Milkshake, Morton?

Rogue

Meanwhile, Harvey fired another barb towards Melbourne as the tug-of-war for out-of-contract ruckman Robert Warnock heats up.

Warnock visited Demon headquarters last Thursday where Melbourne football operations manager Chris Connolly, coach Dean Bailey and a group of players did their best to lure the giant ruckman to the club.

But Harvey said while Melbourne were concentrating on snaring talent from other clubs, the Dockers might look to steal the Demons' brightest young star.

"Young (Cale) Morton, I might take him out for a milkshake," Harvey said with a smile.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/docker-...80820-3ypy.html

Hahaha... No chance in hell! No go home factor with Morton... his whole family jumped ship and live in Victoria now from what I know.

Send over that milkshake though 'Harvs'. We need all the produce we can get to bulk the boy up ;-)

Seriously, WTF is the big deal with Warnock coming to Melbourne. Anyone would think it is bloody Matthew Pavlich with the media hype this is getting!!!

He is a second string Ruckman, who wants to fly home. I have seen better players go back to WA with half the media attention!

To be honest, I doubt Morton would want to play for Freo, considering how much his brother hated the WA environment when he was at the Eagles.

Seriously, WTF is the big deal with Warnock coming to Melbourne. Anyone would think it is bloody Matthew Pavlich with the media hype this is getting!!!

Too true. Played a few games, with little impact. Upside? - yes. Certainty? - no!

Wanock can flat out play. That's not the issue.

I'm actually enjoying this whole episode because Melbourne haven't lost any reputation, perhaps even gained a little bit, and Mark Harvey is consistently shooting himself in the foot, along with the Fremantle Football Club. Bailey just plays a straight bat very professionally and Harvey unleashes with all the media savvy of Arthur Tunstall!

Fun to watch.

If Harvey looked like Jennifer Hawkins and wore a bikini while making milkshakes then maybe he could lure Cale home, but unfortunately for him Harvey's milkshakes don't bring all the boys to his yard :rolleyes:

You would think we are the first club to talk to out of contract players before the end of the year!

Haha old Harvs!!!

Full of amusement.

This story is getting flogged to death, I really don't see what the big issue is. I haven't heard any reports about us kidnapping Robbie at gun point and dragging him kicking and screaming into the MCG. He could have said no if he wanted to, if Harvs has such a problem perhaps he should question Robbie on why he did it during the season.

DRAINAGE!

Drainage, Harvey, you boy. Drained dry, I’m so sorry.

Here: if you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw, there it is, that’s the straw, see, watch it! My straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake:

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

[slurps]

I drink it up!

ob-bloodline.jpeg

unfortunately for him Harvey's milkshakes don't bring all the boys to his yard :rolleyes:

Funniest thing I've read on here in a while, and that's saying something considering some of the lolworthy trade suggestions and rumors etc.

Good work Jaded

DRAINAGE!

Drainage, Harvey, you boy. Drained dry, I’m so sorry.

Here: if you have a milkshake and I have a milkshake and I have a straw, there it is, that’s the straw, see, watch it! My straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake:

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

[slurps]

I drink it up!

ob-bloodline.jpeg

Also lol. Watched that the other night and it wasnt too shabby. That ending scene was :lol::huh:

but unfortunately for him Harvey's milkshakes don't bring all the boys to his yard :rolleyes:

Haha! Nice one!

I'm loving this whole thing to be honest. Watching Harvey make himself look like a prat on a daily basis is making for a great spectacle.

So with all the hoo-hah about this, the question is will Warnock be worth all the fuss?

This year he only managed 9 games, spent large chunks in the WAFL when his team was getting beaten every week, and averaged 11 posessions and 8 hitouts, without kicking a single goal all year when eventually promoted. These are Jamar-esque stats, so why are we so excited? And dont tell me it's his potential upside or potential, as we were saying the same thing about John Meesen after trade week last year.

I'm not saying it will be a mistake to get him, just think the rose-coloured glasses maybe clouding the real picture for the glass-half full crowd.

Still, it's nice to be on the other end of these "I want to go home", "I'm not getting enough game time" stories. This one seems a little bit like Thommo who had not really hit his straps at the Dee's but showed heaps of upside.

Guest Golgothan
Hahaha... No chance in hell! No go home factor with Morton... his whole family jumped ship and live in Victoria now from what I know.

Nah his parents are still in WA. There's an article on the melbourne website that talks about him living with a host family and that his brothers already live together over here.

"So with all the hoo-hah about this, the question is will Warnock be worth all the fuss?"

DemonDave, I agree with you. Let's open up the discussion on whether he can play, and how good he is? I have only seen him once and he looked suprisingly co-ordinated to me, but skinny as a rake. He also showed real desire to make body contact in packs which was good.

But having said that, how many tall gangly ruckman play in premierships? You have to go back to year 2000 and John Barnes as an example of an athletic type who wasn't that big. Normally they are ruckman who are good in the crash and bash of centre clearances. Look at Hawthorn, and their ruckman are average in other areas.

I am really 50/50 on him. Let's not just get him because he is cheap. Ruckman are usually a big investment in time.

If Harvey looked like Jennifer Hawkins and wore a bikini while making milkshakes then maybe he could lure Cale home, but unfortunately for him Harvey's milkshakes don't bring all the boys to his yard :rolleyes:

You would think we are the first club to talk to out of contract players before the end of the year!

:lol: It seems those he brings, they retire soon after anyway. Nice work.

The reason he is carrying on is because he's concerned he's about to lose out on a young ruckman with some development under his belt.

Wouldn't interest me unless it was a thickshake. ( Yes I am overweight.)

Seriously though it is interesting to note that Harvey comes from the Dons where his Coach spoke to every player in the AFL at one stage or another about playing for the Bombers.

Also Brown and Kerr seem to be getting some milkshake offers without any complaints in the media.