We are f*****g Melbourne!

Jaded No More

As I was driving to the game today, I was nearly in tears.

Not because I thought we'd lose, not because we're 0-9, not even because my car was making strange noises up Punt Road.

The reason why I was so devestated, was because on the radio, they were calling this club and us, the supporters, '[censored] weak'.

Except I'm not a [censored] weak supporter, I buy a membership every year, I go to every single game played in Victoria, and I bleed for and with this club. So why was I so upset? Because the moron who was saying all this stuff, was not entirely wrong.

Those supporters who call themselves supporters because they drive around with a Melbourne sticker on their car, or because they turn up to the Queen's Birthday match once a year, don't deserve to associate with those of us who care so deeply about this club, and who will do anything to see this club where it belongs, on top.

WE, while in the minority, are passionate. We ARE Melbourne, because we love this club even when they lose, even when they struggle, even when everyone is telling us that we are [censored] weak, and that nobody cares about our club.

Guess what, I care, and so do all the Melbourne supporters I know, and everyone who has come and gone and posted on this website.

We love this club, and if there are only a few thousands of us, so be it. Just please, please don't let the moron who was calling ME and YOU '[censored] weak', be right. He isn't.

And so, before I go and ban myself for swearing, let me say this... We are Melbourne, we are THE original and THE best and if we ever accept anything else, or let anyone make us think otherwise, we don't deserve to support this great club.

GO MELBOURNE!!!

*Edit: Title edited. Sorry if anyone was offended.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not because I thought we'd lose, not because we're 0-9, not even because my car was making strange noises up Punt Road.

The reason why I was so devestated, was because on the radio, they were calling this club and us, the supporters, '[censored] weak'.

Except I'm not a [censored] weak supporter, I buy a membership every year, I go to every single game played in Victoria, and I bleed for and with this club. So why was I so upset? Because the moron who was saying all this stuff, was not entirely wrong.

Those supporters who call themselves supporters because they drive around with a Melbourne sticker on their car, or because they turn up to the Queen's Birthday match once a year, don't deserve to associate with those of us who care so deeply about this club, and who will do anything to see this club where to belongs, on top.

WE, while in the minority, are passionate. We ARE Melbourne, because we love this club even when they lose, even when they struggle, even when everyone is telling us that we are [censored] weak, and that nobody cares about our club.

Guess what, I care, and so do all the Melbourne supporters I know, and everyone who has come and gone and posted on this website.

We love this club, and if there are only a few thousands of us, so be it. Just please, please don't let the moron who was calling ME and YOU '[censored] weak', be right. He isn't.

And so, before I go and ban myself for swearing, let me say this... We are Melbourne, we are THE original and THE best and if we ever accept anything else, or let anyone make us think otherwise, we don't deserve to support this great club.

GO MELBOURNE!!!

If the club gets tough then people cannot call us [censored] weak. it's that easy

well i called brian taylor and gave him a little spray after the game and loved it

but he is right to a degree

and i completley agree with you jaded, i am quite tattooed and have a nice big space on my ample belly for the day we win the flag and i get MELBOURNE FC inked there

carn the dee's!

Those supporters who call themselves supporters because they drive around with a Melbourne sticker on their car, or because they turn up to the Queen's Birthday match once a year, don't deserve to associate with those of us who care so deeply about this club, and who will do anything to see this club where to belongs, on top.

GO MELBOURNE!!!

Good girl Jaded.

Don't ban yourself for swearing

Don't modify your post

Don't delete the thread

Sticky it !

i couldn't make the game today but i watched it on t.v... and it sounded like our supporters were more vocal than i've ever heard before...

i seriously think it even affected a few umpiring decision, and certainly inspired the players to go in harder...

great stuff to all those supporters at the ground...

i was wondering if supporters noticed the noise difference at the ground? what was the official crowd attendence

well i called brian taylor and gave him a little spray after the game and loved it

but he is right to a degree

and i completley agree with you jaded, i am quite tattooed and have a nice big space on my ample belly for the day we win the flag and i get MELBOURNE FC inked there

carn the dee's!

You're not Marcus from Point Lonsdale are you?? That guy was hilarious.

Fantastic post jaded. I listened to that and it hurt me to hear my club referred to like that.

We do need to be more ruthless, we do need to become tougher, and we need to stand united and not take any more mediocrity right down from the bootstudder to the CEO.

the title of this thread is fantastic.

GO MELBOURNE!!!

You ever thought of taking up motivational speaking?

Couldn't agree more with you, when you love 'em so much it hurts you know it's real.

lol....

yes we are Jaded...yes we are !!!

Go Dees

You're not Marcus from Point Lonsdale are you?? That guy was hilarious.

We do need to be more ruthless, we do need to become tougher, and we need to stand united and not take any more mediocrity right down from the bootstudder to the CEO.

the title of this thread is fantastic.

lol, that marcus guy was hilarious

Jaded, i believe everything you said, cause i am the same and will be with the Red and Blue my entire life.

i believe all of which u said jaded, as well as all of us true melbourne supporters on this forum and those who aren't on this forum. We are Melbourne, i dont change clubs if we lose, but I do go wild when we win! And all who support our fabulous club deserve a HUGE pat on the back, we are 1-9 but I'm still a proud Melbourne supporter!

I'll fly this flag, till the day I die.

GO THE MIGHTY DEES!!

Yeah, I'm sick of that rubbish too.

I'm living in Canberra (so I deserve a break to start with) and somehow I managed to get to three of our first five games this season - that's two trips to Melbourne and a side trip up for the Sydney game. I've managed to use up all the games on my long distance membership every year since I joined (which is a while now) plus getting to our Sydney games each year.

I do everything I can to catch games anyway I can, I can name our list, describe our injuries, remember who used to play for us, whose gone to other clubs, hell, I've even been to Sandingham games.

But what am I saying. All this is basically normal for everyone on this site.

So why the $^#% does this club have to put up with being labelled pissweak?

We're a small club. We don't attract the 'blow-ins' who only skim the surface of AFL and only hear about the big clubs.

With all these fringe supporters swelling clubs like Collingwood, it makes calling Melbourne supporters [censored]-weak seriously ironic, as well as just plain annoying.

Up next, day grand finals will be getting called [censored]-weak because the TV ratings are lower than night grand finals.

I'm proud to be a Demon, even while we're getting the rough end of the stick as AFL goes more and more commercial and cash-driven.

AAnd as our team song says: "Every heart beats true for the red and the blue"

My heart beats true for the red and the blue

dont want to be negative but not all melbourne supporters hearts beat true for the red and the blue some are just followers unlike us...

dont want to be negative but not all melbourne supporters hearts beat true for the red and the blue some are just followers unlike us...

sorry, i meant that im talking about those who post here

Bloody well said, Jaded. I am so effing proud to be a Melbourne supporter that sometimes (quite often this year) it hurts. I get so annoyed when i go to a game v a non-Victorian and i get so angry that these so-called Dees fans jump on the bandwagon just when we start doing well.

The win today was for the loyal fans, that have stuck with them when we were hit by injuries and poor form. I think we can be some of the most vocal fans when we get fired up, there is no other feeling like being in the members area when we kick a huge goal.

Hopefully those bandwagoners that come for the QB bash will grace us with their presence on a more regular basis.

Brian Taylor is a tool, a Collingwood tool. He and Eddie 'Buckley boning' McGuire have had a crack at the MFC over the past 24 hours. We have the chance to stick it up them next week.

So all MFC supporters need to get the the game on Monday and make some [censored] noise and watch our boys stick it up those arrogant fools!!!

P.S. Apology for swearing mods, but we need all MFC supproters to fire up!!