Oliver Trade Rumours

54 minutes ago, Young Blood said:

Its what they get paid to do. Speculate based off of speculation. So many people here are getting sucked in.

When I see the name McClure next to anything I simply just ignore it. He's getting paid to be an ultracrepidarian. 

His goal is to keep pushing a story beyond truth to get clicks and make forums such as this go mental talking about him. He lost a lot of credit for his Harley Reid statements last year when he said "I'm telling you they're not going to pick him" (referring to West Coast) and many other occasions where his speculation was just simply false. He doesn't care, he wins either way. 

Ignoring the media isn't that hard ... it pays not to take things personally

But buying into their garbage is another matter.  Effectively blaming the club because the media are blaming the club is weak

The main 2 issues surrounds 2 players.  And in either case, the club is not at fault

But because they are our best 2 players many are blinded by their own adulation

Lose the adulation I say.  Team first wins

Anything else loses

And we need to get back to playing as a team again with or without the 2 problem players

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Red But Mostly Blue said:

This is relentless. Exhausting. Disheartening.

MFC: Just tell us what we're going to do and be done with it. 

If we're going to give one of our greatest ever players the old heave ho, for nothing, for reasons unknown because the comms team is a mess/messages are mixed/bins are on fire everywhere - then whatever. Just do it. 

Clarry is my favourite player and I'll be gutted if it goes, but I am tired of all this that I almost don't care anymore. And the opinion of us long-term members doesn't seem to matter. They don't listen. It's their job to run the footy club. But in my humble opinion, things are not being run well, and there is plenty of proof. Trac and Clarry debacles are recent examples.

It's like the plane has been going down for a while now, we've had the oxygen, but now we know nothing's going to change so I'm just going to stare out the window until it's done. 

What a sh*t show. 

If it's all to much to handle RBMB then just choose to tune out. Trade period will be all over next Thursday morning. Things could go many ways in the meantime - tune back in then and find out what happened.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

It's coming from supporters of other clubs and our own supporters BECAUSE it's coming from the media, don't you see that?  

Yeah that's what I said

Did you read my post?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Crow Batty said:

I wonder who or what was dragging us through the mud for the previous 2 years though? 

So I'm talking about 2023 & 2024

We won the flag in 2021 so what happened in 2022?

• Sad 1

Please don't keep these nonsense rumours swirling

The club have come out numerous times to say Oliver is going nowhere and will not be traded

The only reason it is in the news again is a re-hashed tweet with no new information as the 'journo's' can't justify their existence during a boring trade week

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

There's a reason legacy MSM is a dying species. And good riddance!

it's only good riddance if there is a better substitute

and therein lies a bigger problem

never mind, in the future AI-News will be the harbinger of a "real" truth 😎 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The club have come out numerous times to say Oliver is going nowhere and will not be traded

The only reason it is in the news again is a re-hashed tweet with no new information as the 'journo's' can't justify their existence during a boring trade week

It's not over until the trade bell goes next Wednesday night, it's naive to think it is.

• Like 2

I had a wonderful, pressure relieving epiphany a few days ago.

All we supposedly know, is what the mostly detestable media pundits have told us, and given my general distrust of said pundits, I really actually know very little at all..

I’m sure there is truth to everything we’ve heard, but who actually knows but the club, and the player. In any case, anything we have heard has become pained and distorted either with intent by Morris, Cornes et al, or by us, in our Dees obsessed, fanatical handwringing.

It’s caused me to stop scrutinising and dissecting every shred of info.

Pure bliss.

• Clap 1

7 minutes ago, old55 said:

It's not over until the trade bell goes next Wednesday night, it's naive to think it is.

Can't wait for next Thursday

The journos can start on the 'Clarry will leave next season - Demons should have traded him' tweets

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Can't wait for next Thursday

The journos can start on the 'Petracca and Clarry will leave next season - Demons should have traded them' tweets

EFA

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

it's only good riddance if there is a better substitute

and therein lies a bigger problem

never mind, in the future AI-News will be the harbinger of a "real" truth 😎 

At this point I prefer street gossip tbh. 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Sorry, I misinterpretted.  I shouldn't post after letting Year 7s frazzle my brain!!!

Ha ha!

Don't worry, you and I are on the same page although I'm probably harder on players who become laws unto themselves

There's red flags everywhere including just lately with the 2 missed appointments (Compulsory) and the D & D at the Brownlow

It's any wonder that the other players are more than annoyed.  Team rules apply to everyone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’d put him on ignore but I’d still have to see his posts when someone quotes him, which happens a lot. And he vomit or FacePalm emojis pretty much everything I say. He’s insidious. I guess I’ll never be as thick-skinned as I wish I was. I’m not nearly as strong as I thought I was.

He is literally tormenting me. It’s relentless, he just won’t let it go. I’m not strong enough to deal with such bitter nastiness. Maybe sometime in the future I’ll feel stronger than I do at the present time.

Until recently I absolutely loved this forum, I really did and I’m so sad without the daily engagement.

Thank you to those who are so caring. I’m really gonna miss folks on here, truly I will.

@WCW

Mate - get a grip!

You won’t always agree with everyone, likewise they you. And that’s ok. 
As much as we’d like to believe it, none of us is absolutely right or wrong. 

Get on with it & keep doing you.

Personally, it’s not my jam, but that’s ok. It’s yours & that’s effing wonderful.

And please block me going forward if not done already because I know I’ll facepalm something I don’t agree with, it’s just in my nature.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

@WCW

Mate - get a grip!

You won’t always agree with everyone, likewise they you. And that’s ok. 
As much as we’d like to believe it, none of us is absolutely right or wrong. 

Get on with it & keep doing you.

Personally, it’s not my jam, but that’s ok. It’s yours & that’s effing wonderful.

And please block me going forward if not done already because I know I’ll facepalm something I don’t agree with, it’s just in my nature.

So it's alright for you to not adjust your behaviour because "it's just in your nature" but she has to suck it up and adjust her own nature to stay on a forum? That's such a double standard.

Bullying is bullying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

So it's alright for you to not adjust your behaviour because "it's just in your nature" but she has to suck it up and adjust her own nature to stay on a forum? That's such a double standard.

Bullying is bullying. 

Sorry, I’ve gone and triggered the morality police. 

Bullying can be highly subjective, and is an easy label to throw around when attempting to take the moral high ground.

You come to a discussion forum for discussion and to share opinions. Don’t expect people to always agree with you or always have favourable reactions. If you’re triggered by someone hitting the reaction button on your post, maybe it is time to take a break.

All the best.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Clap 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Sorry, I’ve gone and triggered the morality police. 

Bullying can be highly subjective, and is an easy label to throw around when attempting to take the moral high ground.

You come to a discussion forum for discussion and to share opinions. Don’t expect people to always agree with you or always have favourable reactions. If you’re triggered by someone hitting the reaction button on your post, maybe it is time to take a break.

All the best.

There's a bit more to it than "just not getting along".  But sure, pretend you know better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I hate bullying and bullies.

But let’s have a little perspective here. If you feel you’re on the verge of a nervous breakdown because strangers on the internet disagree with you, or put “nasty emojis” on your comments, then that is completely and utterly deranged.

It’s OK to disagree. The “won’t see anything right with the club” people are equally as irritating as the “won’t see anything wrong with the club” people. If you don’t like a poster - block them! If an internet forum is causing you this much angst, go outside and touch grass. You’re not going to like or agree with everyone you come across, that’s life. And spitting the dummy when you do just exhibits a complete lack of tolerance and resilience.

It’s truly mental to me how seriously some people seem to take this place.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

This is how I used to think,no faith anymore .

Every chance he gets traded, could be what’s holding up the Bailey smith trade.

just my thoughts … 

• Haha 1

Getting back on topic... 

I think we have no option but to either keep Clarry or trade him for what we'd probably consider a packet of chips.

While we don't know much of the details, I think it will depend whether the FD have simply had enough and want him out at all costs (relatively) or if they think he is capable of turning it around to recapture some fitness and form. I can't see how another club would take him unless it's at a rock bottom price, which will likely include us paying a chunk of his contract