Dees chosen

alpha33

... to open their NAB Cup game with an easy one ...

v Hawthorn at Aurora Stadium in Launceston.

We seem to be the chosen ones to play the reigning premier away from home in our first NAB Cup game - last year it was Geelong at Geelong.

ROUND 1

Saturday February 7

Match 1: Collingw&%$ v West Coast Eagles, Cape Town 12.00 (21:00 AEDT)

Channel 7

Friday February 13

Match 2: Western Bulldogs v Essendon, TIO Stadium 18:40 (20:10 AEDT)

FOX

Saturday February 14

Match 3: Brisbane Lions v St Kilda, Gold Coast Stadium 19:40 (20:40 AEDT)

Channel 10

Sunday February 15

Match 4: Fremantle v Richmond, Subiaco Oval 18:40 (20:40 AEDT)

FOX

Friday February 20

Match 5: Carlton v North Melbourne, Telstra Dome 19:40

Channel 7

Saturday February 21

Match 6: Hawthorn v Melbourne, Aurora Stadium 16:10

FOX

Match 7: Geelong v Adelaide, Telstra Dome 19:10

Channel 10

Sunday February 22

Match 8: Sydney Swans v Port Adelaide, Manuka Oval 15:40

... to open their NAB Cup game with an easy one ...

v Hawthorn at Aurora Stadium in Launceston.

We are on our own..The only way we are going to climb out of this mire is to stick together. The AFL do not care about the MFC. It is clear. They are far more interested in North of the Border.

We are on our own..The only way we are going to climb out of this mire is to stick together. The AFL do not care about the MFC. It is clear. They are far more interested in North of the Border.

What is Demetriou's official position with Visy?

How much more can Carlton be given?

Guest Schtacker

Another statement!

odds of playing premier 1-15

odds of playing premier away 1-30

odds of playing premier away two years in a row 1-900

The AFL see it as a nice little opportunity for us to get comfortably smashed, perhaps in humiliating circumstances -

just so our shattered players, coaches and supporters can have a nice little confidence boost to start off with and of course damage our membership and sponsorship campaigns and make sure the media and everyone else are getting stuck right into us from day one

Thanks again AFL

They want us GONE

Another statement!

The AFL see it as a nice little opportunity for us to get comfortably smashed, perhaps in humiliating circumstances -

just so our shattered players, coaches and supporters can have a nice little confidence boost to start off with and of course damage our membership and sponsorship campaigns and make sure the media and everyone else are getting stuck right into us from day one

Thanks again AFL

They want us GONE

I just hope the club views all this [censored] as a challenge rather than putting up the white flag. The Character of the stynes board is going to be really tested over the next couple of years.

"It's better to die on your Feet than too live on your knees"

Midnight Oil

Guest Schtacker
I just hope the club views all this [censored] as a challenge rather than putting up the white flag. The Character of the stynes board is going to be really tested over the next couple of years.

"It's better to die on your Feet than too live on your knees"

Midnight Oil

I can't wait for Bailey or Bruce's 'yeah we're looking forward to playing the best side in the competition so we know where we're at' line. Yeah we know exactly where we are at, don't need a thumping to remind is week 1. Very, very poor AFL.

I can't wait for Bailey or Bruce's 'yeah we're looking forward to playing the best side in the competition so we know where we're at' line. Yeah we know exactly where we are at, don't need a thumping to remind is week 1. Very, very poor AFL.

Don't forget though Hawthorn may still be Hungover from this year!! We might win!!! Ridiculous but Possible!!!

2009 - Hawthorn away (Tassie) (premier)

2008 - Geelong away (Geelong) (premier)

2007 - Hawthorn (at the Dome) (11th)

2006 - Bulldogs away (Darwin) (9th)

2005 - Brisbane away (Cazaly stadium) (grand finalist)

2004 - Kangaroos away (Canberra) (10th)

So, in six years two premiers and a grand finalist at very much their home advantage.

Plus Kangaroos at what was then their 'second home'

And dogs in Darwin.

One game in Melbourne.

No games against any bottom four teams.

I can only assume this has been the price we pay for the favourable main season fixtures we're been getting over that time...

Not that I could give an arse about the NAB Cup, I was hoping for at least one or two wins in this cup. Last year was terrible...waited 6 months for footy to finally roll around again, and then after 3 hours of getting battered all around Skilled Stadium, it was another month before we got to see our team again as we were sent to all corners off the country, with no TV coverage.

Considering how important early wins are for the bottom teams like us surely they could've scheduled a game that we could actually have a chance at winning. Pricks, that's all i can say. I mean c'mon, two years in a row we get the reigning premier, it's not like their even trying to hide it now!

You know, Hawthorn will have started their pre-season about 6-7 weeks after we started ours, they won't be worried about the NAB Cup, whereas we should be taking it very seriously - we need to show our supporters that there is some light at the end of the tunnell, for our off-fields sake. Hawthorn won't give a rats about the NAB Cup.

We might actually win this game. Not because we're better than them, but because they won't care, and we should.

October 30, calling it ridiculously early.

You know, Hawthorn will have started their pre-season about 6-7 weeks after we started ours, they won't be worried about the NAB Cup, whereas we should be taking it very seriously - we need to show our supporters that there is some light at the end of the tunnell, for our off-fields sake. Hawthorn won't give a rats about the NAB Cup.

We might actually win this game. Not because we're better than them, but because they won't care, and we should.

October 30, calling it ridiculously early.

Ime in your camp. We as a club must take every game seriously from now on. All games for us are hard and should be planned for that way

Guest Schtacker
Not that I could give an arse about the NAB Cup, I was hoping for at least one or two wins in this cup. Last year was terrible...waited 6 months for footy to finally roll around again, and then after 3 hours of getting battered all around Skilled Stadium, it was another month before we got to see our team again as we were sent to all corners off the country, with no TV coverage.

you know I reckon that's what it is - they just want to ensure we are out of the comp week 1 so they put us in those ridiculous country matches, instead of us taking up TV coverage spots in week 2 and onwards of the NAB cup. They know more people will watch week 2 if we are not there, so they give the hardest possible task round 1.

oh ye of little faith :huh:

Geezuzz people.. what a bunch of sooks and losers you lot are.. Season not even started and youre already making excuses... How laughable...you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Yes we met the reigning champs in the first round home and away.. we got thumped.. I was there.. I remember it reasonably well. We met them 12 rounds later and only went down by a bit over 4 goals and we were one of the few defences to tame Buddy...Remember that ??? Do ya ?? I dont think you do.

Do you also remember when we met Geelong that opening NAB game we were a shadow not only of what the team the year before, but that was hardly recognisable to the one we will probably front next year.

But you all have us lost and buried already...unbeleivable.

Without doubt we are the AFL's whipping boys...no doubt about it.. But I think the largest whips are carried by some so called Demon supporters themselves... Must be a self-flagellation society out there masquerading as Melbourne supporters !!

Good job we aren't all like that!!

Hawthorn will be good...but we wil be a damn site better than this season. By all means commiserate a loss ,perhaps... but at least have the decency to wait til after the game !!

FTR if we win we're definately playing at Telstra Dome the next week, as the winner of Melb-Hawthorn plays the winner of North Melbourne-Carlton

If i was Bailey i would be going Flat out to win that first game. Pick the Best side. Train Hard For it. Shove it up the AFL

Saturday February 21

Match 6: Hawthorn v Melbourne, Aurora Stadium 16:10

FOX

I'll be there!

Where is the passion you lot?

Fair dinkum some of you doomsdayers need a wake up call. Support your club. Who else would you want to play? Brisbane up at Carrara? West Coast in Perth? Adelaide at AAMI?

I'll take the reigning Hawks at Lonny with our side hitting the deck running any day. Book your flight early, look out for great deals with Tiger and Jetstar..make a weekend of it.

Go Demons! :wub:

It does stink a bit. Especially after the ordinary run we got in terms of marketable games for the season proper. They could at least have helped us out with a pre-season game at the dome. I can't see how it would hurt the AFL coffers to play us in Melbourne for a round 1 NAB cup game. These glorified warm-up games can't be that much of a money and ratings spinner regardless of who is playing. It would give us a chance to pick up a few more members etc. Why do Carlton need to play there rd 1?

But as for being peeved at playing Hawthorn, I have to say that I find this a bit pedantic. Who cares who you play. Carlton won a NAB cup and went on to have a very ordinary season a few years ago. The previous years' premiers did not win the NAB cup that year, and in fact the premiers tend to do poorly due to shorter preparation and a lower care-factor. Plus clubs are all experimenting in the pre-season and working towards round 1, 'ignoring' the results (if you believe the losing coaches). So no matter who plays who, you are always a chance. Personally i don't think we will win, but I don't think we can't. And I also don't think that there are any easy-beat teams anyhow.

So yes, I care that I can't see the match and that it seems we are always the ones that get stuck in woop-woop for these games despite the fact that we are the team that most needs games in Melbourne at early stages in the year to boost our low membership. However I couldn't give a stuff who we play. And if we do lose, then we move on from there and take a good attitude with us. Rather than [censored] and moan that we have to play games in sh#$sville, we take it as a chance to steadily improve, master our game-plan away from the scrutiny of opposing clubs and perhaps even fly under the radar and plot our surprise round 1 victory over the Kangas.

I know people love to slam the AFL for anything they can, but I don't think we need to moan about every little detail. People and clubs that have that whingeing attitude aren't often winners. Let's keep it to the things that matter and look at these things as a challenge to meet face-on and conquered. Who knows, with the right attitude, we just might pull off a big win and surprise the football world. And how much better would it be for the club to beat the reigning premier rather than West Coast or Freo, our AFL co-whipping boys from last year. I feel like Big Kev (R.I.P.) used to... I'm excited!!!

Another statement!

Thanks again AFL

They want us GONE

SSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOKKKKIIINNNGGGGG

The lot of you.

Its freaking preseason, get a grip.

SSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOKKKKIIINNNGGGGG

The lot of you.

Its freaking preseason, get a grip.

Its not sooking mate. Its a reality. Nothing wrong with being angry. The MFC is being treated like an old rag by the AFL at present. If they had any decency toward us they may throw us a little slack in the Pre season, but no...not a thing & then they lambast us for not having a good business plan.

I really hope we can battle through this crap & some time in the future be in a position to stand up to the AFL. Time will tell