Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

9 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I still think we’re holding him unless the Cats and his management can clear us of his salary and offer us 2 decent picks. It’s peanuts for him but this appears the current reality. 

They don't have two decent picks to offer. This years 1st Rounder will go to the Dogs for Smith, and a Future 1st will likely be a pick in the teens, an Future 2nd will likely be a pick in the 30s. 

There is no package of picks in their possession that will be sufficient. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Demonland said:

We're going to end up getting nothing of value for him. At one time you could have got 3 first rounders as a starting point.

Heads have to roll.

That is what the Geelong compliant media are pushing for. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mo64 said:

If it's true, then his manager would be monitoring any trade discussions between us and the Cats. No point in making his request public until both parties are close to reaching an agreement. It would be embarrassing for Oliver if he declares he wants out, and a trade couldn't be finalised.

This is true but if a player is truely desperate to leave as has been reported then he can put us in a terrible spot by requesting a trade to the Cats

Publicly stating he wants to leave, will make it very hard for us to keep him. 

4 minutes ago, RedFox said:

They don't have two decent picks to offer. This years 1st Rounder will go to the Dogs for Smith, and a Future 1st will likely be a pick in the teens, an Future 2nd will likely be a pick in the 30s. 

There is no package of picks in their possession that will be sufficient. 

I’d imagine they’re busy trying to find picks as we speak. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I still think we’re holding him unless the Cats and his management can clear us of his salary and offer us 2 decent picks. It’s peanuts for him but this appears the current reality. 

What do you call decent? 

Struggle to see how they can satisfy both us and the bulldogs without shopping someone of theirs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DubDee said:

This is true but if a player is truely desperate to leave as has been reported then he can put us in a terrible spot by requesting a trade to the Cats

Publicly stating he wants to leave, will make it very hard for us to keep him. 

Tell that to GWS with Derksen.

• Like 3

I would take the f1 and a 2nd, at this point, as long as the Cats paid most of Oliver’s salary. Gotta be realistic.

Then we could some how try and get pick 9 with all our pics.

38 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

This is Matthew Lloyd, not Sam McClure for once.

At the end of a season doesn't every player clean out their locker? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, roy11 said:

What do you call decent? 

Struggle to see how they can satisfy both us and the bulldogs without shopping someone of theirs.

I’m vomiting in my mouth as I write this but Id take a F1 and a top 25 pick this year but we pay none of his salary

Edited by Roost it far
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2021 said:

I would take the f1 and a 2nd, at this point, as long as the Cats paid most of Oliver’s salary. Gotta be realistic.

Then we could some how try and get pick 9 with all our pics.

Not sure why we should pay any of it? I don't think that'd be easy to sell to the MFC supporter base.

If it's truly him who wants to go, the difference between what Geelong is prepared to pay him and what we were going to pay him should be written off by him.

• Like 2

If he is so desperate and filthy with club that he "cleaned out his locker" despite Melbourne FC declaring he wasn't up for trade, why would he go to the Best and Fairest? Doesn't make sense.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mo64 said:

Tell that to GWS with Derksen.

Derksen is not a superstar. The media pressure on us if we refuse Clarries wishes would be huge

A cynical mind might say that Clarry’s papers were stamped this time last year, but as his trade value was so low we elected to hold off, give him a season to show some form & recover some value in the market. Then you’d say maybe Geelong have seen through this and have chosen to attempt to combat the recovered value with the use of their media mates. In the end, he only goes (if he goes) for what we agree to, and not the media-driven consensus.

But don’t be surprised if you see me outside Kardinia Park driving a tek screw into Mackie’s tyres.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Pert will tell you what you want to believe and you'll take the bait like any other gullible fan does.

He's not going to tell cheer squad member the true depths of what's happening behind the scenes.

Believe it or not I have a lot more to do with the club than just being a cheersquad member.  But unlike others I'm not one to stand on top of the mountain and shout it out for all to hear.

• Clap 1

Just now, Mach5 said:

A cynical mind might say that Clarry’s papers were stamped this time last year, but as his trade value was so low we elected to hold off, give him a season to show some form & recover some value in the market. Then you’d say maybe Geelong have seen through this and have chosen to attempt to combat the recovered value with the use of their media mates. In the end, he only goes (if he goes) for what we agree to, and not the media-driven consensus.

But don’t be surprised if you see me outside Kardinia Park driving a tek screw into Mackie’s tyres.

His trade value was much higher last year than it is this year.

5 minutes ago, rufus said:

Not sure why we should pay any of it? I don't think that'd be easy to sell to the MFC supporter base.

If it's truly him who wants to go, the difference between what Geelong is prepared to pay him and what we were going to pay him should be written off by him.

100%

3 minutes ago, qwerty7 said:

If he is so desperate and filthy with club that he "cleaned out his locker" despite Melbourne FC declaring he wasn't up for trade, why would he go to the Best and Fairest? Doesn't make sense.

To be fair, any halfwit who thought leaving their club might be a distinct possibility in the off-season would clean out their locker ahead of time, to avoid the need to go back at any stage if it comes to fruition.

It’s not like they are big & time-consuming to “clean”. It’s not a warehouse.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I will back my source in…

Do share then

53 minutes ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Ask our Captain and Brayshaw what they think of the Media and then when you pick yourself up say to yourself these blokes who have worked pretty dam close to the snake's nest, really despise them.

And by the way, there are a lot of loyal people on here that aren't blind and their philosophy has always been trust but verify.

Well put.  Clarry even said in that podcast last week, "the media are full of [censored]".  Just like his mum did last night on Facebook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SthSea22 said:

Well, if he really wants out then let him go

SDK in return and a future first sounds fair if we take 50% of Clarry wage

We're a joke if we are prepared to be paying over half a million bucks for a bloke to play in Geeling every year till 2030. Not going to happen surely.

The first thing that needs to be covered off in any potential deal is to get rid of the salary. It'll be one thing to front the members and explain how our player management has seen the departure of popular players, but to also expect members to cop the idea that we'll be paying for the privilege of seeing them play somewhere else is a bridge too far.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KozzyCan said:

His trade value was much higher last year than it is this year.

Not convinced of that at all. But the media narrative is that he is worth less.

2 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Believe it or not I have a lot more to do with the club than just being a cheersquad member.  But unlike others I'm not one to stand on top of the mountain and shout it out for all to hear.

You're not on the club payroll.

Therefore you’re equal to any Joe Blow that supports this footy club. Expecting senior management officials to treat you any different is just an imagination in your mind.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1