Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Free Agency/Trade/Draft Rumour File

Whispering_Jack

Rumours –

Given Cloke has signed Melbourne are chasing Goldsack very hard.

Wellingham prefers a Perth destination but will consider MFC (depends on $$ offered)

Will make a play for Kobe Stevens

RFA / FA MFC are talking to/ chasing – Knights, Russell, Levett – Murray, C. Young, Salopek, Lynch

MFC trying hard not to loose Gysberts for nothing (unless they get a similar type player)

Pettard, Martin, Gysberts, Garland, Riv, getting interest from other clubs

Source –

Someone who works within the recruiting dept at MFC

Also heard that Neeld, Craig & Misson have put all players on notice for the upcoming pre-season with no exceptions. Apparently it took them the best part of half the pre season to get the players into some sort of shape this year.

• Like 6

Gysberts is still in contract, therefore he cannot go for nothing and he cannot go without our say so unless he wants to break his contract.

• Like 2

Rumours –

Wellingham prefers a Perth destination but will consider MFC (depends on $$ offered)

RFA / FA MFC are talking to/ chasing – Knights, Russell, Levett – Murray, C. Young, Salopek, Lynch

MFC trying hard not to loose Gysberts for nothing (unless they get a similar type player)

Source –

Also heard that Neeld, Craig & Misson have put all players on notice for the upcoming pre-season with no exceptions. Apparently it took them the best part of half the pre season to get the players into some sort of shape this year.

With the first name starting with K?

Wow.... thanks for the response, and the capitalisation of FREE made it so much clearer.

Perhaps if you read the damn article and came back to explain how the definition of BEST OFFER (see my snazzy use of capitals there.... good huh?) means in fact PREFERRED OFFER (I added bold as a special touch just for you mate!) and how badly that interpretation of the rules by the journalist actually is.

I posted earlier with the link because the definition in that article goes against what is commonly thought of as free agency... hence my comments back and forth with RPFC.

Best <> Preferred. Best has to mean the biggest contract value.

:)

Uh, you took offence. You thought I was putting you down?

----------------

That to me doesn't spell free agency at all. So we can outbid the Bummers, & Goddard has no say,,, except to stay at the Saints, or to go into the draft.

That seems to me like it just plays into the hands of the richer clubs, & also into the hands of inflation.

Gysberts is still in contract, therefore he cannot go for nothing and he cannot go without our say so unless he wants to break his contract.

True but Neeld nor anyone else wamts to keep a player that doesnt want to be with the MFC next year & the years after.

With the first name starting with K?

Are you asking about my source?? If so cant say Ill get in a lot of trouble given they know I post on Demonland!!

Q Lynch to the Pies - some think that means Dawes is on the table but I'm led to believe they see the Q as an upgrade on Leigh Brown

Leigh Brown is our Forward Line coach.

Brown played second-ruck/FP, and it is the same role Dawes plays.

I doubt the Pies would keep Dawes if they get Lynch - I wouldn't.

:)

Uh, you took offence. You thought I was putting you down?

----------------

That to me doesn't spell free agency at all. So we can outbid the Bummers, & Goddard has no say,,, except to stay at the Saints, or to go into the draft.

That seems to me like it just plays into the hands of the richer clubs, & also into the hands of inflation.

Probably a little fired up from a liquid lunch, might have been a touch snide in my response there, sorry bout that :)

As you probably saw with the conversation RPFC and I have when I first put it there.... What is written in the article, just sounds plain wrong, and it's sad the standard of research that some of the AFL journalists (or the editors) do these days. I probably shouldn't be that suprised though I guess.

It cannot be anything other than the preferred offer, because that is pretty much the intention of free agency, and the highest value contract would be the wrong approach.

Aside from a couple of posts - this thread should be 'cleaned' of the attempts at 'humour' that reside in it.

I want fanciful rumours people - not terrible, just terrible, attempts at humour!

...like this..not

Probably a little fired up from a liquid lunch, might have been a touch snide in my response there, sorry bout that :)

As you probably saw with the conversation RPFC and I have when I first put it there.... What is written in the article, just sounds plain wrong, and it's sad the standard of research that some of the AFL journalists (or the editors) do these days. I probably shouldn't be that suprised though I guess.

It cannot be anything other than the preferred offer, because that is pretty much the intention of free agency, and the highest value contract would be the wrong approach.

HaHaHa, cool.

I am not too adept at the sophisticated written ramblings. I tend to think/imagine very laterally, so when they're is too many words to say something simple, I get lost with too many possible translations.

It becomes to tiresome, so I avoid long rambling written pieces. Reading, to me has always been too painful, like sitting still, or sitting still & trying to read. Aah.

So legal crap just sends me right away.

I prefer practical manuals, so my insight on the inner workings of things can guide my mind on the right track. My mind has an analytical part to it.

Legal speak I don't even try anymore.

So, with these new things like the Free Agency, I won't fully grasp it until I See it work in front of me.

I'm starting to find I seem to have some sort of Dyslexia or Lysdexia? Often mistype or miswrite, unable to keep up with my thoughts.

------------

Regarding the Media & Free Agency, It seems as if the media is not sure how it will work.

Edited by dee-luded

Rumours –

Source –

Makes sense to be chasing Goldsack, versatile. Particularly if Rivers is on the move. Obviously the interest maybe Martin according to various reports.

Haven't heard the C.Young one, again it makes sense, outside mid with run, left foot, decent kick.

Both Goldsack and Wellingham want to stay at the filth, but it seems one will have to go. The club will decide, and then we'll know who we chase.

One of the papers said Goldsack had agreed to a new contract and that a new contract was offered to Wellingham, but that it fell way short of Melbourne's offer. We will see.

Think it was the Sun in a Cloke story. I will try and find it.

I read the Sun where it referred to Wellingham, but there was no mention of any offer from Collingwood "falling well short" of Melbourne's.

It was in the Huns' Cripps article, which I'm now struggling to find - but I found it through another source.

It says, "Sharrod Wellingham has been offered a new deal by the Magpies, but he is also considering a three-year offer to move to Melbourne.

The Demons are understood to have again inquired about forward Chris Dawes, but he is contracted and not interested in a move."

There's no mention of any offer.

Guest Mengele

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/saints-cripps-wants-to-go-home-to-perth-20120928-26qwt.html

Here is your article from the age.

If you do not want to read the whole article...

"Eagles midfielder Koby Stevens, who has requested a trade home to Victoria, could be a player involved in a trade for Cripps, possibly as part of a three-way deal with another club if St Kilda is not interested in him being involved in a direct trade.

North Melbourne, Essendon, the Bulldogs, Geelong and St Kilda have all expressed varying degrees of interest in Stevens, who will come to Melbourne next week to speak with clubs.

Meanwhile, Eagles key forward and ruck Quinten Lynch is still considering approaches from clubs, including Melbourne and Carlton, with Collingwood also believed to have some interest.

The Magpies' tight cap has left them with little room to move unless they trade a player out after the re-signing of Travis Cloke. Tyson Goldsack has agreed to terms and will sign soon, while Andrew Krakouer will be offered a one-year deal.

Sharrod Wellingham has been offered a new deal by the Magpies, but he is also considering a three-year offer to move to Melbourne.

The Demons are understood to have again inquired about forward Chris Dawes, but he is contracted and not interested in a move.

Also, Levi Casboult is understood to be close to re-signing at Carlton after agreeing to terms."

Leigh Brown is our Forward Line coach.

Brown played second-ruck/FP, and it is the same role Dawes plays.

I doubt the Pies would keep Dawes if they get Lynch - I wouldn't.

Dawes struggled all year trying to be that back up Ruck, it's clearly not his strong suit and the primary reason he had such a poor season compared to 2010 - I think if the Pies could land a KF/Ruck in the Brown mould and return to having Cloke and Dawes as genuine KFs they'd jump at it.