Am I the only person in Victoria who believes this?

Oxxx

There is ONLY 1 Victorian team that I want to see win an AFL premiership, and that is the MFC. As soon as we are eliminated every year, I don't give a stuff who wins it. Send it as far away as you want, I don't really care. This is a survival of the fittest and any Victorian club who wins a flag comes under further competition with us as a club, and therefore increases the chances of poaching potential supporters/members, sponsors, etc. Does anybody really think that Adelaide supporters will be barracking for Port, just so the cup can go back to SA? Of course not.

Geelong hasn't won a premiership for 40+ years and I hope that it stays that way. One bragging right that we have over them is that they have a longer drought for premiership gold than us, and if they win on Saturday then that's 1 aspect that they will gain against us.

The only time that I can honestly remember barracking for a Victorian team over an Interstate team was when Adelaide made the GF in 97/98, and that's because their supporter base is the most disgusting breed of animal on the planet and because of they way that they got there in '98.

I am sick & tired of people getting behind fellow Victorian teams, and I equally hate it when other supporters get behind us when we're in the finals. The most successful clubs are those that are hated and nobody wants to see succeed, and for us to succeed as a club in the long-term we need to become this and need to have supporters with a similar mentality.

Well i'll be barracking ..and betting on Port... Cant stand the Cats.. ..

I concur with your view that the requirement to barrack for any other Vic team be automatic is plainly wrong.

I also only want one particular Victorian team to do well :)

I agree with everything said. If i am feeling the pain of a 40+ year premiership drought, then so can Geelong for all i care.

Also, there is this turkey named "Brad from Eltham", who has been crowing about the Cats all year on SEN, and taking much delight in how bad the Demons were going. So just to hear him have to choke on his own verbal diahorea would be a small GF victory for me.

We've got the power to win...can't get the bloody song out of my head.

Said it before and I'll say it again - I can't stand Geelong and especially Mark Thompson. Say whatever you will about the pies, tigers and blues but they stick with their teams through thick and thin. Geelong supporters drop off quicker than anything when their team struggles and this year they are all coming out of the woodwork. God, they are even worse than........us!

GO POWER!!!!!!!!

You guys are a worry. How could you support that Port scum?

Geelong is a decent team from a working class town that will get a huge boost from this

Give them their due - it is their turn. Ours will come.

We should have some sympathy for teams with similar issues to ours. I'm sure we would appreciate the same from them.

All entitled to our own opinions Jim - I guess it depends on the people you know who support Geelong. I have never had so many phone calls in a week as I have this year from people wanting my tickets - we are AFL members and are lucky enough to have GF tickets. I could make a tidy profit but the whole point of us paying for our membership is so we have more of a chance to secure tickets to the Grand Final. These Geelong "supporters" don't by any form of membership yet they think it is their devine right to get tickets. Half the ones I know haven't been to a game in years until the later half of this season.

I'll keep on saying it - GO POWER!!!!!

Screw Port, especially Warren Tredrea (take another bow you tool). The town of Geelong needs a lift, they've gone through a lot over the years - from footy failings to the Pyramid collapse, and they've been by far the best team all year. Carn cats.

i agree with u

stuff this whole victorian club crap

we wont have any braggin writes over geelong if they win apart from "we might possibly be in with a slight chance of getting judd" and "we have won 12 primierships...even though i wasnt alive to see any of them"

Screw Port, especially Warren Tredrea (take another bow you tool). The town of Geelong needs a lift, they've gone through a lot over the years - from footy failings to the Pyramid collapse, and they've been by far the best team all year. Carn cats.

Brett Spinks?

are u geelongs councelor? cry me a river...

i want shattered dreams

go power

I didn't realise how much i disliked Geelong till they played The Filth and i started barracking for the black and white which i have never done in my whole life. Geelong have always shitted me how they always get a home game at there [censored] box of a ground against us. I can't even bring myself to watch us play there, Its like playing an interstate game and it gives them advantage and is unfair for us as supporters.

I hope Geelong get a football lesson on Saturday, they only just beat the filth and the Power play alot better brand of football than them. I'd rather see An interstate side take the cup than have another victorian team rub salt into our wounds. Atleast it wont be in the Herals Sun for two weeks if Port win

You guys are a worry. How could you support that Port scum?

Geelong is a decent team from a working class town that will get a huge boost from this

Give them their due - it is their turn. Ours will come.

We should have some sympathy for teams with similar issues to ours. I'm sure we would appreciate the same from them.

here here ,exactly !!

this anti other vic teams thing should only apply to collingwood (due to making their own rules with ,afl, because of size of their support) and toothless ones at that...

as for the original poster..

what does that mean when the VICS play, SA & WA..(if there are no mfc players ), (BARRACK FOR ADELAIDE LOWLIFES WHO carry kick a VIC signs ???)

and then barrack for the irish sooks ??

Geelong have always shitted me how they always get a home game at there [censored] box of a ground against us. I can't even bring myself to watch us play there, Its like playing an interstate game and it gives them advantage and is unfair for us as supporters.
They get a home ground advantage at their home ground? How terrible! :P

They get a home ground advantage at their home ground? How terrible! :P

I believe all the Melbourne teams games should be played out of TD and MCG. Geelong play more than one game there a year remember and it gives them a bit of an edge over other Melbourne teams. The results are always usually in the way of Geelong when they play there. We don't play footy at Moorabin, Windy Hill, Optus Oval, or Western Oval, so why should they still get to play at Geelong

There is ONLY 1 Victorian team that I want to see win an AFL premiership, and that is the MFC. As soon as we are eliminated every year, I don't give a stuff who wins it. Send it as far away as you want, I don't really care. This is a survival of the fittest and any Victorian club who wins a flag comes under further competition with us as a club, and therefore increases the chances of poaching potential supporters/members, sponsors, etc. Does anybody really think that Adelaide supporters will be barracking for Port, just so the cup can go back to SA? Of course not.

Geelong hasn't won a premiership for 40+ years and I hope that it stays that way. One bragging right that we have over them is that they have a longer drought for premiership gold than us, and if they win on Saturday then that's 1 aspect that they will gain against us.

The only time that I can honestly remember barracking for a Victorian team over an Interstate team was when Adelaide made the GF in 97/98, and that's because their supporter base is the most disgusting breed of animal on the planet and because of they way that they got there in '98.

I am sick & tired of people getting behind fellow Victorian teams, and I equally hate it when other supporters get behind us when we're in the finals. The most successful clubs are those that are hated and nobody wants to see succeed, and for us to succeed as a club in the long-term we need to become this and need to have supporters with a similar mentality.

I know where you are coming from..I think the last time I suppoorted a Vic team against an interstate side in a GF was for the Roos against the Crows in 98