowd, because while some individual members of the team were abysmal and don't deserve to be there next week, as a whole we could still have won the game halfway through the last quarter. Just too many fumbles and poor disposals (both in the decision-making and execution). Things the team will work on.

But who will fix the crowd problem at such MFC games???

Speaking of which, was there a president's lunch or something? There was no MCC committee members' function and the biggish space usually set aside for MCC committee and guests was available to us plebs. If the relevant committees don't even bother to make a function of the day, it's not a good start.

Crowd for me, but i would've chose the umps if they were an option. Seriously the only positive from them was that i got so fired up that it kept me warm in the freezing cold!

That said, we didn't even go goal-less against Geelong in that hammering, we were just pathetic going forward in the first 3 quarters.

They should really close off the top tier on games like these ala Freo comeback game last year.

Question...

is 20,000 the no. for us to break even? or does it differ from team to team that we play against? Cos the freo game was 20k last yr...

Dandeman

Were you talking about an incident in M2/3 (Cheersquad area) ?

We had the Heil Hitler of security on the boundary there today. The next time his head popped up I was going to ask for his number and I'd be taking it further.

If you're the person I'm thinking of all I can say is Thank heavens the security chaps on the other side of the fence saw the idiocy of what he was up to and placated him by saying a warning was in order before an eviction.

I was there with three of my kids, nearly got thrown out mind you for accidentally nearly hitting the boundary umpire throwing the ball back over the fence which was a bit embarassing. :blink:

Good thing i was in M1 then.. I probably would have had better aim! :angry:

I'll choose crowd, the guys there were nice and vocal, however there just weren't enough of us. Didn't even rain after the horror forecast either.

I can't live with a team kicking one goal until three quarter time. Football is about entertainment, that was in no way entertaining.

But even if it had been entertaining there was still no one there to see it.......

(apologies to those brave souls who were there)

But even if it had been entertaining there was still no one there to see it.......

(apologies to those brave souls who were there)

While I understand everything's relative, an attendance of 14,000+ people is hardly 'no one'.

Dandeman

Were you talking about an incident in M2/3 (Cheersquad area) ?

We had the Heil Hitler of security on the boundary there today. The next time his head popped up I was going to ask for his number and I'd be taking it further.

If you're the person I'm thinking of all I can say is Thank heavens the security chaps on the other side of the fence saw the idiocy of what he was up to and placated him by saying a warning was in order before an eviction.

Thats the one, thanks for your support. Eventually reason prevailed. Thats exactly what happened the other security guys ended up telling me that security guy was a boofhead and to sit down and enjoy the game. Absolutefarce it was!

Thats the one, thanks for your support. Eventually reason prevailed. Thats exactly what happened the other security guys ended up telling me that security guy was a boofhead and to sit down and enjoy the game. Absolutefarce it was!

I wonder if this was the same moron from the Collingwood game? The one who laughed when three big brave Collingwood supporters had a go at one disabled Melbourne supporter? I think he needs a refresher class in crowd control.

If it is the same guy, then he probably went over the top because he is a Pie supporter and was probably relishing the chance to stick the boots in to Melbourne.

Security at the G makes me sick - the police are forever patrolling the cheersquad area and yet they don't seem to pay as much attention to other areas - it is as if they are saying we as a group are a bunch of lawbreakers who need to be kept under the thumb. Just about every goal, there they are, walking up and down, eyeballing us. Since the cheersquad is a dry area, and we know we are so readily identifiable, as a group we are a better behaved bunch than many other groups, but we are still treated in this way. Fair's fair, how about walking through the groups of loud mouthed drinkers up the back - they are the ones who are going to give you trouble, not the true footy fans sitting behind the goals minding their own business.

This says a lot about Melbourne supporters.

The team puts up one of the most pathetic displays of football in recent years, managing just four goals for an entire game and still use defensive tactics and yet the supporters are more worried about the crowd numbers on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon/evening.

FFS.

This says a lot about Melbourne supporters.

The team puts up one of the most pathetic displays of football in recent years, managing just four goals for an entire game and still use defensive tactics and yet the supporters are more worried about the crowd numbers on a freezing cold Sunday afternoon/evening.

FFS.

yep..tend to agree CB

Folks ought to be more concerned with how a team is developing , playing, building etc than whether or not some loke or other wants/can attend a game.

Im more concerned as to why a team of supposedly professional and skilled athletes cant find the goals for asking !!