Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

5 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

What a couple of weeks, we’re paying $24 for the premiership in 2025 (11th favourite).

That's shortened quite a bit. We were $51 and 15th about a week ago!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wrong.
Clarry was gassed by the Second Quarter. I don’t take any notice of the Brownlow

Rightio

The issue is nobody can tell me who we should have played instead. I’d take Clarry at 80% over any of the other options at 100

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

While I appreciate that there are posters on here who have ADD and other mental health issues

ADHD is not a mental health issue. It's neurological disorder. 

However, living with it can create mental health issues though equally, people with ADHD can enjoy perfect mental health in the right environment and with the right support.

• Like 4

Awkward live interview with Viney form the B and F and channel 10 news.

Reporter “(Oliver) met with Geelong, he clearly has some interest, have you spoken to him recently at all and what has he said?”

Viney “yeah I’ve spoken to Claz and at this time of year there’s always you know trade rumours and this kind of stuff and players meeting with other clubs so I spoke to Clazz and he’s you know, looking forward to umm…”

*looks awkwardly away to someone off camera

”..you know, I’m looking forward to him being part of the Melbourne Footy Club next year.”

Reporter “and you’re certain he is as well?”

Viney “I’m mean I’m not privy to list management decisions but my understanding is yeah, he’s a Melbourne Football player next year.”

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Yet had we made him continue to do a block of pre season training and made a statement after the Lorne incident with a multiple game ban as other clubs did with Stevie J, Heath Shaw and Michael Walters in the past we may well have

1. Got his fitness at a level which would have lasted for the remainder of the season 

2. Set a standard and message to the playing group that poor behaviour would not be tolerated 

3. Made a decision which didn’t cause division within the playing group over preferential treatment 

4. Long term view but we may not be in the current situation had we chosen action as opposed to talking tough

Whilst i agree he should have been made to work for his place in the team, the AFL has a culture of sweeping things under the carpet. Look at De Geoy, beating a man and forcibly touching a woman, spent time in NY jail. Punishment was zero games missing. Many stars have a different set of rules than their teammates. We are not alone here. 

7 minutes ago, Beetle said:

Awkward live interview with Viney form the B and F and channel 10 news.

Aren't interviews with Viney always awkward?

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Clap 4

6 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

Jack has spoken, end of story. 🫣

He didn’t answer in the most convincing fashion having to pause and change his words when saying “Clazz is looking forward to….you know I’m looking forward to”. We’ll know soon enough…

25 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

Rightio

The issue is nobody can tell me who we should have played instead. I’d take Clarry at 80% over any of the other options at 100

But he wasn’t ready in his mind or body

That’s the point. He needed serious work ethic and discipline to get himself right 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, picket fence said:

For CARRRYST SAKE HE PLAYED MOST OF THE SEASON WITH A BADLY BROKEN HAND!

I reckon you should be the MFC's Crisis Management Team

Meltdown Feels GIF

I've only recently discovered the GIF button. If you head over to the BnF thread I've posted my favourite so far.....although the crashing aeroplane remains a close second.

Edited by Roost it far
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Well what a backdown Morris just stated that Clayton Oliver is not going anywhere same as Kozzie.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

Just now, DeeZone said:

Well what a backdown Morris just stated that Clayton Oliver is not going anywhere same as Kozzie.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Morris is a bell end

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Whilst i agree he should have been made to work for his place in the team, the AFL has a culture of sweeping things under the carpet. Look at De Geoy, beating a man and forcibly touching a woman, spent time in NY jail. Punishment was zero games missing. Many stars have a different set of rules than their teammates. We are not alone here. 

And that was also a poor decision, probably why De Goey has also failed to reach his potential. And don’t think for a second the decision may yet come back to bite us.

Edited by Pennant St Dee
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Not all clubs.  This club went ok after this.  And then Stokes was suspended for 7 weeks.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/geelongs-johnson-suspended-indefinitely-20070109-gdp77a.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Watson11 said:

Not all clubs.  This club went ok after this.  And then Stokes was suspended for 7 weeks.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/geelongs-johnson-suspended-indefinitely-20070109-gdp77a.html

True. Not all clubs but quite of lot sweep things under the carpets in many sports 

Did stengle get suspended for his nightclub bender? genuine question 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

True. Not all clubs but quite of lot sweep things under the carpets in many sports 

Did stengle get suspended for his nightclub bender? genuine question 

There ware stories from the past of some big name VFL players being let out of gaol to play on Saturdays.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Morris reporting the board said no once they found out. 

So did the board not know, then found out, then intervened?

Who else at the club isn’t in the know or on the same page?

Another casual untruth from Tom to suit his narrative. 

you telling me the board only became aware of the Oliver situation today Tom?

lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Found out what exactly? Found out that we wouldn't be getting 2 first rounders for him?

Also hard to believe that the Board only "found out" in the last day or two when this has been going on for a week or more.

We'll never know the true story here, but I suspect that the only real reason this isn't going through is that we can't get Oliver's salary off our books plus a couple of decent picks. Could be wrong of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So did the board not know, then found out, then intervened?

Who else at the club isn’t in the know or on the same page?

Tom Morris that’s who stop casting around for Tom’s sources.!!!