Christian Petracca

Being part of a so-called minor club he has obtained a premiership, Norm Smith, multiple AAs, best and fairest. He has a good following on social media. Max has been able to form a very marketable brand from his work at this Club. I don’t get his beef.

• Like 14
  • Clap 4

1 minute ago, chook fowler said:

Being part of a so-called minor club he has obtained a premiership, Norm Smith, multiple AAs, best and fairest. He has a good following on social media. Max has been able to form a very marketable brand from his work at this Club. I don’t get his beef.

it begins with e and end with o

hint: 3 letter word

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 1

3 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Gawn is arguably the most recognisable player in the AFL. Bont has a bigger profile too and plays at a smaller club. It honestly doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

13 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I think it might bode many a supporter to prepare for not "winning" per se in this manner.

If per chance Trac is staying I'm not sure how that works too well if indeed he has indicated to all and sundry he wants away. 

If he goes there's every likelihood we won't get the value some suggest. Why ?  Because it simply isn't manufacturable.  We'll end up getting what we get.

What's the lesser evil ....

When you put a Signature to a significant long term contract, there are ramifications. 
There is no way the MFC should go soft on this, if we do then we will become fodder to chuck around. 
This morning on the radio I am hearing that Tracc wants to go to a “Better” Club, not interstate, but down the road. 
The MFC are being beaten up over this, we have to dig in and stand firm. 

IF he leaves it must be to a Club that gives the MFC the best outcome 

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

With this whole circus going on, we can wave goodbye to any new players turning up at our club via the trade period. So much for having strengthening in the off-season. What a waste.

We'll just have to forcefully bring players into the club against their will. Ie go to the draft.

They might be finding it worse at WC or North or Tigers.!!! 

10 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Maybe Oliver having two more blueys and pinching Brownlow votes off him frustrates him. There seems to be more substance in his beef with Oliver aside from the alleged lack of professionalism bla bla by Oliver. Could pain Tracc’s ego somewhat. 

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 2

2 hours ago, The Lobster Effect said:

Couldn't we spin it by saying we're letting Trac leave to have a fresh start and new environment after his traumatic injury? Not sure people would buy that but that could be the PR.

As I mentioned, it would only work if Petracca bought into it publicly and said the same thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

Max even got the gig with Google. That's a huge deal if you ask me.

And that was even before our premiership. I remember it was around 2018 or 2019.

Edited by ElDiablo14
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, Demonland said:

How about mentioning the individual I've repeatedly asked not to be named.

This isn't up for debate, and I don't owe an explanation for prioritizing the safety and integrity of myself, this website, and our community over any personal frustrations you might have about a post being hidden.

I don't intend to come across as harsh, but it's crucial that we maintain a constructive environment where we can freely discuss this club and the significant issues surrounding it. However, certain topics and individuals carry risks that could have serious repercussions for me, this platform, and any users who might inadvertently engage in those discussions.

I might be exercising an abundance of caution, but it's my responsibility to ensure that we're all protected. I've posted these guidelines and warnings multiple times in this thread for a reason.

Please respect these boundaries and cooperate so that we can all continue to responsibly discuss the club that we love.

I fully understand your position.  But in this case I don't know who it is that you have asked not to be named since such posts disappear. I can imagine that others may have named them without knowing, thus causing you more work.  It seems the mere mention of this person (as distinct from slagging off about some journo) is the problem?

Could you not publish a longish list of names which not to be mentioned in this thread without that causing you any grief?  Would seem odd, but you can hadly be sued for that.

20 minutes ago, Demonland said:

How about mentioning the individual I've repeatedly asked not to be named.

This isn't up for debate, and I don't owe an explanation for prioritizing the safety and integrity of myself, this website, and our community over any personal frustrations you might have about a post being hidden.

I don't intend to come across as harsh, but it's crucial that we maintain a constructive environment where we can freely discuss this club and the significant issues surrounding it. However, certain topics and individuals carry risks that could have serious repercussions for me, this platform, and any users who might inadvertently engage in those discussions.

I might be exercising an abundance of caution, but it's my responsibility to ensure that we're all protected. I've posted these guidelines and warnings multiple times in this thread for a reason.

Please respect these boundaries and cooperate so that we can all continue to responsibly discuss the club that we love.

Again not 100% certain what you’re on about but if it’s about the new job of an individual close to him, that is publicly available information that was on the Howies podcast today

plus the rest of the information on goody and Carlton is quite relevant 

• Thinking 1

8 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

Maybe Oliver having two more blueys and pinching Brownlow votes off him frustrates him. There seems to be more substance in his beef with Oliver aside from the alleged lack of professionalism bla bla by Oliver. Could pain Tracc’s ego somewhat. 

Cripps and Walsh would steal more. Daicos at Collingwood too

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Trac is a lot of things, but an Emo he is not.

All he needs is some eye-liner and he's pretty much there, maybe grow his hair a little to have a fringe covering one eye.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

If Brownlow votes mean that much then he belongs at a different club.

Sth Melb/Syd, St Kilda, the Dogs: top 3 clubs in Brownlow representation with 14, 10 and 10. 8 flags between them,

Carlton and Hawthorn? 6 Brownlow medalists each and one of them wasn't even real. How many flags between those two clubs?

Rest my case. 

Edited by layzie
  • Clap 1

33 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Gawn is arguably the most recognisable player in the AFL. Bont has a bigger profile too and plays at a smaller club. It honestly doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.

It does if you assume this is simply not about football.  The genie is out of the bottle.  His account has grown 2+ percent this month. His engagement rate (comments and likes per followers) is through the absolute roof.  His google searches is high. These are his key performance metrics now.   As much as we may not like it Brand Petracca is crushing it right now. 

Integrity, loyalty and character is not needed for social media status and sponsorship.  In fact I'd argue the more ego driven the higher you go.   Will he permanently damage his brand? If it lasted years, of course.  But if it's a 2 month surge he will be much further ahead.   Will another club worry of the sort of person they re bringing in?  Well, plenty of clubs are willing to overlook past records etc.  He will say he's happy to be there, get back to work and they will lap it up, especially if he is able them to get them to a GF on the cheap.    Frankly, this sort of stuff happens in other professional sporting codes regularly, this was always destined to happen to AFL, sucks it's us. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Trac's link/friendship with Ben Simmons presents an interesting case study. 

image.png.7bd224782f5d8bed3ddbd2131807cb2f.png

Ben sat out a year in order to get a trade to the Nets. The big differences are the NBA is a much bigger/richer league, Ben was in his early 20s and wasn't a top 5 player in the league. Interestingly the NBA still credited him with a year of service despite him declaring he would sit out the whole year (and then doing just that)

But...I can see a scenario where even if he remains at Melbourne his last game in red and blue will forever be v Collingwood on KB 2024  

r/melbournefc - Christian Petracca = Ben Simmons 2.0

• Thinking 1

15 minutes ago, old55 said:

I think Petracca will end up at Essendon for some combination of pick 8 and two of F1st, Wright, Hobbs, Cox or similar.

Essendon have to be a big chance. Tbh I’d settle for a lot less. Pick 8,28 and a F1st for Trac and a couple of later picks so they can pick up their academy player. 

13 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Cripps and Walsh would steal more. Daicos at Collingwood too

Well Oliver historically has taken enough votes to perhaps deny Tracc a Brownlow already and the opposite applies as well. I don’t think Oliver’s ego is big enough to care. Oliver has played 6 less games than Tracc but has 18 more career Brownlow votes. 116-98.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Trac's link/friendship with Ben Simmons presents an interesting case study. 

image.png.7bd224782f5d8bed3ddbd2131807cb2f.png

Ben sat out a year in order to get a trade to the Nets. The big differences are the NBA is a much bigger/richer league, Ben was in his early 20s and wasn't a top 5 player in the league. Interestingly the NBA still credited him with a year of service despite him declaring he would sit out the whole year (and then doing just that)

But...I can see a scenario where even if he remains at Melbourne his last game in red and blue will forever be v Collingwood on KB 2024  

r/melbournefc - Christian Petracca = Ben Simmons 2.0

How can someone think that this is a wise move? Ben Simmons ruined his career making those choices.

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

14 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Max even got the gig with Google. That's a huge deal if you ask me.

And that was even before our premiership. I remember it was around 2018 or 2019.

Max is more marketable. He has charisma, he has wit. He is a natural born entertainer. 

Trac is not. Trac needs football, and a big following to be a social media star. 

That is the difference. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 3

1 hour ago, OhMyDees said:

Still waiting for Trac to actually say something non-food related.

IMG_9651.jpeg

He won’t say anything, he’ll sneak off to Europe & let his manager get the deal done.

By then his brand will be in tact & the MFC brand will be in tatters 

CP5 aftershave & Nonnas bolognaise sauce will be on the shelves & he’ll be hanging out with Issac Quaynor & the Daicos boys before we know it 

The 170 odd games, AAs, Norm Smith & premiership will just be a forgotten memory from the club that gave him so much

• Thinking 1
  • Angry 1