• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Comings and Goings.

grazman

IMHO we should delist:

Jamar - he is dreadful. Even struggling to get hit outs against average ruckman.

Ward - he is 30 and had his time. Will miss his pace but not his turnovers.

CJ - Looked good last night in the "who cares" cup but has had opportunities and is just not up to AFL standard.

Holland - Good honest tryer but the game has passed him. It is too quick for his style.

That will leave 7 spots available (or 6 after Bodes promotion).

I would do one trade pre season with Bate and as he has good currency we should be pushing for a second round pick. Bate worries me because he is soft and is the first to go missing in high pressure games. Miller is a better option and you can see he is starting to gain confidence both in terms of kicking and marking. He just needs close mentoring from a good coach.

As for the others mentioned for delistings or trade:

Godfrey - was one of our better performers in the first half of the year and this seems to be forgotten. Is still our most effective tagger.

Robbo - yeah our leading goalkicker who has been on one leg most of the year in the lowest scoring team in the AFL. Good strategy?

Bruce - had an interrupted year with injury which makes achieving form and fitness difficult. He is a class player and should be kept.

TJ - A new coach that is tough and ruthless is what he needs. Not sure if Bailey is that but he needs to hang around to be given every oppotunity to move up to the A grade which we all know he is capable of doing.

Fergo - Good honest tryer who is a good back up during times of injury. Not sure if Warnock is going to step up so worth keeping for one more year.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would do one trade pre season with Bate and as he has good currency we should be pushing for a second round pick. Bate worries me because he is soft and is the first to go missing in high pressure games. Miller is a better option and you can see he is starting to gain confidence both in terms of kicking and marking. He just needs close mentoring from a good coach.

welcome to demonland brad, i didnt realise you posted here...

we darfted bate with a first round pick. he is now a few years older and has shown potential. why on earth would we trade him for less than we bought him for? thats ridiculous.

miller gained confidence this week only. i have no problems with keeping him, but he goes well well before bate. he has played 85 games for chrissake and still doesnt know what to do when he gets it.

I thought it was common knowledge that Rivers plays best as a 'third' defender?

We still need a CHB.

Don't really know that. Whenever he has been in the team there is often another defender taking the CHB role, be it Holland, Miller, Bizzel.

Rivers hasn't really been there to often. But when he has its when weve needed him and he has beaten his opponent. Im hoping Frawley will fill the CHB role so Rivers can play free man.

No need to get rid of such quality in TJ for something which im hoping is already on the way to being fixed.

Gouga,

Given St Kilda have Gardiner to get back next year I am not sure they want White. I would have thought TJ would have been better suited to St Kilda. With the Clarkes and Fiora, I am not sure Bruce fits in there line.

Will Port want a ruckman that kicks backwards? Dunno know.

Is CJ being traded under the family repatriation scheme as I am not sure that he offers WCE anything. I would give Sampi a very wide berth. His mind and attitdue is apparently a long way from football. He will be cut by WCE so he is PSD material.

Gardiner is not a solid prospect. I think you know that but it is easier to be critical than constructive. I also don't understand your comment about TJ suiting St.Kilda? Are you saying he is a reciever and belongs in a team of recievers? Why would Bruce not fit in? Do you just say things or do you have reasons?

As for your Jamar point I'm sure the Port match committee will reject this deal based on the one time he kicked backwards. (I kicked backwards once, ended my career as well). A more logical thought is Jamar is a big bodied ruckman who can take a mark. Just because we didn't get the best out of him does not mean another side can't. Lade only has another year and Brogan injury concerns.

As for the CJ deal the fact that he is from WA does not mean much to me either. Both players are similar in age and have failed to cut the mustard. CJ is quick and has good skills. He might benefit from a 'tougher' team as he is more of a reciever than anything. Subi would also suit his style.

Gardiner is not a solid prospect.

Disagree HUGE.

Anyone who saw him before the foot injury this year said he was ready for massive season, returning to the form he originally had at the Eagles. The Saints will bounce back next year, purely, because he is in the team. Lets not forget if he didn't misbehave so much he was ahead of Dean Cox. Terrific, terrific player.

Don't really know that. Whenever he has been in the team there is often another defender taking the CHB role, be it Holland, Miller, Bizzel.

Rivers hasn't really been there to often. But when he has its when weve needed him and he has beaten his opponent. Im hoping Frawley will fill the CHB role so Rivers can play free man.

No need to get rid of such quality in TJ for something which im hoping is already on the way to being fixed.

I also have high hopes for Frawley but see him as a full back type replacing Carroll over the next few years.

TJ is quality but does not deliver consistently enough. One top 5 finish in the B&F in 10 years is probably not enough for a number 1 pick.

Disagree HUGE.

Anyone who saw him before the foot injury this year said he was ready for massive season, returning to the form he originally had at the Eagles. The Saints will bounce back next year, purely, because he is in the team. Lets not forget if he didn't misbehave so much he was ahead of Dean Cox. Terrific, terrific player.

We'll see. If he can stay injury free than yes could be a winner.

St.Kilda still needs to replace Matthew Clarke, that is why I think they will be interested in White.

I also have high hopes for Frawley but see him as a full back type replacing Carroll over the next few years.

TJ is quality but does not deliver consistently enough. One top 5 finish in the B&F in 10 years is probably not enough for a number 1 pick.

You say that like Carrol is an old man. Johnstone is worth keeping purely knowing what he can do. I remember the year he finished top 10 in the brownlow. If he could string that together again he is one of the best in the competition. We would be embarressed if we traded him, he is 26 and next season should be the best we will see from him, a new coach will spark him with a firm kick in the arse.

why is anyone going to trade 'for' White.. he has no currency. There is no value going forward for any other club to pick him up. We're stuck with him guys . He will again put in a typical White year in 2008 and hopefully another will take over the 31 rucking role during year.

I think CJ will be different under a 'no [censored]' coach that and its just take s some guys a season or two to get going and settle. CJ has shown the signs...just not the consistency. He's ok..wel lfor another look see season at any rate.

Can we please now get rid of Frosty...please...please..

I think our options re trade week will bve driven mainly from who else is going to be out there and what deals might be had.

I reckon Bailey's idea of a blueprint for a successful team is going to be quite different from Neales, and he has shown he can rejig and reshape teams. I sense a few newsih type roles for a few current Dees to be backed up with some new gusto in a at least 2 KP's. Dean wil know that sdespite some ability to be had from draft and trade we can only do possibly half the 'real' job in the coming months. The real change to be had at the end of next year.

I think far too little is remebererd of some of the good talent ( established and coming through ) that we have still to come back form injury. This in itself has its own problem as I unfortuynately think a couple of our gems will NEVER reach potential because of niggles and possibly THEY ought to be ther real 'bait' come trade week. Some will see it as disloyal etc..I couldnt give a fig. I wont a fit team with minimum injuies that can play at their highest potential all year; not another year of ''Oh if only!!"

Any talk of well its everyone bar Neeta ..etc is hilarious.. like who would take him anyway..and he'd retire on the spot at any whiff.. its a redundant notion.

Essentially any one who has any currency who may not be teh 'best' fit for the new-Demons is up for grabs..and that includes ..Everyone. Before yo can idly dismiss anyting out of hand you need to know what the "DEAL" is on offer and then consider it on its merits..not its emotion!!

We're really not that far from a very good team.. ( when fit)

Im quite happy to look at any deals..whether they are for Bruce, Yze, Brocky..Beamer..Greeny etc.. I'd look....doesnt mean Id take.. but who knows what might come out of trade week ..you have to be open..otherwise you get NOTHING !!

welcome to demonland brad, i didnt realise you posted here...

we darfted bate with a first round pick. he is now a few years older and has shown potential. why on earth would we trade him for less than we bought him for? thats ridiculous.

miller gained confidence this week only. i have no problems with keeping him, but he goes well well before bate. he has played 85 games for chrissake and still doesnt know what to do when he gets it.

Bate is not worth a first trade pick - our mistake we move on! So let's get a round 2 pick. I take it you think that aside from Bate having the big "P" word that he is or will be one to stand up in tough physical matches and will not simply be a 192cm outside player. If this eventuates then I'II happily stand corrected. But it ain't gonna happen and in a team that desperately needs to be tougher at the contest and have some big bodies imposing themselves on a game Miller is clearly a better option and I don't think there is room for both of them in the team!

Johnstone is worth keeping purely knowing what he can do.

I am not interested in what you CAN do...just in what you DO do !! Potential is wonderful, does nothing to the scoreboard just drains the walletand takes up space on the fileld.

Dont want a team of couldabeens!!

Gee, is that true? That is an exceptionally disappointing return by TJ.

I love TJ, bc he can do on the footy field what most can't. I can't help thinking he would be a Brownlow medalist in a great and tough side. Since we are not that, and won't be that in the near future, he may well be the best player currency wise to trade. But the thing is, the price would have to be right. Either a great big ruckman or a CHB type.

Gee, is that true? That is an exceptionally disappointing return by TJ.

I love TJ, bc he can do on the footy field what most can't. I can't help thinking he would be a Brownlow medalist in a great and tough side. Since we are not that, and won't be that in the near future, he may well be the best player currency wise to trade. But the thing is, the price would have to be right. Either a great big ruckman or a CHB type.

Kinda like Carlile, Chaplin or Pettigrew?

We can't go into next season with the same ruck stocks. White will probably be playing his last season, and Jamar and Johnson aren't up to it.

Exactually, and everyone wants to trade Jamar & Johnson...so my comment stands, is everyone trying to leave us without a backup ruckman??????????? Well Rhino????

I don't agree with the trade for Wood, as Johnson is not of "Ruckman Age"

Listening to Bailey this afternoon, I have a feeling he'd enjoy working with our young kids, in particular those who haven't quite made it in the system yet.

He is primarily a teaching coach, something that IMO we've really lacked over the years. We have plenty of good youngsters who show promise and yet fail to take the next step. I'm hoping that Bailey can take the likes of CJ, Miller and yes maybe even Jamar (painfully terrible!) and turn them into good solid players.

I much rather get rid of older players with no promise (e.g.- Ferguson), and keep a kid who has struggled but has nice attributes (e.g.- Warnock).

Hopefully Bailey agrees.

Exactually, and everyone wants to trade Jamar & Johnson...so my comment stands, is everyone trying to leave us without a backup ruckman??????????? Well Rhino????

I don't agree with the trade for Wood, as Johnson is not of "Ruckman Age"

Azzika,

From what I have read people are looking to trade Jamar or Travis Johnston or Chris Johnson..

Who has wanted to trade PJ? Everyone?????? :wacko:

Bate is not worth a first trade pick - our mistake we move on! So let's get a round 2 pick. I take it you think that aside from Bate having the big "P" word that he is or will be one to stand up in tough physical matches and will not simply be a 192cm outside player. If this eventuates then I'll happily stand corrected. But it ain't gonna happen and in a team that desperately needs to be tougher at the contest and have some big bodies imposing themselves on a game Miller is clearly a better option and I don't think there is room for both of them in the team!

Anyone who wants to trade Bate for a 2nd round pick now is nuts. Especially one who thinks Miller is a better option.

WTF WOULD U TRADE BATE!! the kid is only 20 years old and people are calling him for trade? what has he done wrong? the kid has been playing one of the hardest positions in the afl and that CHF. has kicked 19 goals and would have kicked more if he didn't miss this games. had a vice like grip. can kick a long footy, has speed, is very versitile and can run allll day. kids like him dont grow on trees. and he is NOT soft. now that he is getting experience games into him i cant wait for a bigger more mature Matthew Bate. the kid will rise great ranks.

ps: pello is brad miller ;);)

WTF WOULD U TRADE BATE!! the kid is only 20 years old and people are calling him for trade? what has he done wrong? the kid has been playing one of the hardest positions in the afl and that CHF. has kicked 19 goals and would have kicked more if he didn't miss this games. had a vice like grip. can kick a long footy, has speed, is very versitile and can run allll day. kids like him dont grow on trees. and he is NOT soft. now that he is getting experience games into him i cant wait for a bigger more mature Matthew Bate. the kid will rise great ranks.

ps: pello is brad miller ;);)

All actually confirmed comings and goings will be pinned on our official HATCH MATCH AND DISPATCH thread above.