Koschitzke

RickyBobby

I know it's a bit early to bring up the end of season trades and stuff yet but just putting this name out there and feel free to throw others in the mix but would a player like Koschitzke fit into the MFC plans for the future or is he out of the age bracket. Is 25 now and the saints aren't looking like challenging any time soon so may look at getting rid of some middle aged players and starting again with Koschitzke's name already being mentioned in the press.

Would provide a target up front for us which we sorely need but is injury prone and has underacheived to date IMO. What do others think? For the right price would he be good to have in the red and blue?

I know it's a bit early to bring up the end of season trades and stuff yet but just putting this name out there and feel free to throw others in the mix but would a player like Koschitzke fit into the MFC plans for the future or is he out of the age bracket. Is 25 now and the saints aren't looking like challenging any time soon so may look at getting rid of some middle aged players and starting again with Koschitzke's name already being mentioned in the press.

Would provide a target up front for us which we sorely need but is injury prone and has underacheived to date IMO. What do others think? For the right price would he be good to have in the red and blue?

He certainly could fill a role at FF but the guy gets injured shaving so clubs will be wary to give anything for him.

For the right price would he be good to have in the red and blue?

he is over 23 as you said which indicates to me that it will have to be an extremely good price.

i think there will be others who will offer more than us

if he is out of contract he might go to the pre season draft but i dont think he wants to leave st kilda that badly and even if he did the saints wont let him walk for free.

I just replied to this thread on Demonology >_>

'For the right price' everyone's decent in the red and blue, but I doubt we'll get him at the right price for us (given his age and injuries, plus the fact he's quite highly rated).

No thanks. For the injury rationale explained elsewhere. Be buying a lame duck !!

Any other names people can come up with as a potential Key Forward option at seasons end?

We need a key position forward more than any team in the comp at the moment, drafting one in this years draft is a long term vision, what will we do in the next 2-3 years while we wait for a draftee to hopefully develop into the next Buddy? hope newton comes good??? :wacko:

Im wodering if the drafting of say Naita might reorganise the prioties for others playing in KPP ?

One stone might deal indeed with two birds ?

Pros:

- He's actually a good player. If he got to peak fitness, as a leading FF he would create the contests that Davey, Wonna and presumably Maric would need, even if he didn't mark... There would be nothing speculative about him.

- He's of a good age for a KP forward. 27 would be too old for our purposes, 25 gives him 7 years on the list given the fact he's missed a LOT of footy. If we can't be threatening again within 3 or 5 at the outside, then we are really doing something wrong.

- We have no-one in the square, and we have no-one besides Newton who's suitable out of the square (besides Zomer who is largely an unknown quantity). Even Newton would be wasted being that deep as he could be a CHF if he got his head right. MFCs list is screaming out for a player like Kosi. We could recruit three KP forwards and there's a possibility NONE of them would come on and be as good as Justin. Just look at '04. Dunn is playing as a tagger, Bate is playing as a midfielder/HB flanker/lead-up CHF, and Newton is... well... I don't think anyone knows what's going on with him... NONE of those guys look to be able to fill the void Neita left.

- The gurnsey. Stop and picture it with me. Looks good on him doesn't it? But then again our home gurnsey looks good on most people. Dame Edna would probably look good in our home gurnsey.

Cons:

- Injury prone. Do we really need ANOTHER injury prone player? His awareness, which everyone says is his problem, isn't a big thing playing out of FF, but I can still see him getting to round 12, having kicked 30-40 goals, and then he gets towelled up by Croad or someone and then he's breathing out of a tube...

- The price-tag, both in the Salary cap and in terms of what we'd need to trade. Ask any Sainter and they'd say late first rounder as a MINIMUM, which I would NEVER want to use to pick him up. I'd even be loathe to drop a second rounder on him, what with the inherent risk involved. So ask yourselves this... Rivers for Kosi straight swap? Both are injury prone and former rising star winners who because of missed games have not risen to the heights they should have... We are screaming out for a 50 goal full forward, and they are screaming out for a replacement for Goose who could be gone... Lyon likes his defenders.

I think it'll end up being a case of him being worth more to them on their list than for another mid-range draft pick. If our plan is to succeed we need to get 5 picks inside the top 20-30 and trading FOR Kosi would just weaken our position in the future. This year's draft is supposed to be chock full of good KP players...

My answer? Only for a third rounder, which quite plainly, will never happen. Maybe a third rounder and a player who we know will never hurt us at another club... like Wheatley, Miller, etc etc...

I don't reckon it'll happen. Not for us anyway... the bulldogs however could use him, and maybe the Crows.

Pros:

- He's actually a good player. If he got to peak fitness, as a leading FF he would create the contests that Davey, Wonna and presumably Maric would need, even if he didn't mark... There would be nothing speculative about him.

- He's of a good age for a KP forward. 27 would be too old for our purposes, 25 gives him 7 years on the list given the fact he's missed a LOT of footy. If we can't be threatening again within 3 or 5 at the outside, then we are really doing something wrong.

- We have no-one in the square, and we have no-one besides Newton who's suitable out of the square (besides Zomer who is largely an unknown quantity). Even Newton would be wasted being that deep as he could be a CHF if he got his head right. MFCs list is screaming out for a player like Kosi. We could recruit three KP forwards and there's a possibility NONE of them would come on and be as good as Justin. Just look at '04. Dunn is playing as a tagger, Bate is playing as a midfielder/HB flanker/lead-up CHF, and Newton is... well... I don't think anyone knows what's going on with him... NONE of those guys look to be able to fill the void Neita left.

- The gurnsey. Stop and picture it with me. Looks good on him doesn't it? But then again our home gurnsey looks good on most people. Dame Edna would probably look good in our home gurnsey.

Cons:

- Injury prone. Do we really need ANOTHER injury prone player? His awareness, which everyone says is his problem, isn't a big thing playing out of FF, but I can still see him getting to round 12, having kicked 30-40 goals, and then he gets towelled up by Croad or someone and then he's breathing out of a tube...

- The price-tag, both in the Salary cap and in terms of what we'd need to trade. Ask any Sainter and they'd say late first rounder as a MINIMUM, which I would NEVER want to use to pick him up. I'd even be loathe to drop a second rounder on him, what with the inherent risk involved. So ask yourselves this... Rivers for Kosi straight swap? Both are injury prone and former rising star winners who because of missed games have not risen to the heights they should have... We are screaming out for a 50 goal full forward, and they are screaming out for a replacement for Goose who could be gone... Lyon likes his defenders.

I think it'll end up being a case of him being worth more to them on their list than for another mid-range draft pick. If our plan is to succeed we need to get 5 picks inside the top 20-30 and trading FOR Kosi would just weaken our position in the future. This year's draft is supposed to be chock full of good KP players...

My answer? Only for a third rounder, which quite plainly, will never happen. Maybe a third rounder and a player who we know will never hurt us at another club... like Wheatley, Miller, etc etc...

I don't reckon it'll happen. Not for us anyway... the bulldogs however could use him, and maybe the Crows.

Great summary dappa and I have to say I agree with your comments, I wouldn't want to give up a 1st or early 2nd rounder for him... no way. Would have a fit Rivers over a fit Kosi anyday mind you.

No [censored] way.

He is a giant spud. He played 4 or 5 weeks of good footy back in 2004. Big deal.

And while we are on the topic of forwards, I also do not want

- Ryan Murphy

- Ashley Hansen

- Tom Lonergan

- Tim Boyle

So please refrain from starting threads about them. Thanks.

No fu#$#$# way.

He is a giant spud. He played 4 or 5 weeks of good footy back in 2004. Big deal.

- Ryan Murphy

- Ashley Hansen

- Tom Lonergan

- Tim Boyle

have to agree with the wise yze magic

hes played as well as miller if not worse over his career, and atleast miller adds toughness and is not injury prone

- Ryan Murphy

- Ashley Hansen

- Tom Lonergan

- Tim Boyle

I agree with the first three, but I would seriously consider Boyle. He's young and talented, and would fit nicely into most forward lines.

As for Kosi, I like the idea of having him but I wouldn't want to give up a first-rounder. People are talking about him playing forward - he has been used in the backline in the past with great effect as well.

I might as well propose a trade: Sylvia and third-round pick (pick 35 to 45) for Kosi.

I wouldn't give up any more given he is injury-prone and has not performed to his ability for some time.

No [censored] way.

- Ryan Murphy

- Ashley Hansen

- Tom Lonergan

- Tim Boyle

Agree with those 4...

Even for the right price they're not going to get us anywhere, or fill a gap left by all the departing players.

Pros:

Good summary but I would give a lot higher.

Other teams would see us as desperate to get a tall marking forward.

If King and Gardiner arent successful for the next 11 games they may be interested in Jeff White.

Not worth much to us but may be someone the saints are keeping an eye on.

They are both going OK so far. I think we would need to give a high 2nd round with or without White to get Kozi.

But obviously, if Lyon finally accepts they are re-building, they wont want White at all.

Any other names people can come up with as a potential Key Forward option at seasons end?

We need a key position forward more than any team in the comp at the moment, drafting one in this years draft is a long term vision, what will we do in the next 2-3 years while we wait for a draftee to hopefully develop into the next Buddy? hope newton comes good??? :wacko:

I wonder how available J Brown is and how much longer his body will produce good footy? I would say he is about 98% sure to stay in Brisbane so this may be pointless but I will indulge anyway. Another factor is how much would it cost to get him? Assuming we get the no. 1 pick there is no way we would let that go. But would they take an offer like Bruce, Petterd and pick 17? Might not be enough.

With the emergence of Garland and Warnock and if Rivers can get his body right for next year we could be a covered for tall backs for the first time in a long time. Not to mention Carroll, Frawley and Martin all waiting in the wings.

With Whelan getting on and poor form of Bell and Bartram I am a little concerned about our small backman stocks. Though I hope Grimes and Cheeny will go some way to addressing this. But they are an unknown and this is an area of concern. Lets hope CJ can come on a bit.

Despite a lack of pace our midfield is going ok. I know Morton will develop but I am thinking for the sake of team balance Palmer would have been just the player we are crying out for. But we cant dwell on that. Davey adds that pace and if Buckley can develop his game to improve his defence we will be ok there.

With White aging, Nick Nat will be a fantastic addition, should we get the no 1 pick and should start to come on by the time White retires. I think PJ is quite a handy no 2 and who knows how Meeson will turn out (though I dont have high hopes). Jamar is a handy back up.

Clearly our forward line will miss big Neita and J Brown would be an awsome pick up with the main query being his age and will he be playing A grade football when our side matures? But should all this pann out I dont think the side below will be too bad:

Whelan Warnock Rivers

Wheatly Garland Grimes

Green McLean Davey

Sylvia Miller Bate

Wonna Brown Robbo

White Jones Moloney

Neita Morton Buckley Dunn

Good summary but I would give a lot higher.

Other teams would see us as desperate to get a tall marking forward.

If King and Gardiner arent successful for the next 11 games they may be interested in Jeff White.

Not worth much to us but may be someone the saints are keeping an eye on.

They are both going OK so far. I think we would need to give a high 2nd round with or without White to get Kozi.

But obviously, if Lyon finally accepts they are re-building, they wont want White at all.

They have 2 relic big men. I dont see White going on beyond this year.

St K will want at least a first round. They look at Kosi as flawed but talented. Id say at least 16 (= TJ)

I am not sure I want Kosi at that price.

Mitch Thorp?

Third or fourth in line at Hawthorn. Why not entice him over with the offer of actually being played.

Isn't one young key forward with a bad attitude enough? Have heard he has annoyed a few team mates with his ego over at the hawks.

It's not like Thorp has done much at Box Hill either.

Nooooo Bingooo!

We want to go forward,not backwards!

I've seen him play a few good games,he's never played a great game.

Not consistant enough and too injury prone.

Saints would want far too much for him,like a top 10 pick :lol:

Justin Koschitzke

#23 St Kilda Saints

Born: September 20, 1982

Height: 197cm Weight: 98kg

Position: Forward, Ruck

There's his profile for reference.

So not drastically old - remember that from 25-27 we have very few players, due to the moslty stuffed 2000-2001 drafts.

Mention of Kosi has put a thought in my head.

Bruce... for Kosi... gets sold as both players making a new start, maybe a win for both clubs. Definately a risk for both clubs. Bruce is rated higher by the rest of the world than he is on Demonland, that's for sure.

It's certainly a good option for us I think, and more dignified than trading a stalwart player for a second or third round draft pick.

Still... I'm only moderately impressed by Koschitzke. I wouldn't want to end up with the next Kent Kingsley trade.