Colin Sylvia- Complaints, Congratulations and Comments

Don24

Absolutely, the guy has enough tools to be anything and all is forgiven because of one fantastic game as a HFF?

His value will rise when we become a better team and have cleaner users of the ball to put it on a platter for him.

Bailey mentioned in his after match press conference that Colin relies on his teammates to play well -i.e. he doesn't get his own footy, he is beholden to those up field and should be humbled by that fact.

That is why I am far more interested in the job of those upfield...

Good post rpfc, much along the same lines of Hannabal's comments in seeing Sylvia as a quality finisher, of which I totally agree. Sunday was a little more confirmation in this regard.

I'm not expecting many more stand out games like that from him this year in a team such as ours that is struggling. Although, I would be delighted if he did produce that a few more times this year. As the side begins the climb up, I am expecting more consistent returns of 2-3 goals a game and/or many assists, from him in the next couple of years.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, what can I say.

This thread had slipped to the 10th page of the board, and I think we all know why.

The vicious haters now have nothing to say.

Their silence is like music to my ears.

COLIN HAS ARRRIVED.

Well, what can I say.

This thread had slipped to the 10th page of the board, and I think we all know why.

COLIN HAS ARRRIVED.

Well, well, well. Had to come in on a big announcement. What better way than the Sylvia thread. Did animal feeding time finish at the Zoo?

Well, what can I say.

COLIN HAS ARRRIVED.

Its funny people are saying he was a bit quiet on saturday night, yet he had 24 disposals and kicked 2 goals. Shows how much everyone's opinion of him has gone up over the last month or more. Hopefully he continues this for years to come.

I stand by the concerns I raised, especially considering his turn around seems to have stemmed out of most at the footy club sharing the same sentiment.

Obviously happy to see him turning it around.

Had an "average" game on Saturday night, I'm hoping that "average" is his new "poor".

I'm still happy, and still on the bandwagon.

As long as "average" is not mis-interpreted as "ordinary" or even "poor", I'm happy with that assessment Nasher. Good to see you're on the bandwagon. It was a bit lonely there for a while.. ;)

edit.

For your prediction to come true YM it would also mean that the MFC will have had another very poor season as most of our better players will have been injured or we will have been massacred in the midfield.

We would like to see Col. show some consistent performance at the next level as the first step.

Spooky.

Extremely happy to see colin start playing real good footy. Wait till we start winning games and he kicks game saving goals on the run from 50!

Personally never called for him to be traded or delisted all ways had faith in the kid although i did get a bit worried :P

I have to admit that when I first watched Sylvia play, I had seen him play well in the 2's but then not seem to be able to cut it when playing in the 1's. Has written him off as not quick enough to be a midfielder but not tall enough to play forward line.

The last 5-6 weeks he has been slowly making me eat my words. Amazing how he may have suddenly switched on, although getting the body right would have a big impact on it.

I hope he keeps going on now and shows what he really can do, or in his case, probably just keep his mind right and his priorities in order and he will keep going.

Rapt to see Col turning things around.

I've defended him throughout, because you could see he had the talent, but he has to keep backing it up week after week, season after season.

Now we just need to get him a few mates, and we'll be okay!

• 1 month later...

I was pretty impressed with his first quarter and a half yesterday.

Mind you, I nearly blew my nut when he ran to 55 with no one in front of him, only to pass it off. So much for his "trademark."

I was pretty impressed with his first quarter and a half yesterday. Mind you, I nearly blew my nut when he ran to 55 with no one in front of him, only to pass it off. So much for his "trademark."
Dont go blowing your nut 45h, save it for the calibre of a Newton or Miller or even the umpire. Nice Bump nevertheless.

I was pretty impressed with his first quarter and a half yesterday.

Mind you, I nearly blew my nut when he ran to 55 with no one in front of him, only to pass it off. So much for his "trademark."

I am far from a Sylvia fan, but I have to admit that when he ran his guts out to try and spoil a mark inside the Roos' forward 50, I became a believer.

It was the most unSylvia like thing I have ever seen him do, because it was 100% about doing the team thing. In all honestly he was probably never going to get a legal spoil, and get any praise for it, but he did it anyway and it showed me that the penny may have finally dropped.

I just hope that his body and more importantly his mind remain healthy and he keeps going.

There is still plenty more room for improvement, but he might finally be on the right track!

I am far from a Sylvia fan, but I have to admit that when he ran his guts out to try and spoil a mark inside the Roos' forward 50, I became a believer.

It was the most unSylvia like thing I have ever seen him do, because it was 100% about doing the team thing. In all honestly he was probably never going to get a legal spoil, and get any praise for it, but he did it anyway and it showed me that the penny may have finally dropped.

I just hope that his body and more importantly his mind remain healthy and he keeps going.

There is still plenty more room for improvement, but he might finally be on the right track!

You're a believer! Yay!

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
Dont go blowing your nut 45h, save it for the calibre of a Newton or Miller or even the umpire. Nice Bump nevertheless.

some posters on here bump threads from 2005 , :lol: but i wouldnt blow my nuts over it. ;)

I loved when he went for a spoil against a North player in defensive 50, can't remember who it was, unopposed in the goal square under a high ball. He ran full-pelt at him with real purpose and intent, and although he didn't get there in time to affect the spoil, he really hammered into the bloke and made him earn it big time. And because the guy was in the goalsquare, it was ok that he was a bit over the top in his aggresion because a 50m-penalty would only gain the player 5 or so metres.

Brought a smile to may face, to say the least. As 45 would say, i almost blew my nut. ;)

Without having witnessed all of the games that has played well in, I have gathered enough to know he has taken a huge step this year.

I have been a bit of a critic over the years and I don't apologise for this. He has been the focus of some frustration and perhaps I was distracted by his draft position, but I believe he himself has instigated his transformation. The penny has dropped because he was ready for it to. I would also like to think that our coaching staff and playing group can take some responsibility for it also.

Great to hear that Morton signed on for another couple today, really looking forward to Colin doing the same. Two very important players I can seeing playing a significant role in a premiership tilt!

Go Dees!

I guess blowing one's nut is usually a positive.

I most certainly did not mean it in that way.

As far as i'm concerned, blowing a nut can only be a good thing :lol:

edit: my 1000th post, packed full of useful content!

Edited by Doggo

• 3 weeks later...
It's official.

Colin Sylvia is a gun

Lets wait until he performs at his high standard in september before the highly regarded tag "Gun" is bestowed upon him.

Had a Mighty Good season though Colin, deserves a good Holiday & a better year next year.