Advisory panel #3 (alternative strip?)

DemonTux

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why don't we just play shirtless,?

just paint the players number on their backs. Maybe we will get more women fans too.

The best idea yet !!! lol :lol:

Typical cynical and negative response from you Tony. When was the last time you posted something positive about the club? Your continued negativity and cynicism towards the club has become boring and is unnecessary. Try supporting the club, rather then bagging it at even the smallest of opportunities.

How much have u put in at the MFC Brocky??? I have put in many hours directly as well as in other respects.

Very happy to put my input up against yours any time!

My criticiisms of the MFC Administration are when they are totally deserved. The Admin has constantly dropped the ball over the past 40 years. MFC supporters are entitled to be respected and their invlovement in the MFC needs to be encouraged and appreciated. There are signs the current MFC Admin. is falling back into the same bad old habits. For example not sending membership renewals, sending corrsepondence to wrong names or not responding to follow ups. Ooopps better not be too negative!! NOTE Brocky that's only during the past week!!!

How much have u put in at the MFC Brocky??? I have put in many hours directly as well as in other respects.

Very happy to put my input up against yours any time!

This isn't a 'mine's bigger then yours debate', but I have put in a lot of time at the MFC, something other posters around here could tell you.

For example not sending membership renewals, sending corrsepondence to wrong names or not responding to follow ups. Ooopps better not be too negative!! NOTE Brocky that's only during the past week!!!

So you expect them to get approx. 27,000 renewals exactly right and out on time? Getting that many renewals out on time is a huge undertaking. I doubt any AFL club, or any company would get that number of renewals all right on time.

However, my point was that your swipe at and cynical remarks about the Advisory Panel were unnecessary. What has the Advisory Panel done to you?

Who cares, we will wear this Jumper against Essendon, Carlton, Freo and Bulldogs and more than likely preseason. The club is trying something different embrace it instead off hating it from a picture, wait till you at least actually see one being worn.

Honestly the way some carry on you'd think it was the end of the world !! Its just a bloody jumper...worn sporadically.

Im very surprised the MFc hasnt taken a far more proactie effort with these over all. They can be a great marketing tool. And in a minor way a revenue stream. who cares if we have a different one each year..or each game for that matter ( clash that is ) . IT D O E S N " T MATTER !! ffs

im more concerned about what's under the hood rather than the colour of the duco !! ffs

Some of you must be the world's snappiest dressers the way ya all carrying on !!! lol :huh:

Given this is a forum where you lob in with your opinion here's mine:

It's a [censored] design and looks like it was knocked up in about 10 mins by a hack like me.

I have no problem with the third colour but there is no Melbourne in this strip.

We may as well maximise our 150 year exposure and have it worked into the yoke or something.

Thats pretty much the only thing I have agaisnt this jumper. If its not going to utilise a demon then it MUST incorporate the 150 somehow.. I cant beleive they havent. Still the MFC make some very strange decisions.

The jumper I dont mind...not rapt in..not fussed either

Interesting that we have pre-season polos and regular season polos this year - the pre-season ones are red (look like Essendons) and the normal ones are blue.

The red ones are shockers just quietly.

For me anything like that apparel wise has to be immidiately identifyble with the club. This clash jumper with silver doesn't do that, the red jumper with the demon, like the design at not, in concept it was at least blatantly obvious that it was an MFC jumper.

Anybody that's taken two minutes on marketing (and probably everyone that hasn't as well) will tell you that one of the most key ingridients to brand identification is having an obvious slogan/logo/jumper/whatever. People need to be able to see it and know straight away what it is, not have to ask questions.

When I see the red MFC polo it could be Melbourne, Adelaide, Essendon etc.

When I see this proposed clash jumper it could be anything, maybe not even AFL?

It's not about saying no to every proposed change, but it's about making change in the right way, that maintains the key components of the clubs image that has been in place since 1935 - that are easily identifyable with the Melbourne Footy Club brand.

We're always complaining about lacking exposure, yet we're shooting ourselves in the foot by taking away our own trademarks.

yes and no...the design still has red and blue and a sort of yolky thing down the bottom to attempt to make it recognisable...dont forget all of this change in logo and everything has been done for the reasons that you stated above

True, but the Demon was readily identifyable as being MFC - if we take the Demon off the logo and the jumper then all we have is the red v and the blue, nothing else, so the clash jumper has nothing to work with other than what our normal jumper is.

Every club has their "nickname" as a major part of their clash jumper or an alternate form of their colours. Very few add an extra colour.

I like the idea of a red jumper. I'd love to see a red jumper with a blue MFC logo, the old interlocked one - it's a reverse of the old training jumpers the players wore in the early 90s. It's a bit traditional, but it's clean and its classic Melbourne.

If we have an alternate colour to our mainly blue jumper then it has to be mainly red

yeah i like this whole idea hards in reverse

post-1842-1196313413_thumb.jpg (the one on the left)

however, it is very unlikely to happen because the club is trying to create the whole "one image"

thing....that is why i suggested this a while back

post-1842-1196313471_thumb.jpg

but it turns out that the club has chosen the whole "lets put another colour into it" or to correct myslef, reebok has thought of that and the club has agreed...i dont mind it too much but i can see why ppl dont like it

All official gear is boring and conservative.

The way to raise revenue from apparel sales is to create a diffusion line of sorts, or a 'supporter line' if you will.

The club needs to create apparel like tops, hoodies, caps etc... which people will actually want to wear, and not just to the MCG.

I'm talking fashionable garments, with different graphics but still keeping that red and blue theme and having something on each garment that present Melbourne.

Young supporters, who are the future of this club, will be more inclined to buy this sort of gear because it'll be versatile and they'll be able to wear it outside of football games. That means not only more sales, but more exposure. I don't know of any club who currently does this, and IMO it could be a real way of raising extra cash.

I've made a couple of examples really quickly.

One is a shirt/ t-shirt, the other a cap.

Would any of you guys actually wear this stuff? Because obviously nobody is going to wear that horrible red polo. Ugh!

P.S.- That shirt was NOT inspired by Ben Cousins ;)

couldnt agree with you more Jaded.. cant say the T is quite me.. but thats just a fuddy duddy speaking.. might go well of a ft young bod !! .. Cool hat though.

You re right on with the call of our stuff.. its mainly yucksville..

With some imagination as youve shown a line of apparel could be marketed as just that...apparel. In the same way any sporty type stuff is.. if its got a cool happenig motif and design ..peopel will wear it irriespective of its origins.

well done Jaded

any more designs ?

any more designs ?

Haha.

I knew a lot of people will look at it and go "what the hell". I personally think men's fashion is very boring, you don't have to indulge my rebellion against the usual silhouettes though.

I'm sure I can come up with some more 'boring' designs ;)

wasnt having a go at all..lol.. just curious if yo had any others.. that one just wasnt me.. which is more about me than you ..lol I dont mind seeing some out-there ideas and designs at all !! go for it