• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Travis to Brisbane

dazzledavey36

Travis doesn't chase.

Travis doesn't tackle.

Travis doesn't set a good example for younger teammates.

Travis doesn't hit targets above the league average.

Travis doesn't make his opponent accountable.

Travis isn't accountable for his own opponent.

Travis doesn't buy into the team ethos.

Explain to me how the whole team does not fit into that expanation for the year. You could put everyone on ur bloody list's name there instead of Travis, the whole team are a bunch of under achievers pure and simple. Getting rid of one player will not change that especially one of his calibre.

And yes W sucked at Collingwood, does anyone maybe think his heart wasnt in it? Maybe cos the club he won a Brownlow for turfed him out on his ass. Its not all black and white people

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am soooo sick of hearing that we need to go through this phase.

DO YOU WANT YOUR TEAM TO EVEN BE AROUND WHEN THIS PHASE WILL BRING US A PREMIERSHIP!!!????

We are not Carlton, Hawthorn or Richmond. WE CANNOT AFFORD AS A CLUB TO LOOSE.

This year we built up some kids. However no one went to games, there very well may be less memberships bought next year because of this one, we cannot afford to re-build. This is pathetic. Our club will re-build a few years then we will be in talk of merging with the roos or dogs or being the team to go to Gold Coast or Tassie.

If our club isn't making money we are doomed. We need the fans to be behind the club 100%. Unfortunately, we have no chance of that happening, it's win or bust for the club.

We all talk [censored] about mediocrity and how we can't accept it, but we are willing to accept defeat for a few years in the hope we win in the future!!!???

Sport is about passion, pride, ruthless aggression, desire and most improtantly WINNING. Why play to win in future.... it's sad and is one of the reasons we are a lauging stock of the AFL. Brisbane didn't go through a phase to be looking the goods again, either did port and I don't think Fremantle will, they still have the football worlds respect, who respects Carlton, when they win it all in a few years id assume most will look back and go, cheats.

To think that any supporter wouldn't go in to every single year with premierships on their mind baffles me, hell look at Collingwood they didn't have phase. They got Pendles and Thomas from a [censored] year, but we got Brock and Sylvia a few years back. Our club will go under in a few years if we loose, we need membership up, attendance up and to do that we need to sustain sucess for as long as possible. Try for the flag every year.

I respect most of you on demonland but anyone who really wants to bow out for a few years to stock up on kids makes me so mad. You have been watching these guys for nearly 10 years and all your supposed loyal Melbourne heart can say is there, their career is not in our window so get rid of them. It's sick, it's pathetic and you are completely iggnorant to actually believe the MELBOURNE DEMONS can actually afford to not go for the big prize every single year.

Show some heart, show some loyalty and expect wins from your team for F**K' SAKE!!!

TJ was put up because the club wanted another first round pick. Besides the players 23yo and under he is the only player we would get this first round pick for. If we secure one of Palmer, Morton, Cotchin or Ebert with pick 4 we adding quality to our upcoming young midfield in Mclean, Sylvia, Moloney, Jones, Bate, Bartram in a few years our young midfield group will be the best in the competition.

Cotchin is out of bounds. I recon we get Palmer at 4 and hopefully the FB Rance will slip to 14...although i doubt it. I recon he will go top 10. We need to think about youth and players such as

Bartram, Pettard, Moloney, Jones, Bell, Davey, Sylvia, Dunn, Frawley, Bate, McLean, Newton and Rivers. Thats 13 players that have shown enough to be great players. Youth is the right way to go about our list

And in 10 years what have the players that have been around for that period acheived 1 GF apperance in 2000 and since then our teams performances has been like riding a roller coaster. We have made finals but never been a premiership threat, we are getting rid of one of these senior players, this will not effect our performance in 2008, but it might in 2010.

And in 10 years what have the players that have been around for that period acheived 1 GF apperance in 2000 and since then our teams performances has been like riding a roller coaster. We have made finals but never been a premiership threat, we are getting rid of one of these senior players, this will not effect our performance in 2008, but it might in 2010.

You could be dead by 2010. Could be dead by 2008. Life can be so short. I have never witnessed a premiership in my life and I would kill for it.

Im not that upset about tradding Travis. Just the [censored] mentallity of the fans. You obviously didn't understand the point of we cannot afford to loose, the club cannot.

I am not impressed with pick 14 for TJ and if the choice was up to me I wouldn't do it. But I quite like Sherman as a player and I think we should push for pick 14 and Sherman OR pick 8.

Pick 14 IMO is not enough. TJ is not only a very talented player himself, but he also takes a lot of attention (taggers) away from other players allowing them more freedom.

You could be dead by 2010. Could be dead by 2008. Life can be so short. I have never witnessed a premiership in my life and I would kill for it.

Im not that upset about tradding Travis. Just the [censored] mentallity of the fans. You obviously didn't understand the point of we cannot afford to loose, the club cannot.

Nobody WANTS to bottom out mate. I would be bitterly, bitterly disappointed with the club if they decided to go down the Carlton path and bomb entire seasons just to get draft picks.

The fact is we have a decent team, when everybody is fit, but alot of players are coming to the end of their time. To this end, we need to start getting some more youth into the club who can have a bit of time to develop, and then ultimately replace these senior players when they retire. We have probably been lucky enough to avoid the total rebuild that some clubs have been through; our sub-23 group is excellent.

Explain to me how the whole team does not fit into that expanation for the year. You could put everyone on ur bloody list's name there instead of Travis, the whole team are a bunch of under achievers pure and simple. Getting rid of one player will not change that especially one of his calibre.

And yes W sucked at Collingwood, does anyone maybe think his heart wasnt in it? Maybe cos the club he won a Brownlow for turfed him out on his ass. Its not all black and white people

Because no player on our list has as much natural talent on our list as TJ.

22 W's will always beat 22 TJ's.

TJ has done those things for 9/10ths of his career. The one year he did them, he was one of the best players in the game.

What a pity the penny never dropped.

No part of me understands how trading Trapper equals bottoming out. Crikey we won only five games this year. Travis played in four of those five. The last one that Carlton tanked and he was allowed to pick up 42 uncontested possessions and the other three where he averaged just under 17 possessions a game. Besides rd 22 his highest possession game was 25 (twice). Last year in 22 games he got 20 possessions or less 12 times. Hardly stellar figures from someone that is supposed to be an elite midfielder.

Nobody WANTS to bottom out mate. I would be bitterly, bitterly disappointed with the club if they decided to go down the Carlton path and bomb entire seasons just to get draft picks.

The fact is we have a decent team, when everybody is fit, but alot of players are coming to the end of their time. To this end, we need to start getting some more youth into the club who can have a bit of time to develop, and then ultimately replace these senior players when they retire. We have probably been lucky enough to avoid the total rebuild that some clubs have been through; our sub-23 group is excellent.

Look I am not someone who is [censored] off about the Travis trade. I am someone very [censored] off by alot of what has been written on here about this "phase".

I agree, our young guys imo are the best in the league and we still have key players like Bruce, Green Robbo, Carrol, Mcdonald, Wheatley, Yze, Neitz, Whelan.

I am not expecting and am hoping we are not going to re-build because it would be in a business sense, a terrible move.

As you said, the fact is we have a decent team. Everyone has said just cause Travis is talented doesn't mean he can be a winner for us. 100% agree.

But to think your team doesn't have a shot at it every year baffles me and really really pisses me off. I feel strongly we have a better team than the Roos and the Pies, prelims this year, anything can happen if you show some heart. That includes the fans, get along and show your heart and your team which is supposedly going through a phase can easily rise to the occasion and win enough games for finals. And then during finals it's all different, talent means nothing. Every team, always, always can win a premiership any year. Real fans live this much for their team. It may look like it, but we should not act as if our team, the demons, who I think of like my family as a business. They are a football club. Don't show up if you don't wanna win today. Ive been told that by every coach ive ever had. That mentalitty should never die. Maybe it is just me as someone who has played years and years of footy but winning now, and winning when people don't expect you too, is the greatest feeling of all. As a player and a fan.

Nar unfortuently most people around here are gamblers. Speculative picks are more of a priority than capable best and fairest winners and top 4 brownlow finishers.

Still wish for Jolly over Dunn?

Still wish for Woey over Bell?

You're a good man Powelly, but seriously, is TJ not more talented than ONE b+f and only a couple of top 10 finishes?

This deal is an absolute steal.

TJ not more talented than ONE b+f and only a couple of top 10 finishes?

TJ's had ten years to get his game into gear and become elite. He hasn't.

Pick 14 is not great but fair.

If he goes gangbusters, good luck to him.

Melbourne need members. For that you often need a bit of flash like a Franklin, brown, abllet to get supporters to turn up each week. We have Davey as that role but unfortunately he pales in comparison to many of those other names. Simply I am saying that we need a face, someone who is special. Other then Davey that was Johnstone. A few years ago against Adelaide he kicked 4 in one of the great finals. And when he is on there is no better sight in the Dees jumper. So that is a big lose regardless of if he is terrible around the club.

So it’s looking like a more lifeless, mediocre Melbourne next year unless Sylvia and Davey can have good years. Problem is we need membership now more then ever so lets hope they trade someone exciting in the club. Or use that pick 14 and get the next selwood. One can dream…

Melbourne need members. For that you often need a bit of flash like a Franklin, brown, abllet to get supporters to turn up each week. We have Davey as that role but unfortunately he pales in comparison to many of those other names. Simply I am saying that we need a face, someone who is special. Other then Davey that was Johnstone. A few years ago against Adelaide he kicked 4 in one of the great finals. And when he is on there is no better sight in the Dees jumper. So that is a big lose regardless of if he is terrible around the club.

So it’s looking like a more lifeless, mediocre Melbourne next year unless Sylvia and Davey can have good years. Problem is we need membership now more then ever so lets hope they trade someone exciting in the club. Or use that pick 14 and get the next selwood. One can dream…

Travis is not the reason supporters turn up each week. He is one of the most frustrating players we have (although probably the most gifted).

Guys like Robbo and Newton and Davey are reasons people want to see Melbourne. Not lazy 28 year olds with immense talent but little application for most of the time.

For all the games where TJ has turned it on, there are dozens of poor ones.

And with the 14th pick the Melbourne Football Club selects ......

A young kid who is hungry to play AFL, has a dip and doesnt cruise along doing stuff all on $400,000 a year

BRING IT ON!!! GO DEMONS

And with the 14th pick the Melbourne Football Club selects ......

A young kid who is hungry to play AFL, has a dip and doesnt cruise along doing stuff all on $400,000 a year

BRING IT ON!!! GO DEMONS

But Travis Johnstone for a kid?

Doesn't make sense. I'd wait to see if any other clubs want him for a 22-25 year old player.

Simply put TJ has more football ability at the MFC than any other player at this point in time. No other club is offering their most talented player up for trade!

What TJ didn't do is consistently deliver to his potential and that was a combination of injuries and attitude. Whilst TJ must take responsibility for his actions (or lack thereof) in not committing to a fitness regime that could have lifted him to elite status some blame must be attributable to the coaches and in particular Daniher who clearly couldn't get the best out of him. Obviously Bailey felt he was a project not worth pursuing.

In my humble view Leigh Matthews is the best coach in the AFL and one of the best of all time. Mark my words! Barring injuries TJ will have a ripper year next year and we will be left wondering why the hell he didn't do it at the MFC! This trade is a BIG mistake!

By god Bailiey - I hope you bloody well know what you are doing!

A top 15 pick for a 28 yr old with 3 years left (approx) is a good deal.

If you can't see that then you really enjoyed Travis playing his 5 excellent games a year, although you must not have been to the rest where he was awful.

Rose coloured glasses are fine during the season but only pragmatists will survive trade week.

Prem, think on this: we are years from a flag and TRavis is a lazy boy. WE do not have a champion and may not get one. Therefore our route to flagland is to be like Syndey: a tough and uncompromising group. Travis does not fit with this and has never shown that he can consistently play the team line.

It may not reflect true value to us, but he needs to go.