Rumours of a $20m Indian saviour

jumbo returns

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this thread deserves is a BIG L.O.L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to who ever started it but...come on.

Anyways, I would feel alot more inspired by a 28,000 members who put their hands in their pockets or even Hmm I dont know, turned upto matches so were not writing cheques!!!!

Its nice to dream though...

GO DEES!

Guest Colossus_2000
Well then its established. Its true and you have provided all the bona fides we need to ensure its cast iron true.

Honestly I do wonder why people post such content free "inside info" posts thinking it provides some form of integrity or validity when it does nothing of the sort.

See, thats why I was choosy with my words (aside from my wee problem) :) It really does sound like I have no knowledge, and am just trying to spread gossip. And as much as I could stand here and say 'oh no it's completely true and I have the facts', I have nothing to prove that. So that leaves me in a tricky spot.

I will not comment further on this issue, until something more concrete is in place. And then it will be a loud and cheeful 'I told you so', when you can all put me back into place. Thank you :)

Yep..spot on....I for one am having a great laugh...Be even funnier if it was true though!! lol :lol:

red hot.. demon rumour...

hrmmm

i taste chili

quite possibly ;)

It was reported on the rumour file this morning on 693 that the Melbourne Football Club is trying to woo an Indian prince who is apparently willing to pledge a cool $20 million towards the club.

Nice coin if we can get it.

However, it's just a rumour at this stage.

Yes, its true.

Yes, its true.

Well thats it then...all down the Pub..or is that PUnjaB ..... or pun jab..or ..lol :)

We can all sleep soundly tonight... all is well. !!!

wont be offended if I just wait for something a little more official ?? not to doubt anyone of course !! :rolleyes:

See, thats why I was choosy with my words (aside from my wee problem) :) It really does sound like I have no knowledge, and am just trying to spread gossip. And as much as I could stand here and say 'oh no it's completely true and I have the facts', I have nothing to prove that. So that leaves me in a tricky spot.

I will not comment further on this issue, until something more concrete is in place. And then it will be a loud and cheeful 'I told you so', when you can all put me back into place. Thank you :)

Fair enough. Good luck with the wee problem. :D

I'll believe it when I see it on the website.

20m. I'm too scared to believe it is true as that would be ridiculously big for the club.

Website? Do you live in a bubble or something my good man?

If it does happen I think it will be a rather large news for the footy club and the AFL, it will be an annoucement for more than just the website muscles.

If it does happen I think it will be a rather large news for the footy club and the AFL, it will be an annoucement for more than just the website muscles.

It's on! Demons hit the jackpot

I like the sound of saying that, but really I have no clue on the matter. However I've always loved all things Indian so this would be a perfect fit for mine.

It's on! Demons hit the jackpot

I like the sound of saying that, but really I have no clue on the matter. However I've always loved all things Indian so this would be a perfect fit for mine.

We have had some funny, silly and down right farken stupid rumours this year on the Demons message boards but this one has to take the cake. Even if it is true in the sense that we are laying prostrate at the feet of an Indian Prince begging him for his cash it is so far left field it is not funny.

And what is this from another thread about Macca playing at the All England Tennis Club with the said Indian Prince??? I might have to duck down the road and have a look see to be sure. (By duck down the road I mean take 3 trains and a bus.... bloody London transport)

Perhaps I should elaborate. When I say website I mean the club itself acknowledges it.

This rumor is too fanciful for me to believe it from anyone else.

Well if you think about it $25 a week is about $3.60c a day for 7 days. Thats about the price of a cup of coffee or a sandwich nowadays.

i would be happy donating that but not everyone can afford it. $25 is actually a lot of $ these days with petrol, living, groceries, education and housing increasing. I spoke to someone on the train a week ago who choose not to buy a paper because he realised it was a way of tighening the household spenditure. Im sorry but it will never ever ever happen that amount of $. Would love it to but people are having enough trouble with $ and luxuries (and yes even footy is a luctury) have to be sacrifised for warmth, food and shelter.

Hmm..again..either its a white knight with money to burn..if so.. I can pass on my details.. ..lol !!

or there's a commercial aspect to it...

So what industries benefit their market ( bottom line ) by exposure here. Who's about to launch products or services here ?

Software companies might...more money is made in the commercial arena ..even by Microsift.. etc

Airlines.. possibly a new player in teh growing India/OZ route ...anyone heard any whispers ??

Breweries ..word has it Fosters is in the the poo..Energy and enviro engineering...hmm..be be the dark horse with a white knight..lol )

and maybe a Consumer Brand

cant think of anything esle that would prove relevant..except maybe a cheap Indain Auto company wanting to break into the market.

AH love rumours.. and we still have trade week to come.. lol :)

It's quite obviously Anurag Dikshit, with his online gambling company.

The man has a gambling problem!

And he's prepared to throw 20 million on the Dees.

In all seriousness though, how about telecommunications?

Sorry to who ever started it but...come on.

Anyways, I would feel alot more inspired by a 28,000 members who put their hands in their pockets or even Hmm I dont know, turned upto matches so were not writing cheques!!!!

Its nice to dream though...

GO DEES!

please read my post and HEADING clearly - it's some rumour that was on 3AW on Tuesday morning. I was only reporting it, not BELIEVING it.

I think we all need to have a cup of tea and a lie down.....

So what industries benefit their market ( bottom line ) by exposure here. Who's about to launch products or services here ?

Steel and Mining Industry!!!

Oh how i wish this where all true then i'd be so happy!!!

I find this story of having an Indian Prince offering us $20 million dollars very hard to believe. :blink:

As MFC supporters/member we should try and raise money to keep our club alive through our own efforts.

If 20,000 MFC supporters/members donated $25 a week for 20 weeks (about a season) we would raise $10 million dollars. Over 40 weeks (about 2 seasons) we would have be able to raise our OWN $20 million dollars without any help.

I realise it would take a lot of effort but it would be possible.

I've got a better idea that won't cost the supporters a cent, but will raise approx. $2 million in 20 weeks.

If 20,000 supporters/members outlayed $25 a week on our opponents to win at average odds of $1.20 for 20 weeks, and donated their net winnings to the club, the club would be $2 million dollars richer. The proviso is that you never back Freo against anyone, hence the 20 weeks. B)

I've got a better idea that won't cost the supporters a cent, but will raise approx. $2 million in 20 weeks.

If 20,000 supporters/members outlayed $25 a week on our opponents to win at average odds of $1.20 for 20 weeks, and donated their net winnings to the club, the club would be $2 million dollars richer. The proviso is that you never back Freo against anyone, hence the 20 weeks. B)

Very nice!

HMM.. if we play this little game..

Telco ?? maybe...but In order to gain a return for expenditure there has to be an exposure that has commercial return attached. Is there a new player coming to the market in 3G services ??

Steel. cant see it..even though they have the moula.. We all dont run out and buy steel. It has to be something that requires brand awareness or at least instills a warm and fuzzy feeling. Cars work. hell..even Hero Honda with their 'scooties' work...given the chances of cars bing parked with inceasing petrol costs... this almost flies.

is there an Indian version of LG ??

or are we looking at the biggest new franchises for "Curry in a Hurry" ...about to open at a location near you ?? :D

I'll believe it when it does actually happen.

I would prefer we as Melbourne supporters/members raise the money ourselves rather than rely on fantasy.

And yes I am a sceptic. <_<