• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sandringham v Box Hill Hawks

gOLLy

Sandy reserves hung on to win fairly comfortably by 21 pts final scores Sandringham 14.20.104 Box Hill Hawks 12.11.83. Weetra, Hayes and Neville all played.

Sandringham 4.5 10.8 12.12 14.20 (104)

Box Hill Hawks 3.6 6.7 9.10 12.11 (83)

GOALS:

Sandringham: Johnston 5 Gribbin 2 Gileno 2 Turcarelli Martyn Hayes Zarra Gilchrist

Box Hill Hawks: Conyers 3 Cook 3 Hill 2 Daniher Collins Marcius King

BEST:

Sandringham: Monaghan Hayes Martyn Johnston Gilchrist Tregear

Box Hill Hawks: O'Sullivan Marcius Augustin Weinert King Conyers

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Sandringham: Nil

Box Hill Hawks: Nil

thats three weeks in a row Daniel Hayes has been in the best and practically BOG. whats everyones thoughts?

whats everyones thoughts?

That he better get his [censored] together and start repaying us the favour.

If he isn't getting a game in the seniors by the end of the year, I suggest he'll be on very shakey ground.

That he better get his [censored] together and start repaying us the favour.

If he isn't getting a game in the seniors by the end of the year, I suggest he'll be on very shakey ground.

Stupid comment.

Looks to me like he's trying to "get his [censored] together."

3 BOG's in a row where he is TOLD to play, he can't do much more than that. But hey, stick the boots in anyway...

2007 TRUenergy VFL Seniors

Sandringham 2.2 6.9 7.14 8.20 (68)

Box Hill Hawks 8.4 11.5 12.8 12.11 (83)

GOALS:

Sandringham: Newton 3 Sautner 3 Pickett 2

Box Hill Hawks: Thorp 4 Little 2 McEntee Gibson Marguccio Tuck Breese Moss

BEST:

Sandringham: Warnock Pickett Whelan Summers Crowe Garland

Box Hill Hawks: Kennedy Renouf Thorp Breese Thurgood Smith

REPORTED PLAYERS:

Sandringham: Jace Bode for misconduct (kneeing) G. Moss from Box Hill in the first quarter.

Box Hill Hawks: Nil

Stupid comment.

Looks to me like he's trying to "get his [censored] together."

3 BOG's in a row where he is TOLD to play, he can't do much more than that. But hey, stick the boots in anyway...

Not sticking the boot in at all. Just stating the facts.

He is, from all reports, a very talented kid who needs to get his head right in order to make it.

I hope he does for his sake and for the club's sake.

And 3 BOGs at Sandy reserves is hardly anything to get excited about. He made it onto an AFL list, so you'd very much hope he can perform at that basic level. But as you say, he can only play where he is given a game. Surely though, if he keeps performing, they will promote him.

Edit: Juice kicking 3 out of 8 goals is a pretty good effort. But we are keeping a lid on him! :P

GOALS:

Sandringham: Johnston 5 Gribbin 2 Gileno 2 Turcarelli Martyn Hayes Zarra Gilchrist

Box Hill Hawks: Conyers 3 Cook 3 Hill 2 Daniher Collins Marcius King

BEST:

Sandringham: Monaghan Hayes Martyn Johnston Gilchrist Tregear

Box Hill Hawks: O'Sullivan Marcius Augustin Weinert King Conyers

Just what we need, another Johnstone/Johnson/Johnston to figure out on the stat sheets.

Good news about Hayes, is anyone going to write up a report on the demon players nad how they fared in Sandy & Sandy reserves?

What a wet and miserable game... I went to the scoring end of every quarter just to focus on Newton and Miller. I thought Miller had a shocker, he handballs way to much and even then he can't execute those properly. Newton's game was ok, nothing great but it was ok. Buckley's disposal is really questionable, especially by hand. Jace Bode, he will be delisted by years end, not much lost there, only a rookie. Garland was good from what I could see even though I wasn't looking down that end much. Wheels done some good things, but dropped a sitter of a mark in the 3rd which was a bit worrying. Dunn, just went today, done a couple of good things.

Pickett, now this was the shining light of the day. He usually looks a little disinterested in the VFL but his harness and the attack on the ball was top class, he must get a recall next week!

Just what we need, another Johnstone/Johnson/Johnston to figure out on the stat sheets.

Good news about Hayes, is anyone going to write up a report on the demon players nad how they fared in Sandy & Sandy reserves?

Both those Johnston's are Tomi - son of the Dominator - who is a Sandringham listed player.

Hayes really impressed me in the reserves with his endeavor - really worked hard on forward line pressure and his skills were better than last week. He was probably the only Demon to impress in the Reserves.

The seniors was a strange one - Sandringham incredibly wasteful, but Box Hill were in front by 38 points at quarter time. Sandy seemed lazy through the midfield during the early part of the game...

Edit: Juice kicking 3 out of 8 goals is a pretty good effort. But we are keeping a lid on him! :P

Is it an ND "secret plan" - bulk up, thin down, run-n-carry, and the Newton secret plan. What can we see that they have in common????

By the way - Sandy pretty ordinary looking in the second half, which is all I saw. Didn't play "wet weather footy" at all - tried to finesse and stuffed it up badly. Missed vital set shots early in Q4.

No stand outs for promotion; for those who were worried by Miller's form last week, relax (unless ND has yet another secret plan) - an absolute shocker today. -maybe one kick?

Newton >> Dunn on today's form - if the ?Neitz injury rumour turns out true, could this be Juice's opportunity v Toiges. One near speccie in the last.

thanx for the reports guyz.

it is vital that we develop a really quick forward pocket crumber now that davey is moving more onto the wing.

it would be great if Hayes could fulfill that. i hope he does...

Newton has just been so good the last 5 weeks for sandy. he is consistently kicking goals at this level, there is no reason why he cant do that at afl level if given a go. seeing as we dont have that many players who can kick goals consistently at senior level (only Neitz 32yrs old, Robbo 29yrsold really...hopefully Bate and Sylvia will develop this in the future), it is in our interests to get this guy into the senior afl team.

i dont think daniher will play him until we mathematically cant make the finals. the next match we lose, i predict he will be included.

if he can play 8 games in the 2nd half of the year it will leave him in good stead to make an impact next season. If we dont play him regularly this second half of the year, then next season he will need to gain experience, meaning a year of potential devlopment wasted.

i also hope Miller stays out of the team while Bate is performing.

Whelan is in our top 10 players, he should definitely play next week. As should Pickett. its probably his last season and he definitely adds to our team, so y not play him.

dunn should come back into the team soon, perhaps he will only cement his spot after we mathematically cant make finals

This game was a terrible result for the Zebras, they were blown out of the water by the spirit of the Hawks in the first stanza, which was

helped greatly by some atrocious officiating. It cost the home team 4 or 5 goals in the first quarter, and by then the game was effectively

over, even though the Hawks kicked with the very strong wind to the social club end. The last quarter was dominated by Sandy, but they

continually kicked points, really they could've won this game in the end.

Juice Newton-started the game on the bench, looked lively once he came on, tackling and chasing was superb. Still, his continual

frivolous attempts at hangars, especially in the conditions today, were disappointing

Chris Johnson - Did what appeared to be a left hamstring late in the first quarter, had started OK before that on a HBF. Played no

further part.

Byron Pickett - His best display during his suspension, kicked a mammoth goal on the run in the 2nd quarter, occasionally his

disposal let him down, but the weather meant everyone on the ground was in the same boat. If he doesnt come straight back into

the demons side I'd be surprised

Matthew Whelan-Started slowly, but got better and was pushing further and further up the ground the more the game went on, will

be considered for a return to the Dees.

Brad Miller-Probably had 2 posessions in the first half, it was only in the last 2 quarters that he started to hit up his long leads and

began giving off his trademark slow dish handpasses to teammates, tryed his guts out in the last quarter but conditions made him

look slow and awkward.

Matthew Warnock - The pick of the tall defenders for his assured handling of the pill, his balance and composure stood out amongst

an afternoon of dropped marks and fumbles. Sandringhams best melbourne listed player easily.

Colin Garland-This kid will be an AFL player, he's beautifully balanced and looks to have all the skills and size to make it. its just a matter

of where his best position is, will probably play out the year at Sandy but look for him to play 16 games next year in the red and blue.

Lynden Dunne-Another who was affected by the conditions, the Zebras forward line was just too top heavy today. Spent a fair bit on the

pine and made plenty of skill errors by foot, showing a repeated lack of good judgement.

Simon Buckley- Didnt have heaps of the ball, he is and only ever will be an outside player, but does look to have good decision making.

Tends to go missing for too long in games, but looks good when he has the ball nonetheless.

Encouraged by feedback received on Newton, Pickett, Whelan and Garland.

Look at the Hawks though - Buddy, Roughead and Thorp will soon be playing seniors. They are going to be hard to stop up forward for years to come.

Saw the game from the second quarter onwards....

After quarter time and especially half time, Sandy had so much of the ball but overused it badly. When they had a strong wind in the last and Sutner and Newton up forward why did they get cute with the short kicks and the meaningless handballs. Too many players were chasing stats today. Many of the AFL Demons in the team were equally at fault. 28 scoring shots to 23 shots. Sandy should have won with the amount of ball they had.

Generally, I thought most of the MFC players just went today and did not progress their claims on todays form for AFL selection. My take on the AFL senior players:

Pickett - Offered a real spark in the second quarter but ran out of steam in the last quarter. Still query level of fitness and condition for AFL. Cameos are not enough.

Whelan - Serviceable without being outstanding. Still made some skill errors which have prevalent during his mediocre 2007. I am concerned whether he is best 22 atm when fit.

Newton- As normal did some serviceable but did not apply it consistently and faded in and out of the game. Hope he learns something about wet weather football. Defintely has the skill to make if he can bridge that issue of consistency and application.

Miller- Struggled with usual brain fades. Inconsequential today.

Dunn - Expected him to be a class player in this level but lapsed in and out of the game with a fair number of skill and decision making errors.

Garland - Raw but I think has the potential to come on. Solid and active. Worthy performance in the wet. I would expect he is still someway off selection at this point. Gave a good account of himself.

Warnock - Got a fair bit of the ball especially under pressure but some of his disposal suffered under the conditions.

Buckley - Just went today and did not put his hand up for selection.

For Box Hill Hawks, I was very impressed with Muston. I understand he is coming back from serious injury but if he had an Sandy jumper on I would be really enthused about him.

Juice Newton-started the game on the bench, looked lively once he came on, tackling and chasing was superb. Still, his continual

frivolous attempts at hangars, especially in the conditions today, were disappointing

Started the game on the bench!?!! Is this true!?!

He's been as good as any of the other forwards for Sandy over the last 4 games and they start him on the friggen bench?!!

FFS, this has to effect people's opinion's on whether we should go it alone for reserves, especially now that the AFL will make it cheaper. He should be learning the trade by playing alongside our best key forward, David Neitz, not by getting splinters for Sandy.