Robert Warnock

Tolstoys Nudge

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was told;

" You can stay at Freo and be the #2 ruckman or come to Melbourne and be the #1 "

Source?

I doubt he was promised the #1 spot. It's more likely he was told that it's up for grabs if he's good enough.

I don't know if the idea of being second string ruckman for the next 8 years is really what Robbie wants to do. It certainly isn't going to be the driving force behind keeping him in WA.

Being number 2 to Aaron Sandilands is barely helping him.

At least the MFC can offer him a position as our number one ruckman.

This is what Robbie will be sleeping on. Playing second fiddle to Sandilands or being given the message that No.1 position is there at Melbourne if you are interested in coming back home on a enticing contract.

I am thrilled that the club is being proactive in trying to get someone that they want and as long as no specific laws are broken then so be it.

Nothing illegal about the pitch. He is injured and is not playing another game this season. The ball is in "Robbie's court" with only him to decide what is best.

He was told;

" You can stay at Freo and be the #2 ruckman or come to Melbourne and be the #1 "

Whilst it may of not been said, this would have been the underlying message as part of the Powerpoint presentation and meeting the players who would of expressed there desire for him to be part of something exciting in the near future..

There's nothing in Harvey's behaviour - in fact we'd be horrified if Dean Bailey said nothing if another club came poaching as obviously as we have.

Probably CC getting some of his own back on Freo and Harvs. :lol:

CC is no longer @ the club..

I agree, we got ripped by freo 3 times, although we did start it (Jeff White) we did nothing wronmg according to the rules, were allowed to, just no make any actual offers..

HArvey is jsut getting worse by the week imo, moron!

There's nothing in Harvey's behaviour - in fact we'd be horrified if Dean Bailey said nothing if another club came poaching as obviously as we have.

Correct. Everyone knows that clubs approach oppostion players during the season, but it's usually done via their manager, and not flaunted in public.

Our approach was amateurish at best, and the AFL are investigating our conduct. If we are precluded from picking up Warnock as a result, most of you will be wiping your smug grins off your face.

Our approach was amateurish at best, and the AFL are investigating our conduct. If we are precluded from picking up Warnock as a result, most of you will be wiping your smug grins off your face.

We'll only face sanctions if we offered him a contract.

I think its certain now that Warnock will be a demon.

If Warnock wasn't coming here then i think DB would have kept White.

He has dropped Jamar, we know Meesen cannot ruck and although PJ is good around the ground he cannot ruck either.

If DB fails to get Warnock then its a mistake not to have kept White as insurance.

He has dropped Jamar, we know Meesen cannot ruck and although PJ is good around the ground he cannot ruck either.

If DB fails to get Warnock then its a mistake not to have kept White as insurance.

Well the question remains, will he go Pre season Draft Pick 1 or will he arrive by trade? Leaving PSD 1 for another?

He was too expensive, too old, and we need people to cull - we still will find it difficult get rid of as many as the club wants - all this outweighs an 'insurance ruck' for the bottom team in the league.

Warnock or no Warnock.

Incorrect.

Incorrect.

Yeh, I agree. He was out of contract so it's not like we would have offered him a heap of $$$. And if White goes elsewhere, it will be on close to minimum wage. I wonder if Collingwood will take him. I could see them taking him for sure.

White is finished regardless of what DB does.

Warnock is no certainty until the deal is done. It aint done yet.

Insurance in case of what?

It's not like we're going to be a flag contender next year.

White's getting on, and clearly isn't part of our future.

I think every thread that does not state a hard and fast fact should start with "I think"/"X thinks", etcetera, in order to stop fools like me looking at them thinking that some big event has occurred when in reality, it's just somebody's opinion.

So, if I were to start a topic like this, it would read "I Think Warnock Will Be a Demon," which just happens to be my opinion.

I think every thread that does not state a hard and fast fact should start with "I think"/"X thinks", etcetera, in order to stop fools like me looking at them thinking that some big event has occurred when in reality, it's just somebody's opinion.

So, if I were to start a topic like this, it would read "I Think Warnock Will Be a Demon," which just happens to be my opinion.

IMO what you're saying is definitely correct etcetera.

I second that motion.