Brent Harvey - Media Sniper

PeterJames

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvey called it a "typical Dunn game", revealing that he'd been getting into him about being selfish, not going to tackle when he could etc., and instead watching Harvey. I was pretty surprised to hear Harvey come out and take a crack at Dunn - players are normally fairly diplomatic.

Harvey did say that there wasn't much in the incidents, and that while "silly" and deserving of a free, thought they'd get thrown out.

Dunn may have struggled, and he may even be selfish (he isn't IMO) but at least he is not a diving cheat who has a cry everytime someone lays a finger on him. You may suck idiots like McLaren in, but I doubt anyone at the tribunal will give you any awards for your acting.

What a hero he is, coming out and attacking a young player learning the game :rolleyes:

Correct on both points.

I see nothing that Harvey should be proud of in that comment, most players would feel ashamed.

As for McLaren he is the worst umpire in the AFL by a mile. His failure to pay holding the ball against Lochie H number 5 when he tried to beat five demons and was caught and then paid it against a demon who was grabbed as he got the ball at the resultant ball up with no prior opportunity was pathetic. The whole Southern stand obviously agreed as he was booed for the rest of the game.

By the way how many goals did McLaren give the Roos today, anybody know.

Redleg, you're right. Mclaren is a muppet. Unfortunately he wasn't over near me too much, but being in MCC go to hear the full sound of those in the Southern. Not too many though dissapointingly.

On the Harvey issue, i'm neither here nor there on what he actually said. Dunn is still learning, and has done what i assume to be his role pretty well in previous weeks.

On the matter of why Harvey said it though, i feel strongly he should pay attention to his team, and shut up about side matters that only leave him looking like a crybaby. He's a good player who lets acting get too much into his game, now he's doing it in the media.

We didn't say anything about struggling 21 year old North players when we smacked them by 50 points two years ago when we were flying and they were shocking, he should shut up and pay attention to his own team IMO

Brady Rawlings is a two time winner of the North melbourne kangaroo's best and fairest...

I will repeat that and hopefully Brent "Boomer" harvey is aware of it...

I cannot stand Harvey - yes he might be a good footballer but it is all the crap that goes with it... the diving, the throwing of the arms in the air, the continual sooking to umpires, etc....

rawlings is the greatest cheat in the game at the moment and he happens to play for brent's team...

i can see where Brent's brother Shane gets his opinion of himself from!

Am surprised...as with others. Until now I thought he ( Harvey ) was a bit of a head down , at it player who just got on with it. Apparently he 's really a snivveling little sh!t !! Totally unwarranted and unbecoming a player of his years and experience. Seems like Dun might have rattled his cage...lol

One other thing i thought yesterday that i was only reminded of when i saw the picture in this http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/demo...7097059784.html article was that no Demons teammates seemed to help Dunn in his job.

When pushing and shoving with Harvey, a few of the other boys should've helped him out i thought.

Mind you, the picture in this article really does show how ridiculous the situation is.

Harvey looks like he's been shot, Dunn looks like he wants to kill him, Mclaren was ... there, Morton looks like a boy who's been caught up late watching an action movie, and that Kangas bloke reckons the whole thing is hilarious.

Guest melbman

From Ology

"Someone" has posted the Dunn reported footage.

Looks like Dunn hit him in the upper abdomen with his wrist and Harvey was complaining of being "censored" winded, but then gives an opportune hand ball and a lively shepherd.

Dunn then arms him in the chest and Harvey pretends it "chinned him"

Commeti the only commentator to not get sucked in to the "event"

From Ology

"Someone" has posted the Dunn reported footage.

Looks like Dunn hit him in the upper abdomen with his wrist and Harvey was complaining of being "censored" winded, but then gives an opportune hand ball and a lively shepherd.

Dunn then arms him in the chest and Harvey pretends it "chinned him"

Commeti the only commentator to not get sucked in to the "event"

Thanks for posting that.

In this context it is even more infuriating.

Is is the bloody umpire who should be spending a few weeks on the sidelines, not Dunn. Boomer set Dunn up, fair enough in the context of the game, but to complain about it in the media is just not on.

Low teams always seem to get the raw deals. Maybe becuase the umpires think they have nothing to lose. But in this case, it is an absolute disgrace.

2 things I noticed after the second report, the "maggot" kept telling him to walk away, while he was being manhandled by Kangaroos players and when Bailey took him off, a Kangas player raised the elbow.

The league should look at the imbecile umpire.

I am not a fan of some tagging tactics. But if Dunn is going to be reported for those two incidents, you may as well report every player who plays goat ... "butting" (shouldering or chesting) their opponent before the game's even started. That'd be a lot of players on report every week.

I'll be interested in Harvey's evidence if there's a tribunal hearing. Either he says it was of no consequence, which shows he was staging and it adds to his reputation, or he says it really matters, which breaks the unwritten code and takes it off the field ... he can't win.

Also for the record, taggers are the worst part of footy. Call them "selfless" or whatever you want, I still think they're pathetic. Exceptions to Ling, Kornes who actually find the ball themselves also.

You really need to be having a go at the position or the game itself. Not taggers on their own.

Correct on both points.

I see nothing that Harvey should be proud of in that comment, most players would feel ashamed.

That's what I think. No need to attack a younger player for trying to follow his directions. In fact, I'm not sure how 'selfish' Dunn was. He was probably trying to execute his role in the team. He definitely should have pushed forward to exploit the height difference. But I'm sure he's been tagged by plenty of youngsters who've not done a good job.

As for McLaren he is the worst umpire in the AFL by a mile. His failure to pay holding the ball against Lochie H number 5 when he tried to beat five demons and was caught and then paid it against a demon who was grabbed as he got the ball at the resultant ball up with no prior opportunity was pathetic. The whole Southern stand obviously agreed as he was booed for the rest of the game.

By the way how many goals did McLaren give the Roos today, anybody know.

Horrible umpiring, but it wasn't just him.

It's amazing. In the space of about two days, Boomer Harvey has gone from being in my top 5 most loved non-MFC players, to just about rock bottom, in the company of Lloyd, Fevola, Hall, Franklin and Goodes. What a tool. Play the game, buddy.

I even mentioned pre-match that if it wasn't for Harvey and Grant, i'd probably hate North. First 30 seconds they combine for a goal, and it's clear for all to see.

But i'm with you Chook, a lot of respect lost for what sounds like a very flippant interview. A more seasoned player should have known better.

Saying he was glad he got reported, but also said it should be thrown out (or would be), what a joke

Generous of Harvey to reveal team instructions.

It's pretty obvious the Roos' coaching instructions were for Harvey to watch out for Dunn going forward, or to ignore him as a forward threat. Harvey was just lucky Dunn didn't go forward, but that might not be the case next time.

Thanks for the tip, Actor... I mean, Boomer.

It's amazing. In the space of about two days, Boomer Harvey has gone from being in my top 5 most loved non-MFC players, to just about rock bottom, in the company of Lloyd, Fevola, Hall, Franklin and Goodes. What a tool. Play the game, buddy.

You can add the filth's whole team, Nathan Brown, Everitt, Judd and Kerr to that list!

We didn't say anything about struggling 21 year old North players when we smacked them by 50 points two years ago when we were flying and they were shocking, he should shut up and pay attention to his own team IMO

That's one of the best comments on this thread, it's easy to have a go at an opposition player when your team's 5th and you got 23 possies. Fortunately for Harvey there was someone dumb enough out there to award a free kick for his (terrible) acting. I appreciate the talent that he displays and that he is a very important player for the Roos, but i've got little or no respect for him after what he's said post-game. Next time he craps on about one of our players someone should shove a shot of his winge to the umpire after the second one. I'm not surprised Dunn wanted to flatten him (or possibly McIdiot) after that.

I was half barracking for them to get into the finals and do well, now i want them to take the best spot of all.........

1. Geelong

2. Hawthorne

3. ...............

4. ...............

5. ...............

6. ...............

7. ...............

8. ...............

9. North!

Did anyone else hear after the game brent harvey on triple m. He had a good swipe at Dunn, saying basically dunn is selfish and just follows his own opponent and doesnt tackle other players. I have to agree with boomer, dunn just runs around watching a player all day. Fails to actually have an impact at all and then tries to be tough but really just gave away silly free kicks.

Harvey acting. Even Archer said so on the Caro show tonite.

No credit to harvey at all.