• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Green

classy dees

6-8 Weeks. That's disappointing.

After that time he'll be back and playing at his usual best.

It's that type of injury where fitness is not an issue, it's more the confidence.

He'll be a bit weary to begin with, as Jeff White was after his horrible injury, so we'll need to be patient with him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if any moron ever says that brad green is not tough they should be shot.

compare him with riewoldt (if it wasn't him i apologise but it was one of their young key forwards) on the members wing in the 3rd quarter. massive shirk. rivers gave it to him big time

brad has transformed himself from the double fist pumping skinny 18 y.o. that won us a QF into a tough courageous leader of our club. never should his committment be questioned.

Super post that. I also had to put up with listening to somebody behind me telling him to get up already, soft etc.. moron. Poor guy's head was probably ringing like anything, and he still got himself up and off the ground.. i'll bet most people in that situation would have gone stretcher.

I know I shouldn't laugh at players getting injured, but WTF?! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Probably wasn't reported very obviously in the Melbourne papers.....

But was an absolute classic.....

Neil Craig was not impressed by all reports....

I'm not blaming anyone. Injuries happen. Whether they're the result of a poor kick or not doesn't really matter in the end. I was just pointing out that the kick to Green wasn't good, had it been better he could have avoided what is a very unfortunate injury. Same with the kick to Robbo last year. Not sure why that is ridiculous?

If you want to avoid going hard into a contest then you play SOCCER!!

Bad kicks happen all day long.... What is Brad supposed to do?? "Oh well, didn't hit me on the chest" and leave it for the opposition?? Go and ask Brad if he blames his team-mates disposal for his injury

If you want to avoid going hard into a contest then you play SOCCER!!

Bad kicks happen all day long.... What is Brad supposed to do?? "Oh well, didn't hit me on the chest" and leave it for the opposition?? Go and ask Brad if he blames his team-mates disposal for his injury

I didn't suggest either of those things. Never mind, all the best Greeny.

The sad thing is that compared to some of the extraordinarily brave thing s that he does every game, it was a fairly innocuous clash.

Great player, he will be missed.

FWIW, Peter Bruchner said it will be a minimum of 6 weeks probably much more

[quote name='rusty_corner'

What exactly happened?

Green and Rance both went hard at a low chest mark running from opposite sides. I suspect Greenie's face collected Rance's head or shoulder. Rance looked seedy too, and didn't achieve much else during the game.

If it's a depressed fracture of the maxilla, it's usually 3 weeks max. They always predict more, but they come back early.

[quote name='rusty_corner'

What exactly happened?

Green and Rance both went hard at a low chest mark running from opposite sides. I suspect Greenie's face collected Rance's head or shoulder. Rance looked seedy too, and didn't achieve much else during the game.

If it's a depressed fracture of the maxilla, it's usually 3 weeks max. They always predict more, but they come back early.

It looked like the shoulder on the replay. It looked like quite a hard hit, so it might have caused a bit of damage.

A speedy recovery to Brad.

At the moment I believe he is the best player on our list and deserved to be part of the win, especially since he was one of those that got him going after the hopeless start. Disappointing that he's going to be out for a bit. I wish him a speedy recovery.

From where i was sitting (MCC seats ) Nathan Jones went for a horrible short left foot pass that didn't have enough on it which Greeny and Rance had to dive to and it was just a bad clash of heads. A shame that both players got hurt yet a very poor disposal from Jones.

From memory didn't Neitz dislocate his shoulder forcing a contest off Jeff Hilton a few years ago?

I think it may have been friendly fire too.....

It was right in front of me, I'm pretty sure Brad was crunched between two Richmond players. Very gutsy by Brad, he never pulled back when it was obvious it was going to be ugly. Melbourne won the ball and goaled shortly after.

He walked off, between two trainers with a cloth to his mouth. I hope it's not as bad as the early reports, for Brad's sake. Great courage, mate!

green is easily our best player and while this injury is bad at least it isnt a knee or worse - while on the subject, we really need to put brad green on the front page of demonland! i'm sick of looking at colin sylvia every time i come to this site (though he was pretty good today). anyway if anyone should be on that front page it should be brad green!! clearly the heart and soul of the demons!!

I wasn't able to make it to the game today but listened on the radio, for about 5 minutes after that the commentators couldn't stop talking about his courage and what a shame it was.

All the best Brad, i hope for the best but i'm expecting the worst.

Guest Petjudhome

Brad's act today was exactly what we want to see from every MFC player.................send the MFC website an email wishing him a quick recovery and a big thank you.............I am going to from work tomorrow as if I wait on my home machine I won't get to work.............let's show our appreciaition

Wonderful act of courage from an amazing (and unfairly underrated) player......

His skill, poise leadership will be missed on game days, he is our most important player right now.

But hopefully this awful injury will heal well, and he will recover, and re-gain his footing in the side as soon as he can.

Best wishes to you Greeny, you have all of our support for a speedy recuperation.

i'm sick of looking at colin sylvia every time i come to this site (though he was pretty good today)

Just bookmark the forums :P

He'll be out for a long time and I wish him a speedy recovery, very sad news to here.

His jaw will ache in the cold for the rest of his life.

What makes you say that?

I know a couple of people who have had their jaws broken during oral surgery and they haven't reported any aches post-recovery so I'm interested to know why you say that.

I know a couple of people who have had their jaws broken during oral surgery and they haven't reported any aches post-recovery.

I broke my wrist when I was a kid and it aches in the cold now......

Now that is probably because of the awful medical attention it got, but it still aches nonetheless ;) !!!

Hope he recovers soon - we need him back on the ground so that he can continue to be the great example of guts and endeavour that he is. (Not to mention that having a broken jaw probably isn't great for Green either).

P.S. What's up with the posters who are trying to turn Jones into Ted Striker? Shirley you can't be serious?

Never ceases to amaze me how few people in the football world ever admit fault. I would say a generous amount of 'landers, as well as the supporters of any club he ever kicked goals against, all claimed he was soft. And here we are, a few years down the track, and no-one is even willing to admit that they got it wrong saying he would never toughen up. Brad's attitude to the game has put paid to the theory that once soft = always soft.

This is our biggest injury this year, and even of Rivers were to take a game or two off with injury, it would still be our most telling absence.

Get well soon Greeny. You will be missed from the side by your mates and your supporters. Enjoy the warm well-wishes. You more than deserve it.