31 - David Hale

33 - Matt Campbell

36 - Shannon Watt

37 - Scott Thompson

38 - Josh Gibson

39 - Leigh Harding

42- Scott McMahon

SOURCE afl.com.au

this is by far the strongest side we've fielded...

forward line looks full strength, missing a few from the middle and down back... bruce, rivers, whelan, wheatley the only ones i can think of that are missing... valenti has been rested, and we're only playing 2 ruckman... does this indicate that Paul Johnson gets the nod round 1? from the sounds of things so far he's probably been the best performed of the other 3 ruckman...

Here is the list of players missing:

3 - Clint Bartram

4 - Ben Holland

10 - Cale Morton

16 - Jack Grimes

19 - Addam Maric

25 - Kyle Cheney

26 - John Meesen

27 - Jared Rivers

30 - Tom McNamara

31 - Paul Wheatley

32 - Cameron Bruce

33 - Stefan Martin

35 - Trent Zomer

37 - Matthew Warnock

40 - Mark Jamar

42 - Jake Spencer

44 - Shane Valenti

45 - Matthew Whelan

Good to see Chris Johnson fit and ready. I'm one of a few that still have high hopes.

Here is the list of players missing:

3 - Clint Bartram

4 - Ben Holland

10 - Cale Morton

16 - Jack Grimes

19 - Addam Maric

25 - Kyle Cheney

26 - John Meesen

27 - Jared Rivers

30 - Tom McNamara

31 - Paul Wheatley

32 - Cameron Bruce

33 - Stefan Martin

35 - Trent Zomer

37 - Matthew Warnock

40 - Mark Jamar

42 - Jake Spencer

44 - Shane Valenti

45 - Matthew Whelan

Being the last game before round 1, we are clearly attempting to play our best possible line-up.

of those not playing, Bartram, Whelan, Wheatley and Rivers are having hit outs with sandy coming back from injuries (which is great!)

all the rest are first year players, rookies or fringe players. (Valenti cannot play round 1 bc he's a rookie even though he probably deserves to).

cameron bruce is still 1 week away from fitness.

all i can say is that not being picked this week if you're fringe would be very worrying:

Ben Holland

Mark Jamar

John Meesan

Matthew Warnock

these 4 guyz are clearly on the outer. i imagine all 4 will be used at stages throughout the year due to poor form and injury, but they are not in our starting 22

all i can say is that not being picked this week if you're fringe would be very worrying:

Ben Holland

Mark Jamar

John Meesan

Matthew Warnock

these 4 guyz are clearly on the outer. i imagine all 4 will be used at stages throughout the year due to poor form and injury, but they are not in our starting 22

MFC need an effective 2nd ruck. PJ isn't there yet. The door is wide open for Meesen and Jamar to take the role....if they are good enough. :unsure:

Holland...a maybe. Warnock...no thanks.

Mark Jamar

John Meesan

We're already playing two rucks. I guess, considering the extended interchange bench, we could have played three, but if I were them I wouldn't be looking for a new job just yet.

I don't think Warnock - nor many fans - would be surprised that he's on the fringe.

As for Holland, we know what he can do, and I imagine Bailey has a fair idea too.

I wonder if Morton is not playing in an effort to give his body a rest before his debut in Round 1?

From the article 'future no finals'

while Cale Morton, the club's top pick in last year's draft, is expected to play plenty of senior football.

From all reports the boy knows how to find the pill and knows where to run. Can kick too. :rolleyes:

Skinny but he gets it.

this match will give us an indication of where we are at i think... more than any of the other pre season games played thus far... our weakness will be our backline i think, and will continue to be until rivers and whelan are on the park...

out of the middle and forward lines we're only missing valenti(rookie anyhow), bruce, plus any new draftees who are good enough to get a game...

Meesen has played every pre-season game and will miss this one, doesn't mean he has lost it to PJ.

In fact id take it as he is getting a quick rest before season starts.

Does this mean Cam Bruce will miss round 1 - which would be bloody disapointing.

Or are they banking on him playing 1 week with Sandy and straight into the team.

I can't wait to head out to Cranbourne (never thought I'd say that :blink: ) to watch Davey, Sylvia, Moloney, McLean etc... spewin that I can't see Morton though.

Does anyone know if there is an entry price for this game? If so how much? Also can you BYO beers and park round the oval like classic country and suburban footy.

Guest wheres_jacka
Does anyone know if there is an entry price for this game? If so how much? Also can you BYO beers and park round the oval like classic country and suburban footy.

For Cranbourne, men need a mullet & no teeth, and women simply require an overbite. They are the entry requirements.

And you can drink Jimmy cans, as long as your wearing a flanny, with a pack on Winny blues in the front pocket.

One of lifes great mysteries is "Why do bogan women have overbites?" Is it the bogan or the overbite that comes first? Like the chicken and egg mystery. Doug Hawkins missus is a classic.

For Cranbourne, men need a mullet & no teeth, and women simply require an overbite. They are the entry requirements.

And you can drink Jimmy cans, as long as your wearing a flanny, with a pack on Winny blues in the front pocket.

One of lifes great mysteries is "Why do bogan women have overbites?" Is it the bogan or the overbite that comes first? Like the chicken and egg mystery. Doug Hawkins missus is a classic.

Could one of you bogans out there with a sister or girlfriend with an overbite please explain what an overbite is.

Could one of you bogans out there with a sister or girlfriend with an overbite please explain what an overbite is.

Haydo, please find attached overbite jpeg

If still confused then go to youtube and view anything to do with the filth cheersquad and observe closely

If we can't win this weekend with a near full squad we we will be in real trouble this season.

There are only 4-5 players that are not playing who would normally get a game:

Bartram, Whelan/Wheatley, Rivers and Bruce.

Only Bruce is a real match winner.

I know its still a practise match and it will be 30 degrees but these guys are proffessional athletes with a thirst for winning. I think the writing is on the wall if we cant beet the Roos with a full squad.

If we can't win this weekend with a near full squad we we will be in real trouble this season.

There are only 4-5 players that are not playing who would normally get a game:

I know its still a practise match and it will be 30 degrees but these guys are proffessional athletes with a thirst for winning. I think the writing is on the wall if we cant beet the Roos with a full squad.

It should be a good game, with no guaratee of a win. We have no momentum yet but it looks like the footy dept has seen enough of our list & is now starting to form the side that will play Rnd 1. Just the right time IMO to start to get some form & confidance into the group prior to Rnd 1 kickoff.

Rivers is more a match winner than Bruce.

Our midfield holds up fine without Bruce, but our backline is quite frankly shite without Rivers.

or does anyone know if i could pick it up on a internet radio site?

Brisbane local here...

Dam it would be a great day to go to that stadium today :):wub: