Oliver Trade Rumours

Is it too late to amicably and mutually end his contract and allow him to move as he free agent? 

Geelong would love it because they wouldn't have to give up anything, and based on the compensation for Josh Battle we would be awarded more draft picks than Tasmania.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mach5 said:

Not convinced of that at all. But the media narrative is that he is worth less.

We had multiple clubs interested in him. His form hadn't dropped off yet and most of his off-field issues were still pretty hush hush. He also hadn't had the preseason from hell yet.

I think we absolutely would have gotten two firsts out of Adelaide had we traded him last year.

• Like 4

Just now, Little Goffy said:

Is it too late to amicably and mutually end his contract and allow him to move as he free agent? 

Geelong would love it because they wouldn't have to give up anything, and based on the compensation for Josh Battle we would be awarded more draft picks than Tasmania.

This would be a decent outcome for all 3 parties.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Little Goffy said:

That's not how free agency works. You can't just kill a contract because the compo will be better than the trade.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rufus said:

We're a joke if we are prepared to be paying over half a million bucks for a bloke to play in Geeling every year till 2030. Not going to happen surely.

The first thing that needs to be covered off in any potential deal is to get rid of the salary. It'll be one thing to front the members and explain how our player management has seen the departure of popular players, but to also expect members to cop the idea that we'll be paying for the privilege of seeing them play somewhere else is a bridge too far.

So we are happy to take back a future 1st and 2nd then?

No harm in asking about SDK who clearly is not in the good books at Geelong

You don't sell a late model Ferrari for 5K on eBay. Even if it was in an accident and needs repairs.
We need to be properly compensated.
A future 1st (probably pick 14 to 18) is an insult. If he were a free agent this year we would most likely get pick 6 in compensation. That's a starting point. If Geelong want him they need to get busy. We shouldn't accept anything less than 2 early first rounders for arguably the greatest ever Demon.

Let's hope Geelong don't ask for a roadworthy.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

Just now, SthSea22 said:

So we are happy to take back a future 1st and 2nd then?

No harm in asking about SDK who clearly is not in the good books at Geelong

My own personal view (not knowing what disruption, if any, this player actually causes behind the scenes for our club) is no, we shouldn't accept that deal regardless of the full salary being paid. I'd rather spend a season letting him play the role he is best at and hopefully dominating so that worst case if he still wants to go in 12 months we might actually have some interested parties with some currency.

The idea of trading an asset when it is at it's lowest value just makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

You don't sell a late model Ferrari for 5K on eBay. Even if it was in an accident and needs repairs.
A future 1st (probably pick 14 to 18) is an insult. If he were a free agent this year we would most likely get pick 6 in compensation. That's a starting point. If Geelong want him they need to get busy. We shouldn't accept anything less than 2 early first rounders for arguably the greatest ever Demon.

Hear bloody hear. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

Agreed. Time for this club to show some stones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Well put.  Clarry even said in that podcast last week, "the media are full of [censored]".  Just like his mum did last night on Facebook.

"The media are full of [censored]" could refer to anything. He could be talking about his reported off-field indiscretions, missed appointments, meetings with Geelong officials and players, etc. Why didn't he just come out and say which media reports were incorrect?

We all know the reason why he didn't.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

The last line of your post is the trick isn't it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

You're not on the club payroll.

Therefore you’re equal to any Joe Blow that supports this footy club. Expecting senior management officials to treat you any different is just an imagination in your mind.

No, I'm not.  But then neither are the board.  They're volunteer roles.

• Like 1
  • Clap 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Vineys Anger Manager said:

We had a Ferrari; it’s since been treated like a lawnmower. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

6 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

No, I'm not.  But then neither are the board.  They're volunteer roles.

Jeez dazzle where is all this anger coming from, everyone has a right to their opinions even those that I fervently disagree with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, waynewussell said:

My concern is that the AFL has prodded Barrett to make this call. In other words, the AFL are looking to influence the decision to remove Pert.

regardless on being pro or anti-pert this is a disgrace and an integrity issue that can be reported here

https://eafl.austfoot.com.au/afl-makeareport/en/#/home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

If Clarrie goes this will all be on him

We haven't mistreated him and we've been extremely patient 

And we've given the bloke any number of chances to mend his ways

Sometimes people just go rogue and you have to part company

It's really nothing personal unless you want to hang on to how great a player he has been.  And that's hard to let go of

I hope he stays and gets his best footy back but if not, I wish him well

• Like 9
  • Clap 2

4 minutes ago, BLWNBA said:

We had a Ferrari; it’s since been treated like a lawnmower. 

A bloody good lawnmower if you don’t mind BLW… 11 wins, 4 losses by under a goal and played the last couple with 8-10 not available. But go ahead with the demolishing of our club.!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Jeez dazzle where is all this anger coming from, everyone has a right to their opinions even those that I fervently disagree with.

No anger from my end lol. Don't just presume things just future reference also.

1 minute ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

He's still angry I pulled him up for his treatment of WCW, so I'm now his new target.  

Hahahahahah! Pulled me up on what? I've already forgotten what you even said, that's how irrelevant it was to me

• Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Macca said:

If Clarrie goes this will all be on him

We haven't mistreated him and we've been extremely patient 

And we've given the bloke any number of chances to mend his ways

Sometimes people just go rogue and you have to part company

It's really nothing personal unless you want to hang on to how great a player he has been.  And that's hard to let go of

I hope he stays and gets his best footy back but if not, I wish him well

Not sure I completely agree here. In light of everything else going on at the club I don't think any of us could say with 100% certainty that he hasn't been mistreated or mishandled. Obviously Clayton has responsibility for his own actions and he wears that part of it, but there is no way we can have confidence in how the club is running currently.

I don't believe the club will allow him to be traded though.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

No anger from my end lol. Don't just presume things just future reference also.

Hahahahahah! Pulled me up on what? I've already forgotten what you even said, that's how irrelevant it was to me

Yeah, right, that's why your engagement with my posts have exploded in the last 24 hours.

Interesting you advise someone else here not to presume things when you presumed what my level of involvement is in the club.  How very hypocritical.

Edited by Katrina Dee Fan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DeeZone said:

A bloody good lawnmower if you don’t mind BLW… 11 wins, 4 losses by under a goal and played the last couple with 8-10 not available. But go ahead with the demolishing of our club.!!

1) That’s irrelevant to the point made by both myself and the OP that was quoted. 

2) I’m surprised you didn’t find a way to also throw Maynard in there.

But don’t worry mate, victim status and the shortcomings of the MFC will always be welcomed by the majority of those on Demonland. You’ll get your likes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Try to ignore the trolls mate. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1