The Magpie Maggot

Old Man Rivers

I sat behind the classical Collingwood maggot today.

Abusive @ our players for 3 quarters then decided @ 3/4 time he would turn around & have a crack @ me.

I had made zero contact with him all game but decided to swivel his head & tell me how weak Neitz was &

how if Melbourne played like this every week any wonder they where sitting on the bottom.

I took a deep breath & asked him exactly what it was he didn't like about our style of play?

He replied nothing specific, we just just play like a bunch of girls & we are about to be torn apart in the last 1/4.

He had his approx 17 year old son next to him roaring with laughter as his daddy launched an unprovoked verbal sledge.

@ that point I took aim

Pointed out that our skipper was on one leg & about to return to the action & reminded him his skipper had failed to get onto the ground in 2007.

I then pointed out the point that we where actually still leading the game which must speak volumes for The Pies being beaten by a side playing like a bunch of girls.

Suggested perhaps he should worry about his own team.

Started mumbling something about injuries & umpires & at that point I suggested he turn his head back towards the ground

& offered to assist him if he chose not too.

& how much fun do ya reckon we had with this clown in the last 1/4?

How sweet it was!

Did anyone else have any fun today @ The Pies supporters expense?

yeah my dad and another bloke who sits in front of us did, i dont let them worry me, just mindless thugs

there was a fight in the AFL members just near the melbourne members between a pie and dees' supporter

really what happened? as much as i dislike fights i love hearing the stories behind them

I heard the "injury excuse" used by a few maggots sitting nearby. "oh if we had presti and clement, robbo would get a touch". And the whole " oh mclean would get killed if bucks was in".

I also heard several "Tarks (tarkyn) will win the brownlow this year"

I am not the kind of fellow people usually pick on, so thankfully non of the garbage was thrown in my direction. As a passive observer i found it amusing how one eyed the collingwood faithful are. I heard a few "who the hell in number 2 for melbourne??" YOu would have to be living in siberia not to know who this kid is. I am well aware of pendelbury, cox, dick and the likes at collingwood, i find it sad that they cannot notice rising talent on other rosters.

HIS NAME IS NATHAN JONES!

Well I'm the kind of guy that barracks and I never ever abuse another supporter of the opposition. If they say one of our players in weak, fair enough, because I always say it about the opposition. But when someone turns around and starts getting laid into me for abusing the opposition, I go mental. Happened today with two maggie supporters in their 70s. Two little old ladies with the mouths of a bogan male. I called Rocca a disgrace about half way through the last quarter, and they turned around and started calling me weak like the rest of my team. I replied by saying they were about to get beaten by a weak team and that collingwood are always thought to be better than they actually were.

*Chuckles* Great stories so far

I had fun today sitting a few rows behind the Pies cheersquad, tell you what there weren't many Melbourne supporters around that particular area (Don't blame them, I was sitting with a mate who goes for the Pies).

Anyway, when Leon Davis missed a couple of goals I decided to let him and the Pies cheersquad know about what I thought of him in pressure situations. They proceeded to say something along the lines of 'At least we made the Grand Final' to which I said 'What was the result?'. They then went quiet.

Again, when Chris Bryan missed from 50 out, I told him he was a hack and of all clubs he had been delisted by the worst club in the competition, some lady told me to buy a membership, I then asked her if she wanted to see my card and told her to look at the scoreboard.

I know all clubs have bad supporters but gee some of them really are filth, one took to abusing Paul Wheatleys sister and another group were cheering when Neita hobbled off. Didn't help that had Rocca hobbled off it wouldn't have made a difference, because he sure wasn't doing much.

that's shocking that they booed an injured player - karma pies, karma. They lost a couple today.

Anyho I hate them immensely, filthy bastards.

COuldn't believe how many streamed out when they were still in it too - yee of little faith.

wonder what joffa's doing with his sign..

I had a Pies supporter along the same row as me who spent the whole first half doing nothing but bagging the umpires at full voice. When the siren went for three quarter time, and with Collingwood on the up, she yelled out, "you're going down Dees!" ... I turned to her and said "I wouldn't speak too early". She replied "Nah ... you're gone!"

When Davey kicked the goal in the last to put us 19 points up, I yelled (in her direction) "Hey, you're going down Pies!". She just looked at me rattled. She left before the siren and Robbo's final goal.

Can I just say the Redlegs were hysterical when the siren went and Robbo slotted the final goal.....what euphoria!

Anyone else a Redleg enjoy the roar?

Loved the smug look on Robbos' face after the siren went, the Collingwood supporters near the fence went off tee. He juts walked back and slotted it.....

Salt in the wound, lemon juice on the paper cut, euphoria for Melbourne supporters.

Loved the smug look on Robbos' face after the siren went, the Collingwood supporters near the fence went off tee. He juts walked back and slotted it.....

Salt in the wound, lemon juice on the paper cut, euphoria for Melbourne supporters.

I don't think there's anything more enjoyable (especially after the season we've been having so far) than to leave the MCG after a good win over the Pies and just experiencing the looks on the faces of their fans. It's an absolutely uplifting experience!

Had the pleasure of a full match commentary from a Magpie fan sitting behind me in the afl members. What a complete [censored]. He yelled and screamed all day and was matched by his son who was about 11 years old. The usual snow jokes, blaming the umpires blah blah blah. The only time I acknowledged the pair of them was when the 11 yo called David Neitz a "used up has been and get off the ground you old C**T!" I turned around in total shock that a kid could speak like that! They then went on even more and I took great delight in rubbing in a very loud rendition of ITS A GRAND OLD FLAG come final siren time.....I was dying to say "You must be so proud of your boy!" but some things in life aren't worth it and Collingwood supporters are included in that.

I do have to pay credit where it is due and several people around us (we were in an ocean of black and white) were apologising for the shocking display of language put on by father and son. The lady in front of me said it makes her ashamed to support the pies - I did try and recruit her but she said she wouldn't go that far!

Oh man it's painful to read their forums, complaining about the umpires, saying they had to many good people out (like we don't) and.... blaming the umpires some more

this wasnt today...but many years back... at Victoria Park.

mate and I ( both Dee ) anong with mates Bro ( Geelong ) were at Melb - Filth game

In enemy territory we held our own...not much gained either way.. just after 3/4 time mates bro hearing on his tranny that Geelong had their game well and truly sewn up, turned radio off and joined in with us in bagging the filth..

Then it got weird... a little ol lady , I kid you not ..turned to mates bro and gave him bags full of some of the most colourful language Ive ever heard ...from anyone.. she took major umbrage that he was Geelong and now barracking for the Dees.. was too much for her.. she literally laid into him with her umbrella and TAA bag... ( us oldies will remember them) ..Mate and I were laughing too much to do anything,., The police had to come and take her away. Funniest thing I ever saw at footy!!.

Let me start by saying that raising awareness for prostate cancer is a thoroughly worthy cause and I think its great that they drew attention to it yesterday.

I did however find it ironic, that on a day when the world's largest pair of underpants were unveiled onto the MCG before the match, such a largescale bout of "suffering in your jocks" has been heard by Magpie fans at the game and afterwards on talkback radio over yesterday's umpiring.

I was surrounded by collingwood supporters. today. I had a whole heap of them behind me, and I thought bloody hell I hope we win. Anyway they were pretty good. No swearing no abusing our players. They couldn't believe that Brock got a free against him in that last quarter and 50 when he threw the ball into the chair, they bagged wakelin and they told Rocca to get off the ground. When we won I turned around and they had all cleared off. Overall I was actually impressed with them. Not your typical pies supporters. By the way did anyone see Joffa's benaie on the replay. As Robert Walls said is Joffa wearing a tea cosy on his head.

:lol: Some great stories here! wish I'd been at the game!

I watched at home with my other half who'd invited one of his fellow filth supporters round for back up - I had our two kids and myself decked out in our no.5 jumpers no less...

Yeah, they did the whole "woo-hoo!" and high fives every time the filth goaled or looked promising (sickening really). My mouth has gotten me into trouble before so I remained extremely calm and composed until the last quarter when I let a few things slip out, and then they started the whole "umps are on your side..Blah, blah blah..." "we have players out etc...".

When the siren went I grabbed the cd of the song and played it about 10 times while the kids and I danced around the house. Today I still have the jumper on and can't stop smiling. He is relatively quiet, but I think if they had won he would be giving me absolute hell!

Ha ha, BTW in the last stages of the game I came out with the (much used round here) gem :

"I wanna have Brock's babies!!" and He said (sounding like a spoilt 7 year old) "well go on then!"

It was hilarious. :P