Changes vs West Coke

Beamer

OUT: Bartram, White, Carroll, SYlvia.

IN: Jamar, Bode, Davey, Miller.

Bartram for a mental rest. Sylvia just so he can find some confidence in his own ability.

Many will disagree with Bodes inclusion but he deserves a chance. Been playing well with Sandy.

I also dont think Carroll will be dropped. I dont care myself, Hes capable.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram for a mental rest.

A mental rest? :wacko:

OUT: White, Carroll, Wonaeamirri

IN: Jamar, Bell, Davey

I'd have Garland, but I don't expect him back so soon from injury.

A mental rest? :wacko:

OUT: White, Carroll, Wonaeamirri

IN: Jamar, Bell, Davey

I'd have Garland, but I don't expect him back so soon from injury.

A break. Im sure you know what I mean.

Miller will be ready, no place for him?

Bartram for a mental rest. Sylvia just so he can find some confidence in his own ability.

Many will disagree with Bodes inclusion but he deserves a chance. Been playing well with Sandy.

No Change unless Davey is fit then Carroll out simply because I don't think he will be on our list next year. Jamar may come in for White but would make little difference.

Otherwise when you have been pantsed like that you need the opportunity for redemption remembering we play the next to bottom side next week providing the perfect opportunity.

Out: White, Carroll, Bruce/Morton/Sylvia/Jones

In: Jamar, Miller, Davey

What i find amazing is that in a 100+ hammering, i still find it hard to make way for players coming in. I see potential and hope in many of our young players, so having White, Carroll, and Bruce in my potential outs is significant to the direction we're going.

Out : White, Jones, Bate

In : Jamar, Bell, Davey, Miller

3 go out, 4 come in. Heh, I don't even think having an extra player will help us...

FWIW:

IN: Miller, Davey, Jamar

OUT: Carroll, White, Sylvia

If Davey's not fit then bring in Petterd, if Miller's not fit then bring in Dutchy, for Pete's sake we need a marking forward!

it would be good for grimes to have a killer at VFL this week, have another good week and then play round 22

it wont happen that easily though

i dont think there is a chance for anymore debuts this year but i would be pleased to see pettard back into the fold

meesen has come and gone, dont want to see him around the place next year

Medicare will be hit for six with the Eagles sending off players for season ending operations.

Kerr, Staker, Kennedy, Hunter and a few others. Won't be surprised to see Cox out and a couple of others. They are needed to drive the "Tank".

Out: White, Bate, Valenti

In: Jamar, Miller, Davey.

I think one of our greatest problems at the moment is attempting to over engineer the transfer of play up the ground with too many hand balls.

While logically we need a number structures during a game I think at certain times during the game (maybe when the high possession strategy is breaking down) we try the following:

1. Forward Structure: Play a five man forward line.

Miller as a true lead up forward (because he is good at it),

Sylvia to stay very much at CHF (because he has no endurance, but is a good mark for his size and will fight to keep it in), and

Stef Martin to full forward with Wona and Maric tied by a twenty metre invisible rubber band to his waist. (The logic here is if the players look up and can see a big bloke who can take a mark and has crumbers at his feet - they may just kick it quickly enough to avoid a full zone defence).

2. Rolling Zone:

With the exception of those five forwards, the rest of the team plays a forty metre rolling zone pretty much behind the ball.

3. Team Rules:

If the ball is coming out from our last line of defence and the opposition has not had time to zone back effectively, all players are absolved of any responsibility to guarantee effective disposal. If you have possession and you can hit a target with hand or foot - great, but if not you have full licence to simply kick it up the guts before an effective opposition zone can be set. There will be no recriminations.

If the ball has come from the centre line into our defence and therefore there is a greater likelihood that the opposition will have more players behind the ball we hold possession up until we can reach our half back line. We then look for an opportunity to dish off to one of the three players, namely Green, Wheatley or Buckley. Once they have the ball they are instructed to run or kick as long as possible to a player. If no option presents itself, they too have full licence to simply kick it up the guts.

The whole point of this approach is to get the ball moving quicker up the ground. Sure it will come unstuck on occasions, but the more times we move it quickly, the less likely it is that our opposition will be able to effectively zone back.

When you look at Geelong, or any of the other top sides they create a virtuous circle, the more they play on, the more they can play on.

I know Essendon tried this tactic during the year and were criticised, but I think the football logic is sound.

I reckon our defence has probably become our best attribute over the course of the year and while it undoubtably will put them under more pressure, I think they can take it.

What do you reckon?

Guest Graham Gaunt

I wont disagree with Bode in or Sylvia out Grimesey. But Carrolls Capable? Capable of what exactly other than getting plastered pre season and telling friendly Gold Pass Members at Beachside bars to F Off.

No One can tell me anywhere what this eggroll is on each year, if its more than £250K i will vomit.

For what it's worth, some of you guys will take pleasure in knowing that Yze Magic is spitting chips over at Ology regarding Sylvia's possible Omission on this thread but cant post a reply due to a lengthy ban apparently. Therefore YM if you are reading this - brace yourself ol coq cas here it comes.

GAUNT SAYS - SYLVIA OUT!

Calls for Sylvia to be dropped are pretty stupid. I admit Im not his biggest fan. He has frustrated me (and most of you) more than anyone on our list, but he has been one of our best recently, and you can see him trying to push himself.

If we had a good list up and running then dropping him could be an option, but right now there is no use dropping him. He needs to get AFL gametime into those leg and that tank, and he is playing on some of the best recently being our main forward option. Playing on guys like Dustin Fletcher or Tom Harley is no easy task, and he has done so pretty admirably IMO.

If we were to drop him, who for? Bode? Bode is about as useful as a wet pen15 in a paper bag. Grimes? Playing his first Sandy Seniors game this week, so thats a definite no. Newton? Possibly, but then again he has the same perceived problem as Sylvia (attitude), minus any form of output. Sylvia at least kicks some goals most weeks, Juice doesnt do sh*t.

Sylvia wont get dropped, and nor should he.

Based off last night you'd drop the whole team bar Whelan if you could. Was a shocker. We just have to stick out these tough times and keep playing the kids (talented ones, not hacks like Bode & Weetra etc).

Sylvia was one of only good players agianst the Cats... No way shoud he be dropped....

IN - Pettard, Davey, Miller, Jamar.

OUT - Carroll, White, Jones, Bartram.

Jamar must play if fit getting better with every game he plays.

Would be great to see Pettard play 3 more games for the year.

I'm interested to know what part of Carroll's game made people think he should be dropped? He by no means starred but in that kind of game, blaming the full-back is a little rich.

Take the stats with a grain of salt but he was on Mooney for most of the game who had 8 kicks, 5 handballs, 6 marks and kicked 1.2.

Carroll had 4 kicks, 13 handballs and took 4 marks himself.

No Change unless Davey is fit then Carroll out simply because I don't think he will be on our list next year. Jamar may come in for White but would make little difference.

Otherwise when you have been pantsed like that you need the opportunity for redemption remembering we play the next to bottom side next week providing the perfect opportunity.

Carroll will be on your list in 09

People calling for players like Jones, Bate, Valenti and Sylvia to be dropped must be off thier head. Sure they are not setting the world on fire but its something they need to work through and just sending them back to sandy for a week is an easy way out for these players, who are our future