PREGAME: Rd 24 vs Collingwood

Hard to drop anyone but I would like to see Ben Brown get a farewell game. Think he deserves it. 
Hunter could be the sub to get his 200th. 

The main thing is that we need to beat those pieces of [censored]! 😤

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

We need to fight this game hard, play it like it's a final. Hell is this "our Grand Final"? 

I want to see us attack this game the way we should've on QB. Give them no quarter and be hard at the footy all day. There's no next week.

God I want us to beat them and put the official nail in the coffin of their season.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

If BBB comes it it can only be for Petty IMO. Need JVR to ruck and can’t drop Disco. Petty might appreciate the extra week off, but not sure we do it.

If Hunter (after missing the vfl game??) comes in it can only be for Melk as sub. Seems unlikely. And would need Melk to have another year.

Suspect they just keep Tomlinson for a farewell and keep May on ice so he can attack preseason.

Laurie or K Brown for Sparrow?

54 minutes ago, 3183 Dee said:

In: 40,000 missing Demons members

Out: Getting rolled by the Pies over the last few years 

The boys should be looking forward to driving a nail into Collingwood’s faint finals chances.

I’ll certainly be there. It’s our ‘grand final’ in August. The mighty Dees  v the Ferals and umps.
So much want us to beat the ‘Umpire assisted premiers’ of 2023 and ensure they can’t make the finals in 2024.

• Love 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, Redleg said:

I would give Hunter his 200th and farewell game next week, on the strict proviso he makes Maynard and Moore know he was out there and if possible legally of course, fixes up Maynard.

What’s Alistair Lynch doing on Friday night?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

I’d love to snuff out any chance of the Filth making finals. This is our Grand Final now. 

Poor percentage means the Pies can't make the finals if any two of Bulldogs, Hawks and Blues win tomorrow, which is highly likely. Thus this will be a dead rubber with the Pies unable to rise higher than ninth. Such a shame that neither the Pies nor the Blues will be playing in September, perhaps the only small consolation for Dees supporters.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

If BBB comes it it can only be for Petty IMO. Need JVR to ruck and can’t drop Disco. Petty might appreciate the extra week off, but not sure we do it.

If Hunter (after missing the vfl game??) comes in it can only be for Melk as sub. Seems unlikely. And would need Melk to have another year.

Suspect they just keep Tomlinson for a farewell and keep May on ice so he can attack preseason.

Laurie or K Brown for Sparrow?

There should only be the one change, someone in for Sparrow (I'd go AMW personally).

BBB can have a lap of honour before the game or at half time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flower Magic said:

Poor percentage means the Pies can't make the finals if any two of Bulldogs, Hawks and Blues win tomorrow, which is highly likely. Thus this will be a dead rubber with the Pies unable to rise higher than ninth. Such a shame that neither the Pies nor the Blues will be playing in September, perhaps the only small consolation for Dees supporters.

If the Filth beat us, they can still make if Port can get over Freo in Perth and the Blues lose to both the WCE and the Saints, which given all the Blues outs and the way they are playing is a strong chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flower Magic said:

Again, this is wrong. They only care about Carlton. If they lose, Collingwood is alive. 

A lazy  100 point win might get us in. Doubt it but possible but dogs and hawks need to lose tomorrow and next week

still just beat the filth!!

I think we are missing what the real opportunity is here to screw the Pies.

It's not a matter of the dees winning . It's probably about ensuring they don't win by 60 points  plus to get the required % boost.

What would be better than watching the second half pies fans knowing they can't meet that target during the game with the dees defence rock solid.

Cook them slowly 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I’ll certainly be there. It’s our ‘grand final’ in August. The mighty Dees  v the Ferals and umps.
So much want us to beat the ‘Umpire assisted premiers’ of 2023 and ensure they can’t make the finals in 2024.

Would be interesting to see a match between the Bulldogs and the filth , who would get the more assistance from the umpires? 🤔

• Like 2

The pies had 7 free kicks to 0 in the last 10 minutes

Umpiring and outcome management was appalling  Significant asssitance

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 6

Pies media hype has started but by my best calculations a 100 point margin over dees next week will see them well under 8th spot on %.

No chance of finals. Includes blues losing next week to saints 

6 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Pies media hype has started but by my best calculations a 100 point margin over dees next week will see them well under 8th spot on %.

No chance of finals. Includes blues losing next week to saints 

Unless you have Carlton beating West Coast, a 1 point win over us and a Fremantle loss to Port puts Collingwood in the 8.

Carlton winning tonight pretty much ends them but the Blues’ injury list means that’s unlikely.

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Unless you have Carlton beating West Coast, a 1 point win over us and a Fremantle loss to Port puts Collingwood in the 8.

Carlton winning tonight pretty much ends them but the Blues’ injury list means that’s unlikely.

I would love for West Coast to be Carlscum, we beat the filth and they both miss the 8! that'd be the dream

• Like 2

• If the Dogs, Hawks and Blues win their remaining games, Collingwood can't make it
  • If the Hawks and Fremantle win their remaining games Collingwood can't make it
  • If the Dogs, Hawks and Blues win by 1 point today, Collingwood will be out of the eight by 7%. If the Dogs, Hawks and Blues then lost by 1 point next week, Collingwood would have to win with score around 150-20.

Even if we lose, if we can keep it close, it's a win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just watched part of the last 5 minutes of the Brisbane/Coli Wobble game and after the third Tiggy Touchewood free to Collingwood I switched it off. MacRae was 100% correct in his assessment that his team get more than very favorable treatment from the so-called White Men when they play in their hometown MCG etc.

In other words, to beat the E Coli Wobblers you have to beat the umpires as well.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Hard to drop anyone but I would like to see Ben Brown get a farewell game. Think he deserves it. 
Hunter could be the sub to get his 200th. 

The main thing is that we need to beat those pieces of [censored]! 😤

No way they select hunter.

At least i hope not - i would be livid if they did. He doesn't deserve any favours.

All the talk about clarry this season has helped hunter escape scrutiny.

He was good in the first half of the 2023 season, but has been a joke since - particularly this year.

This season we lost 2 senior players for the season before a ball was bounced (gus, smith), had other senior that basically alao missed the whole season through injury (spargo, bbb and mcadam) and had yet another unavailable for two thirds of the season (melk).

And to that list we can add Hunter.

So, from a list of 44 players, we were down seven senior players, forcing us to play kids.

And in addition, multiple senior players missed blocks of games (May, tracc, maxy, salo, bowey, lever).

I understand Hunter battled injury, but to he blunt I question his commitment to his rehabilitation - not to mention the club.

We desperately needed hardened, senior players on deck and he looked a million miles from a dedicated, elite footballer desperate to get back into the ones.

And forget leadership - he's offered us nothing. Hunter is the anti nibbla and I expect we've seen the last of him, both at the dees and as an AFL footballer.

• Like 12

Ugh this game is going to be horrible.  

At least may isn't playing so he won't be booed.

I know we'll want to boo that thug but it only fires him up & gets the scum fans going.

I just hope one of our good players does not end up seriously injured again 

• Like 3