• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

"We can beat Cats" - Bailey

He has to say that and rightly so. We can beat the cats. Everyone has to play well but we can do it. We did it a few years back. The problem will be that if we win everyone will say the Cats bet on a loss (understand that illegal). There may be an AFL investigation into what happened. Stay tuned. I remember when Kenya and Bangladesh won a game of cricket. You never know.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/tabid/7415/D...px?newsid=57279

Oh dear :lol:

And it looks like we'll be going all out attack, rather than flooding and tagging in order patch the scoreboard up

The laughs on you BBP.

If a coach doesn't go into a game with that attitude, you'd sack him on the spot. Anyone who thinks the right thing to do by a developing team is to accept defeat but engage in flood tactics to minimise the damage on the scoreboard is asking for a team that will never know how to win a game whether its in five weeks, five months or five years from now. Carlton is learning that although I'm not so sure that Ratten and the rest of their so-called "brains trust" realise the full implications.

The laughs on you BBP.

Sorry but it makes him look foolish making these comments, considering we'll get flogged by 100 points.

I'm convinced deep-down that a large percentage of players already know they'll lose before the first bounce. Did you not see them over the last 2 weeks. The sprit in this club has completley faded away.

If they were playing Carlton, then it would be another story.

Guest melbman

The greatest cricket team in the world, the Aussies, never surrender. They didn't wait till they were world number ones for that attitude to kick in. They are the best because of that attitude.

Go Bails you good thing!!!

The laughs on you BBP.

If a coach doesn't go into a game with that attitude, you'd sack him on the spot. Anyone who thinks the right thing to do by a developing team is to accept defeat but engage in flood tactics to minimise the damage on the scoreboard is asking for a team that will never know how to win a game whether its in five weeks, five months or five years from now.

Agree.

What would you possibly expect Bailey to say? :rolleyes:

If the players cant fight back from adversity then they should not and wont be there. Lack of commitment and adherence to team strategy. I would not expect it would be accepted at other Clubs that are successful. I dont know why its treated as some bellwether of success or failure by supporters here.

And a cheap mocking shot at the Coach is just so typical of the mediocre mindsets in this Club.

And its going to change. Its up to the players. Do they have it or not? We will find out over the coming weeks.

And it looks like we'll be going all out attack, rather than flooding and tagging in order patch the scoreboard up

When you in teaching mode, the scoreboard doesn't matter. I would rather he tell them to attack at all times and take risks than to flood and try to save face.

Say nothing at all.

Or perhaps..."we'll be looking to be more competitive this week". Surely you don't believe that Bailey believes we have a chance.

Nobody forced him to make silly outlandish calls like this one.

He did make the comment about competitiveness.

Bailey believes in what has to be done. If MFC complies with that requirement then he says there a chance. Nothing sensationalist and nothing unreasonable in a media situation.

Is anyone forcing you to make your "outlandish calls"? :unsure:

Geez...the guys damned if he does...damned if he doesnt.

Put your hand in the air if you want to trade places with him!!!

This guy just doesnt know how to take a backward step...might just inpsire a few players to emulate. who knows.

It wont be pretty on Sunday.. but you cant go there already beaten!!

Guest melbman
I would rather he tell them to attack at all times and take risks than to flood and try to save face.

Same here undeeniable, never give up, never stop. It's also an investment on the next time you meet them cos they'll remember your fight!

Some of your guys are so disappointing.

What do you expect the coach to say!!...No we can't win or saying nothing is the same as saying we can't win.

Of course they can win....history shows that anything is possible in sport.

Robbie Flower mentioned the other day that he always went into a game believing the Dees could win.

This is saying something considering he played during the darkest days of the MFC when they struggled to win a few games each season for many many seasons.

He did make the comment about competitiveness.

Exactly and he should've left it there.

This quote reminds me of Peter Schwab announcing to all and sundry that Hawthorn will win the flag in 2004.

He's had the most disastrous and embarrasing debut as a coach in recent times...why apply more pressure on himself?

He said everything he should have said!

I think the title of the article is just in your face thats all, and obviously you cant blame that on bailey!

And i earge you to go see the video at the herald sun site of him actually saying what was said

Exactly and he should've left it there.

This quote reminds me of Peter Schwab announcing to all and sundry that Hawthorn will win the flag in 2004.

He's had the most disastrous and embarrasing debut as a coach in recent times...why apply more pressure on himself?

FCS, he only said he thought we were a chance and it was in a throwaway media clip. Peripheral issue best.

I am happy to be corrected by the actual quote but I thought Schwab believed he had the list to challenge for the flag. I dont recall him claiming as you have put it. And DB's throwaway line of a different calibre to what your claiming Schwab has done.

BBP, I surprised you so caught up and keen to participate in the negative media static around MFC at the moment. Most learned football followers in the media and elsewhere recognise the challenge before Bailey and have understood that shortcomings that he has inherited.

The only thing disasterous and embarrassing is the soft level of support that MFC supporters so often show in tough times.

If anything, I reckon DB is honest straightforward, focussed, committed and knowledgeable. He has handled the media with a honest bat. The media have made nothing stick on him. Although they have summed some of spectators very well.

There are bigger issues at play so why sweat the small insignificant stuff? :rolleyes:

FCS, he only said he thought we were a chance and it was in a throwaway media clip. Peripheral issue best.

I am happy to be corrected by the actual quote but I thought Schwab believed he had the list to challenge for the flag. I dont recall him claiming as you have put it. And DB's throwaway line of a different calibre to what your claiming Schwab has done.

BBP, I surprised you so caught up and keen to participate in the negative media static around MFC at the moment. Most learned football followers in the media and elsewhere recognise the challenge before Bailey and have understood that shortcomings that he has inherited.

The only thing disasterous and embarrassing is the soft level of support that MFC supporters so often show in tough times.

If anything, I reckon DB is honest straightforward, focussed, committed and knowledgeable. He has handled the media with a honest bat. The media have made nothing stick on him. Although they have summed some of spectators very well.

There are bigger issues at play so why sweat the small insignificant stuff? :rolleyes:

Totally agree, you can tell by his voice that he accepts nothings less than what he expects to happen, by the way did you hear him take the [censored] out of a reporter about Phil Jackson ( coaches Basketball in the states ) ringing him to offer support....damm funny I thought.

Was just wondering why you use a picture of Percy Beames and not Russell "Rhino" Richards.

1. I dont have a picture of Russell Richards.

2. As it is MFC's 150th year, I thought I wonder honor a top player from the past who was also a very good journalist.

1. I dont have a picture of Russell Richards.

2. As it is MFC's 150th year, I thought I wonder honor a top player from the past who was also a very good journalist.

Ok.

Just a little sidelight. The great Percy Beames daughter, who must be in her 60's now and was a top marathoner in her day, still jogs around Caulfield Park every day of the year. She often has hair rollers in her hair and always says hello to everyone. She is a real character and has told me a few stories about her dad who was not only a champion Demon but a top cricketer as well. RIP Percy.