Yze and White Farewells the Demons

Mousey

both been great players at our club,

all demons fans need to turn up so we can yell ooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz one last time when yze gets a touch. Me and my family have loved yelling out ooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz over the years

lets just hope he gets a touch

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouted out some encouragement, like "show some guts Jeff, get stuck into it" or maybe slightly stronger words to that effect, and just as I shouted everything went very quiet and I'm sure Jeff heard every word because he looked straight across. Next ruck contest, Jeff really took to heart my coaching and throws himself into the contest, only to fall in a heap because he's done his ankle. I still blame myself for that.

So it was you! :lol:

both been great players at our club,

all demons fans need to turn up so we can yell ooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz one last time when yze gets a touch. Me and my family have loved yelling out ooooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz over the years

What's Oz? :o

Don't you mean Ooze? ;)

Both have had great careers, both are finished at the highest level.

Congratulations to them both and thanks for their service over a long period of time. This really is the end of an era and the beginning of something new and exciting.

Great servants, great careers at the Melbourne Football Club. Thanks to both Whitey and Ooze for always putting the Club first, and for many lasting memories.

Good to see that Demonlanders are acknowledging these two great servants of the MFC.

It has become a trend to knock players when they are past it and we are all guilty of it. It is very easy to say on a site like this " get rid of the bloke", when we are talking about peoples lives.

Both of these men were great players for the club and will go down in history as among our finest. Yze at his best was a great player and I was always happy that Carlton took Camporeale and left us Yze. He played many great games for the MFC.

White carried our rucks for years and must have a sore back from the load. If not for the white line in the centre he would be still playing good footy. Like Yze a great player for the MFC.

I wish them both well with their new clubs or in retirement and thank them for their contribution.

Good to see that Demonlanders are acknowledging these two great servants of the MFC.

It has become a trend to knock players when they are past it and we are all guilty of it. It is very easy to say on a site like this " get rid of the bloke", when we are talking about peoples lives.

Unfortunately our positivity is read by SOME as blind enthusiasm. Unlike other sites I enjoy demonland BECAUSE fans are positive. Yes there are a few people that are a bit silly when it comes to backing players, but the respect our 40+ guys get here is closer to being deserved...

Yze and White are great demons players. They were part of a core group I've watched since my late teens, that took us to a grand final and MANY finals series. They have ALWAYS deserved better than what they have gotten from their fans (particularly White), despite the fact they couldn't bring us the big one in their time.

I'm pleased to see they both understand why they're being let go, and respect the reasons.

Good luck, and thankyou to both... and I hope to see them wandering around at the club in the future.

Both will go down as absolute legends of this footy club.

Whitey has carried the load in the ruck division for nigh on 10 years, and there many a game where he led us to victory. I'll never forget that game against the Bulldogs on a Saturday night at the MCG, where White kicked the winning goal with about 20 seconds to spare. A pure footballer, and in his day, in the top 3 ruckman in the league. Like many, I agree with the sentiment that if that white line had not been introduced, Jeff would still be our number one.

Ooze was just a brillaint player at his best. When he was on song, he was impossible to beat. The cry of "ooooze" around the MCG after he kicked a miracle goal or went for a run on the wing, will be missed. Best memory of Adem was the Troy Broadbridge game where he kicked that unbelievable goal on the boundary in the first qtr. Magic stuff.

Good luck to them both in their retirements or at their new clubs. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching both of them every step of the way.

What pleases me most, and what I think speaks most about their character is the way they have handled this year. They knew what was happening around them, but their professionalism and attitude around the club has been second to none.

Best of luck to both players.

When Jeff White first came over to Melbourne he changed the way people looked at ruckmen, the AFL then changed that back after he was named the All-Australian. White battled through shin problems and even a kick to the face to hold down the number one ruck position as good as well as anyone could.

Yze was just a freak. He would do things that other wouldn't even think of. His goal in the Troy Broadbridge game and his hanger over Hunt come to mind.

Both have served the club (and us supporters) well for many years and I think we all (myself included) sometimes forget just how good these guys were.

All the best Adem and Jeff!

Yes..Jeff been a solid servant of the club..arguably of limited effect in recent years..Thats reality.

No one denies Adems occasional displays of brilliance... but win games off his own boot ?.. must be the teary outlook of rememberance clouding your view there !! <_<

Silly post, a solid servant? Simon Godfrey was a solid servant. Pay some respect to White, he revolutionised the ruck role in a way and he was a major part to our multiple finals campaigns, solid servants aren't all australians.

Yes, Yze won a few off his own boot, your either very young and don't remember, or very old and don't remember.

Silly post, a solid servant? Simon Godfrey was a solid servant.

I agree. It's easy to remember the last couple of years, which account for a small percentage of his time with the Dees.

Both have served the club (and us supporters) well for many years and I think we all (myself included) sometimes forget just how good these guys were.

Good comment.

Guest Colossus_2000

You know what I'm looking forward to on Sunday? Hearing the crowd roar with that unmistakable 'OOOOOOOOOZZZZZE'. That was always a treat to hear during a speckie, after a snap goal or even a run down the wing, ball in hand, opponents trailing behind.

Now all we have left is 'ROBBBBBOOOOOO'.... and I don't think we will see too much of that next year.

Yze, between 2000-02 was one of the best players in the AFL.

White changed the role ruckmen play and was the catalyst of the modern ruckman. The implementation of the circle rule shows how far Jeff was ahead of the field.

Heroes of the MFC.

I thought Yze's year down in the backline in 1998 was nothing short of sensational. I was amazed he missed All Australian that particular year.

Congrats on long careers fellas, just wish u could`ve got us the big one.

Fav Jeff White moment was him kicking us into the finals a few years ago.

Can`t think of one for Yze but i`m sure someone else can give us one.

If they had of finished up 2-3 years ago they would`ve been held in higher regard.

Silly post, a solid servant? Simon Godfrey was a solid servant. Pay some respect to White, he revolutionised the ruck role in a way and he was a major part to our multiple finals campaigns, solid servants aren't all australians.

Yes, Yze won a few off his own boot, your either very young and don't remember, or very old and don't remember.

Spot on Demon 32!

Both were very elite players at their best and provided us with many highlights and responsible for winning games for the MFC. Both very loyal and trully nice guys. Adem's 200th game was a special one.

We will miss them both and it is sad that they cant play their last game at the MFC (especially Adem who is a one club player any only 3rd (?) MFC player to be life member for 300 games (assuming Robbie played as many other qualifying games).

Our very best wishes from all our family to both guys and especially to Adem from my second son - who is a laconic left footer, wears and has only ever worn No.13 and whose nickname is "Oooze". We will be there on Sunday & as many as possible need to get to the after match as well to wish them well.