Travis to Brisbane

dazzledavey36

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Miller is the next to go, should have gone before Trapper.. i dont think he will because we lack big bodies, but, he i s abloke that will never win a game for us, and has probably lost more for us than even kept us in a game...

For the record I never wanted a new coach nor a clean out. I just dont see the justification in waving TJ bye bye for a sub standard 10 years when the club overall has had been nothing short of below average in 10 years. Where has the club been in 10 years? One grand final to get smashed? Getting rid of him will change nothing, another youngster wont make the difference between a premiership and finishing 3rd bottom. And since when did the AFL turn into Hollywood? Too much obsession with youth when its the oldies who know their [censored] and pull the crowds

Well then you just take a pill, sit down & relax & we'll do whats required to get this once great club back on it's feet. It started belatedly when we got danners moved on, will continue to grow this year & next.

all very interesting reading the sentiment about Trapper. I genuinely wish him well up there.

Now back to reality. Dont confuse ability with results. Travis would be right up there with the major underchievers of our illustious club. I say that with no malice what so ever. th eproblem is he was also one of the most talented by far. Just we seldom saw it. Like a Ferarri drivng to the shops...not a lot of point. Still a nice car though , if you get my point.

There are times you have to cut your losses ( or lack of gains) and cal lit a day. So this is the case with TJ. Any value he has is better realised in some other kid by trade. Its simple as that.

I cant help but feel TJ has been on DB's hit list from day one and fair enough . Hes the coach and he's summised that whatever TJ is its not what we need going forward and friends thats what we need to do....GO FORWARD , not mark time !!

Not particularly happy with continuing his pay...but over al happy enough with the trade.. Roll on )* !! :)

Brad Miller is the next to go, should have gone before Trapper.. i dont think he will because we lack big bodies, but, he i s abloke that will never win a game for us, and has probably lost more for us than even kept us in a game...

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/AFL-new...n-a-demon-37098

Cameron also told Sportal the Demons were determined to keep Miller, who had been touted as a future skipper before struggling in 2007 when he managed just 16 games for a total of 91 since debuting in 2002.

"There is no doubt at all (about Miller staying) and in fact we are close to signing him to a new deal," Cameron said.

Thanks Trapper for the memories..

Thanks to Bailey and CAC for making the tough call that needed to be made.

Pick 4, 14, 21 and Pick 3 in PSD Good Young blood should come in with our already long list of potential young stars also.

Pick 4, 14, 21 and Pick 3 in PSD Good Young blood should come in with our already long list of potential young stars also.

Agreed. It wouldn't have been easy for CAC, Bailey or anyone associated with the club or the decision. Fact is, they have made the right decision. I have been on here all day anxious about hearing something and when i go out, thats when its confirmed. Bailey will do wonders for melbourne. As for trav, well all the best mate. I really do hope u become an A grade player and would be extreamly happy for you if you win a brownlow at brisbane. Fact is, Mathews will be very strict on you but i do hope you have a good last 5 or so year of your career. No bad blood here and wont see me booing at you when we play you.

Just a thought, TJ delivering to Brown could get ugly for the opposition. :o

Very sorry to see you go Trapper, I have enjoyed watching you play very much and will enjoy watching you play for Brisbane. Hopefully this will give you the kickstart you require to finally reach your potential, I just wish it had been with us.

Watching Melbourne play will not be as enjoyable for a while, the same as when The Wiz left, until Aaron came along to take away a bit of the pain.

The pressure is on CAC to make his choice at 14 to be a gem, otherwise it is a waste getting rid of Travis.

Brown would have a smile on his face that would rival Luna Park.

No one will be surprised if TJ kills it for Brisbane next year, but the fact is he never will deliver for the red and blue.

10 years on the list for 3 appearences in the top 10 in B&F is rubbish.

We could talk about his potential for years, but this will be a good wake up call for the other players on the list that they need to deliver. Brave move, but will send a ripple through the rest of the playing group. Will be interesting to see how they respond.

10 years is enough time in my eyes, if he can't get consistent by now he never will be. Id rather a younger player like Nathan Jones running round in our midfield rather than a yo-yo in johnno. I think it was a great decision by the club. TJ is a second rate midfielder and he will have trouble getting in Brisbanes midfield. He must be pissing in his pants realising he will be coached by Leigh Matthews. It will definately be a shock to the system when you are used to Neale Daniher being your coach your whole career

Wow, Travis is no longers ours. It is sad to see him, go. His departure signals the start of the rebuilding process at the MFC.

Pick 14,mmmm, thought we could get more for Trapper than that. Bargain for the lions.

Pick 14 was the same pick we got for W##wodin, If i am not mistaken, and that pick landed us Daniel Bell.

Another Bell player would be handy, but a superstar would be better.

Congratulations to CAC, Bailey and Connolly for having the balls to do this trade. TJ for a first rounder is a great result.

I don't give a fat rat's clacker how TJ plays at Brisbane next year, that's directly related to the fact that he was traded.

They complain about Danihers coaching and him playing the same players over and over (ie. Ward Godfrey, Brown etc..)

Then when Dean Bailey gets appointed coach they ask for a cleanout of players so the club can have a fresh start

Now, Bailey is cleaning the joint out and they are crying like babies

No wonder MFC supporters are never taken seriously

Well said Yze_Magic. Some supporters are unfathomably fickle.

I couldn't have said it better myself Mousey. I loved watching Trapper - but alas not enough of it.

For my money, Bailey's motto must surely be ... "my way , or the highway'...

This is a Coach who clearly knows what he needs to succeed.

I like it already!

Awards Honours

Melbourne

Rising Star Nominee 1998

Equal Fourth Brownlow 2002

Best and Fairest 2005

Most Consistent Player 2005

AFL

Third Best and Fairest 2002

That sums it up for me.

No All Australian (pathetic considering his talent).

I defy anyone who would stick by their wife if she only put out 2 out of the 10 years.

[quote name='jacey' date='Oct 11 2007, 07:12 PM' post='113463]

Awards Honours

Melbourne

Rising Star Nominee 1998

Equal Fourth Brownlow 2002

Best and Fairest 2005

Most Consistent Player 2005

AFL

Third Best and Fairest 2002

That sums it up for me.

No All Australian (pathetic considering his talent).

I defy anyone who would stick by their wife if she only put out 2 out of the 10 years.

Pick 14,mmmm, thought we could get more for Trapper than that. Bargain for the lions.

Trav is 28. 5 years absolute max left in him. And he isnt a #1 pick. The way he has played he would illistrate to be a number 20 in my opinion. Yes he could have a stellor season next year....but all history shows otherwise. Pick 14 is not a steal for Brisbane and il delighted with the pick. Gives us an oportunity to get a KPP. My hope is Rance if he is round till then. But a midfielder or another ruckman would be good too.