• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

What can we do to get pick 2?

Yze_Magic

I want Natanui and Rich.

One is not enough.

We have pick 1 sewn up, so how do we get pick 2 so we can secure both of these absolute freaks?

We will gain a priority pick at the end of Round 1 (pick 17).

Would Brock Mclean plus pick 17 be enough to secure pick 2? I am pretty sure that Essendon will be the team that will hold that pick.

McLean and 17 is a small price to pay for the services of Rich and Natanui.

I would also do Nathan Jones and pick 17.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a stupid suggestion. melbourne have put 5 years into him and we get rid of him when he's starting to come good. remember a bloke named scott thompson, he left after we had put two or three years into and look at him now.

when was the last top 5 pick traded? it just doesnt happen anymore. the only one i can think of is freo (pick 1) for hodge/mcpharlin.

just a stupid suggestion. melbourne have put 5 years into him and we get rid of him when he's starting to come good. remember a bloke named scott thompson, he left after we had put two or three years into and look at him now.

when was the last top 5 pick traded? it just doesnt happen anymore. the only one i can think of is freo (pick 1) for hodge/mcpharlin.

last year with juddy mate haha

17 and Jones / McLean won't get us pick 2.

I like both McLean and Jones, and wouldn't be letting them go in a trade anyway.

If the Bombers get pick 2, no way in hell they will be trading it. They are fast running out of champions and will be hanging for a genuine star with pick 2.

I want Natanui and Rich.

One is not enough.

We have pick 1 sewn up, so how do we get pick 2 so we can secure both of these absolute freaks?

We will gain a priority pick at the end of Round 1 (pick 17).

Would Brock Mclean plus pick 17 be enough to secure pick 2? I am pretty sure that Essendon will be the team that will hold that pick.

McLean and 17 is a small price to pay for the services of Rich and Natanui.

I would also do Nathan Jones and pick 17.

Best post yet Y_M...

We should go for 5 picks in the first 20 if we can, but EVERYONE will be doing that and we don't have anything to trade to get picks like that in a good draft. There's only a handful on the lis that would even be close to being that attractive to other clubs... Jones and McLean... Rivers and Bate maybe... Davey if he lifts... Petterd could give the first round a shake.... Bell would be good for a second rounder at his best. After that we have players that would be afterthoughts, or sweeteners at best...

It never ceases to amaze me how people propose the trading of players like CJ and Jamar, who has less than no value...

Best post yet Y_M...

We should go for 5 picks in the first 20 if we can, but EVERYONE will be doing that and we don't have anything to trade to get picks like that in a good draft. There's only a handful on the lis that would even be close to being that attractive to other clubs... Jones and McLean... Rivers and Bate maybe... Davey if he lifts... Petterd could give the first round a shake.... Bell would be good for a second rounder at his best. After that we have players that would be afterthoughts, or sweeteners at best...

It never ceases to amaze me how people propose the trading of players like CJ and Jamar, who has less than no value...

We will get pick 1 & 2 if we win 3 games or less.

McLean is far too overated on this forum. A couple of seasons ago he looked to be a superstar on the rise but has come to a complete stof over the past 18-24 months. (I realise he has had injuries too.) No club would take him and !7 and offload 2. I don't reckon there is a player on the list that a side would take along with pick 17 in exchange for pick 2.

No one will trade a pick in the top 5 it is too risky these days. We still may not get Natanui or Rich, Carlton and Richmond still haven't won enough games yet if they do I will breathe a lot easier we may go winless for the next 4 years and still not get a number 1 pick. Happy days at Melbourne.

I don't reckon there is a player on the list that a side would take along with pick 17 in exchange for pick 2.

Im pretty sure that any team with pick 2 would salivate at an offer of pick 17 and Cale Morton

Im pretty sure that any team with pick 2 would salivate at an offer of pick 17 and Cale Morton

I would'nt Rich is going to be a star. Morton is that good Lyon doesn't even know his name and 17 is an average pick. I don't think your gonna sell anyone with this.

I would'nt Rich is going to be a star. Morton is that good Lyon doesn't even know his name and 17 is an average pick. I don't think your gonna sell anyone with this.

As if I would trade Morton and 17 for pick 2.

You would have to have rocks in your head.

As if I would trade Morton and 17 for pick 2.

You would have to have rocks in your head.

I will bet you all I have that no team will be interested in that. Rich is rated a lot higher than Morton and pick 17 to 19 (depending on what Carlton and Richmond do) is a nothing pick.

2 things.

1. I thought clubs werent allowed to trade priority picks?

2. Cant trade Morton. Players must play the 2 years at their first club and cannot be traded. It would be stupid to trade him anyway.

None of this matters, as whoever has pick 2 will not give it up.

would never trade Mclean..he'd be an untouchable

If Col Sylvia doesnt perform this year, then throw him him- Chris Johnson, Mark jamar, Brad Green, Robbo if we didnt stupidly sign him for 2

Sylvia >>>> McLean

We will get pick 1 & 2 if we win 3 games or less.

Since when?

We get 16 or less premiership points we get a pick AFTER the first round.

Where do you get your information?

The upcoming drafts are about to be mined by the new teams. this could be one of the last legit drafts for current teams. #1 and #2 pick will carry more value than previous years. That said, there is not package we could offer to pry pick #2. We would have to give up so much for the other team to entertain the idea. Is rich worth jones, mclean and pick 17? I find that hard to believe. Rich might be good, but he cannot be good enough to rid us of our best 2 young midfielders and pick 17. Because that is what we sould have to package for pick #2. IMO Brock and Jones are the genuine article. Rich has not proved himself at afl level, our boys have.

Pick 17 could still carry some strong value, i know after pick #10 things get a tad murky, the odd gem has popped up around the late teens draft selection. I say we keep it and see what happens.

I am ALL for trying to grab as many late first rounders and as many second round picks as possible. I think the top 5 will be off limits this year, or they could be dealt for a kerr/brown type player. If we can land a few more picks from 15-30 i think we should be alright.

Nait and rich are supposed to be guns so why not? Y_M good thread.

I'd suggest the only one's on our list "untouchable" would be Morts, Davey, Rivers and maybe Batram.

The rest I would give away for the 2nd pick in next years draft. As WC said this is the draft you need to pick up some early talent as the next 5 years are going to be raped by the new teams coming into the comp.

Pick 17, one of Sylvia/McLean and if needs be one of our late round picks even.... Obviously you do not want to over pay but for those two you'd pay a high price...

But as most have mentionedthere would be very very very little chance any one in the top 5 will trade out unless they think they only need one or two good players to get close to a premiership again, if we look at the current ladder then WCE are 2nd last and do not look like do much for the year.

Rich is from WA, no way in hell they will trade away him. Freo 3rd last same was WC, no chance. Port not likelt and Essendon only if something special like Davey plus 17. To high a price for mine.

. . . Davey plus 17.

I'd take this in an instant. Not that Davey isn't good, but that trade would be fantastic for both clubs. He absolutely suits their running style, he has a relative who plays for them, as well as a few friends. Would fit in at Essendon very easily, plus they would likely get another fast, skilled player with pick 17. We, on the other hand, would get a monster rover and a grasshopper of a ruckman. Am I crazy, or does this sound perfect to anyone else?

I'd take this in an instant. Not that Davey isn't good, but that trade would be fantastic for both clubs. He absolutely suits their running style, he has a relative who plays for them, as well as a few friends. Would fit in at Essendon very easily, plus they would likely get another fast, skilled player with pick 17. We, on the other hand, would get a monster rover and a grasshopper of a ruckman. Am I crazy, or does this sound perfect to anyone else?

Im sure Essendon would love Aaron, but im pretty sure if they get pick 2 it will be untouchable, or trade bait for a Kerr type superstar.

Aaron + 17 isnt worth pick 2 - hed need to have 14 BOG's to finish the season and take Charlie home for him to get that status, and if that happened would we want to lose him? <_<

Carlton didn't even give up pick 1 for Judd last year. The best player in the competition.

Nobody wil give up pick 1 or 2 (depending on which one we have). Nobody. Especially not for the dross we have on our list.

Forget it.