• Latest Podcast: JLT 02 Brisbane

WERRIDEE

Werribee Tigers v Casey Scorpions - VFL Round 2

http://vfl.com.au/peter-jackson-vfl-teams-round-2-2/

Spargo out suspended, Hutchins still out.

I expect Hannan will be emergency and Brayshaw will play in the seniors.

I expect Gent, Munro and Lefau to come in.

• Like 1

The Casey Demons enjoyed a comfortable 100+ points victory at Coburg last week and, while big early season wins are always welcome, the don’t provide much scope to gauge the form of players with a view to promotion to a much higher level of football.

There is a better chance this week against another stand alone club in Werribee at the opening of their new facility at Avalon Airport Oval. The Tigers just missed out on the points against Geelong VFL in Round 1.

PETER JACKSON VFL 2018

WERRIBEE TIGERS v CASEY DEMONS
Saturday 14 April 2018 at 7:00pm 
Avalon Airport Oval, Werribee

WERRIBEE TIGERS

B: 25. N. Buykx, 15. S. Collins, 7. D. McFarlane
HB: 12. R. Barrack, 23. H. Boyd, 21. L. Pinnuck
C: 10. J.  Maishman, 11. M.  Hanson, 26. B.  Moloney
HF: 9. K. Aylett, 31. K. Declase, 6. J. Sharp
F: 14. A. Hooper, 32. J. Corbett, 2. M. Munro
Foll: 36. J. Berry, 3. M. Sodomaco, 4. T. Gribble
I/C (from): 41. J. Brauman, 28. M. Brett, 13. J. Cleeland, 5. N. Coughlan, 34. N. Nott, 33. B. Rees, 20. J. Robinson, 24. J. Williams
23P: 44. J. Henderson

In: J. Brauman, J. Williams, J. Corbett, R. Barrack, J. Cleeland

Out: J. Porter 

CASEY DEMONS

B: 19. M. Hannan, 45. D. Keilty, 2. M. White
HB: 29. J. Hunt, 44. J. Smith, 55. H. Petty
C: 37. D.  Johnstone, 10. A.  Brayshaw, 15. B.  Stretch
HF: 31. B. Fritsch, 21. C. Pedersen, 36. J. Garlett
F: 54. H. Balic, 26. S. Weideman, 38. T. Smith
Foll: 34. M. King, 20. C. Maynard, 42. J. Wagner
I/C (from): 56. O. Baker, 32. J. Briggs, 47. L. Filipovic, 9. M. Gent, 33. J. Kennedy-Harris, 41. M. Lefau, 18. J. Lockhart, 24. C. Machaya, 59. R. Morrison, 6. J. Munro, 27. A. Scott, 13. C. Wagner
23P: 14. M. Lewis

In: J. Briggs,  B. Fritsch, J. Garlett, M. Gent, M. Lefau, C. MacHaya, R. Morrison, J. Munro, J. Wagner 

Out: C. Spargo (susp)

• Like 2

POSSIBLE TEAM

B:J.SMITH, KEILTY, WHITE

HB: HUNT, PETTY, BAKER

C: STRETCH, MAYNARD, C.WAGNER

HF: BALIC, PEDERSEN, JOHNSTONE

F: SCOTT, WEIDEMAN, T.SMITH

FOLL: KING, KENNEDY HARRIS, GENT

IC: FILIPOVIC, LOCKHART, MUNRO, LEFAU, M.LEWIS

EMERG: BRIGGS, MACHAYA, MORRISON

Casey by 42 points

I'll be there and will give a report after the game.

Edited by WERRIDEE
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I’ll be going to both this game and then the Dees v Hawks game Sunday, hopefully it’s a good weekend where we come away with 2 wins. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Drunkn167 said:

I’ll be going to both this game and then the Dees v Hawks game Sunday, hopefully it’s a good weekend where we come away with 2 wins. 

I was thinking the same drunkn. I live in alrona so werribee farly close. The ground looks terrific after rhe upgrade. I have always liked the ground, sitting just by the river amongst tgevriver gums.

Not sure if i can swing it though

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:02 AM, binman said:

I was thinking the same drunkn. I live in alrona so werribee farly close. The ground looks terrific after rhe upgrade. I have always liked the ground, sitting just by the river amongst tgevriver gums.

Not sure if i can swing it though

Best to turn the autocorrect back on binman! Either that or avoid posting when dwunk.

• Haha 1

On 12/04/2018 at 9:27 PM, WERRIDEE said:

POSSIBLE TEAM

B:J.SMITH, KEILTY, WHITE

HB: HUNT, PETTY, BAKER

C: STRETCH, MAYNARD, C.WAGNER

HF: BALIC, PEDERSEN, JOHNSTONE

F: SCOTT, WEIDEMAN, T.SMITH

FOLL: KING, KENNEDY HARRIS, GENT

IC: FILIPOVIC, LOCKHART, MUNRO, LEFAU, M.LEWIS

EMERG: BRIGGS, MACHAYA, MORRISON

Casey by 42 points

I'll be there and will give a report after the game.

Assume Hannan is the standby.  Strong team. Only stronger would be Hutchins back in defence 

• Like 1

Hopefully the Casey FM radio van doesn't get bogged this week.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Fairly cold night but the rains have seemed to stop. Not much wind so hope it stays that way. 

I believe Hunt and Stretch are being held over as emergencies but I’ll confirm that later on.

• Like 3

Just now, Drunkn167 said:

Fairly cold night but the rains have seemed to stop. Not much wind so hope it stays that way. 

I believe Hunt and Stretch are being held over as emergencies but I’ll confirm that later on.

thanks... a little surprised that Hunt is the emergency... thought it would be Hannan and Stretch

Hope you can find somewhere warm to watch the match

25 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

thanks... a little surprised that Hunt is the emergency... thought it would be Hannan and Stretch

Hope you can find somewhere warm to watch the match

I've found somewhere warm. I'm just south of Gladstone in Queensland. Thanks in advance for all the score updates people   !!!!!!

• Like 1

Can someone keep an eye on the bench please. I want to see whose fitness goes up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Drunkn167 said:

Drunkn more important is the Van.....have you sighted the Van!??

• Thanks 1

Geez I wish this was on telly - the games tonight completely suck 

• Like 3

Brand new stand that has just been finished,  looks great and the function room looks great with a good view over the ground.  Also best coaches boxes in the VFL by far.

turning out to be a good night for footy.   No wind and the ground has dried out well,  should be a good game

20180414_183256.jpg

Edited by Melon22
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hannan looks to be the emergency for tomorrow, Stretch, hunt and Weiderman all warming up.

• Like 1

Is there any danger that Casey will receive a free kick sometime?

Slow start for Casey with the home side pumped and kicking the first two goals for the night.

Mitch Hannan is the emergency for Melbourne tomorrow.

• Shocked 1

Quite a bit of few on the ground when I walked out to the qtr time huddle. New grandstand is quite impressive. Rawlings ripped into the forwards at the break.

Hunt in everything,  White our best player so far. Balic started on the ball this week

• Like 6