Colin Sylvia Article

trumperdero_21

Link to Colin Sylvia article.

Interesting read. I am a fan of what he could be, not what he is so far. He sounds like he has a better attitude than many critics suggest. Next few years will prove to us what he really is. 22 is young. He has some mongrel in him, and I like that. Nothing worse than a willing mind and a failing body, I know.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/D...px?newsid=65392

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unstable punt

Interesting read. I am a fan of what he could be, not what he is so far. He sounds like he has a better attitude than many critics suggest. Next few years will prove to us what he really is. 22 is young. He has some mongrel in him, and I like that. Nothing worse than a willing mind and a failing body, I know.

good interview, can't believe he's still only 22, I've always been a fan and can see that he's got the goods, just needs continuity

Good Read, but his "weak body" worries me, if he can't lift weights. If he is at the MFC next year he must play Top line Footy, otherwise he will be a liability.

He must also get the Lazy side of his Game sorted. He has been at AFL Level for 5 years..

Talk is easy, cheap.

Sylvia needs to party less... ive heard some disturbing stories about wat he gets up to wen he goes out, and he does it too often.

that's fine if he wants to be an ok player, but champions don't do those stupid things....

Sylvia has talent to be a star... he has shown great signs this year... but if he doesn't put it together next year he's gawn.

atm we should keep him. no way trade. because his trade value is low, while his real worth is potentially HUGE

wat he need to do is get his missus pregnent so he can have a child and stay home and also less time party! i remember adam cooney article a couple of months ago he said he use to go our and party every weekend until he got seriouse about his footy and now has a kid aswell. now he never goes out and is one of the elite midfielders in the competition. the bloke will win a brownlow soon. colin take a leaf out of his book ffs!

The article confirms for me the simple fact he's not equiped with a body suited for sustained elite football. The next step ought to be obvious.

The article confirms for me the simple fact he's not equiped with a body suited for sustained elite football. The next step ought to be obvious.

Would you say the same thing about Brett Burton? But you're right, the next step is obvious, but whereas some believe it's obvious we should cull or trade him, I think the obvious step is to do the things necessary to get his body right. Once we do that, I'm sure we'll have two of the top three players drafted in 2004 in our side.

Interesting read, i understand about having a weak core, after breaking my pelvis your stomach, glutes and all the muscles around there pretty much die and he is right you flop around and it feels really weird. Last friday night I gave up on him after supporting him so much, I hope he convinces me to jump back on the kid's band wagon!

Pretty well makes this next preseason make or break. Pointless perservering after that if he cant bring his "A" game to the match each week and we're not even broaching the subject of what ails him otherwise.

If he cant add to the mix.. there'll be others who will.

wat he need to do is get his missus pregnent so he can have a child and stay home and also less time party! i remember adam cooney article a couple of months ago he said he use to go our and party every weekend until he got seriouse about his footy and now has a kid aswell. now he never goes out and is one of the elite midfielders in the competition. the bloke will win a brownlow soon. colin take a leaf out of his book ffs!

And there really can't be a better reason to bring a child into the world than to stop oneself from being a tool :lol:

He is the toughest player for me to read, on the one hand i see the talent and i have seen some of the good football he can produce. But on the other had there so many things holding him back, weak body, perceived laziness on the field, and simple errors for a guys that has been hailed as "skilled".

At 22 he still has a lot of football in him, but he needs to show consistency more than anything else over the season. I reckon he could do a real good job as a Nathan Brown type forward, but for him to succeed he needs a fair few things to go his way next year, and the first step with that is a full pre-season.

Sounds like someone talking from experience, perhaps?

And there really can't be a better reason to bring a child into the world than to stop oneself from being a tool :lol:

:lol: that and the baby bonus?

Bohdan (spelling?) has copped alot on this site and others but if he has been the one to identify Sylvia's problem (weak core) and to solve it then he deserves heaps of praise.

Sure there are alot of ifs still to go but it's an encouraging sign.

Bohdan (spelling?) has copped alot on this site and others but if he has been the one to identify Sylvia's problem (weak core) and to solve it then he deserves heaps of praise.

Sure there are alot of ifs still to go but it's an encouraging sign.

Ease up tiger.. Where does it say Bohdan solved this.

On reading it appears Col worked it out all by himself.

Clever boy our Col.

Ease up tiger.. Where does it say Bohdan solved this.

On reading it appears Col worked it out all by himself.

Clever boy our Col.

As I said, alot of "ifs" involved.

I'd be impressed that Col would be able to work out that his problem all along has been a weak core strength, although I'd imagine it would be pretty easy for a guy like Col to realise he has a weak pelvis and that pilates would solve it.

All very realistic possibilities

Sylvia needs to party less... ive heard some disturbing stories about wat he gets up to wen he goes out, and he does it too often.

that's fine if he wants to be an ok player, but champions don't do those stupid things....

Sylvia has talent to be a star... he has shown great signs this year... but if he doesn't put it together next year he's gawn.

atm we should keep him. no way trade. because his trade value is low, while his real worth is potentially HUGE

Yeah the old heard from a friend story! Wouldnt listen to most them!

I saw colin out saturday night at metropol, his girlfriend went to school with mine. He is a really top bloke. Had a quick chat, briefly about footy. The op really set his runing and kciking back but feels he is getting better month by month. Said he loves playing the game and that probably set him back because he was playing when he prob shouldnt be.

So rumours aside he seemed pretty commited during the season but said he was prettyt excited about the end of season trip!

Just part of his job, I would have thought