PREGAME: Rd 18 vs Essendon

Exactly how I would have gone and how I thought we'd go.

Petty, JVR and Disco 10 minutes each per quarter.

Happy with this and excited to see how we go with it.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

No Listed Ruckman. What an absolute disgrace. 

For a club that has a Ruckman (as captain) to not even replace him is an embarrassment.

Edited by Doug Reemer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, sisso said:

“Interesting” selection to say the least…perhaps someone smarter than me can explain why going in with no ruckman is a good idea!?

Only thing I can think of is that we are going smaller and mobile. It makes us unpredictable etc... But unless it's going to be wet, can't work it out, unless Fullerton is injured he should be playing. I could understand thinking Verral is still too raw. But playing Petty in ruck, he'll get injured. JVR rucks really well for his height, but constantly worry he's going to get hurt in there too.

Makes no sense, and worse it sends a signal to the other talls at our club that the coaches don't rate you.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 1

10 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

so no recognised ruckman - brave, foolish, or both?

You have to agree Fullarton is NQR but hopefully this gives him the impetus to try for next week.

I have no idea how we are going to organise the ruckwork

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Diamond_Jim said:

You have to agree Fullarton is NQR but hopefully this gives him the impetus to try for next week.

I have no idea how we are going to organise the ruckwork

TBH you could tell at Goody's presser yesterday that Fullerton was not going to get called up.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, adonski said:

They should announce Will Verral's round 19 debut tonight

4-5 weeks ago he was definitely trending but injury seems to have slowed him. His big plus if he can get it working is his below the knees follow up work. Dare I call him a poor man's Luke J

• Like 2

No Fullerton and Verrell is genuinely surprising. Really don't want JVR in the ruck for large chunks of the game as he was superb in the forward line on Sunday.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Demon Jack
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, binman said:

A genuine question.

WCW's posts appear to really trigger and/or upset you.

Why don't you put HER on ignore.?

I was minding my own business and I see her post suggesting I bagged players? 

I called her out and asked me to provide evidence, which of course she didn't. 

I think that's fair enough, no? And she is now on ignore, so all will be well. 

Perhaps it's filtered into this forum over time, but it seems that those of us who have the capacity to go full spectrum with our view and opinions on the club are constantly shouted down. An opinion provided about a player 'missing too many targets' turns into 'bagging' said player. 

WCW is a fan. I'm a supporter.

This is a forum for all views. If she doesn't agree with something I have said, she can disagree and perhaps engage in a discussion as to why she disagrees. But she doesn't, she just calls me out for 'bagging' players. She's a fan. Same as Saty. 

Edited by middleagedemon
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3

10 minutes ago, Doug Reemer said:

No Listed Ruckman. What an absolute disgrace. 

For a club that has a Ruckman to not even replace him is an embarrassment.

It's clearly a joke selection . I'll wait to see the real team. Should be any minute now.

I had a level of confidence . Gone now.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Binmans PA said:

Exactly how I would have gone and how I thought we'd go.

Petty, JVR and Disco 10 minutes each per quarter.

Happy with this and excited to see how we go with it.

I can't say I thought we’d roll with no ruck, but 100% see the logic.

Disco took as many centre bounces as roo last week, so as you say those two and Petty can share ruck duties.

It's going to be a bit slippery, so that negates draper a bit. But also means less scoring and therefore less centre square bounces.

We can go to work on sharking draper exactly the same way opponents do to maxy. 

And most of all, neither verell or the fella whose name I know will misspell and face the wrath of the pedants deserve a call up on form.

Fullers has been underwhelming and if he was selected would likely offer not much more than running with petts, roo and disco.

And verell, who I have a lot of time for and think will make it, is not ready yet. Picking him won't give us much and might be unhelpful for his development. 

And if either verell or fullers was picked disco probably comes out.

There is an opportunity cost factor there, and goody has said he wants the three amigos in the team.

• Like 9
  • Clap 2
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, binman said:

A genuine question.

WCW's posts appear to really trigger and/or upset you.

Why don't you put HER on ignore.?

Binman put me on igmore.....he's loving the peace and quiet :)

• Haha 4

Pleasing to see the MFC selection commitee have been attending Grateful Dead concerts.

• Haha 1

Interested to see how this goes. Suggest the dees have seen the tactics employed by the likes of Bailey Williams on Max, and may roll out similar tactics for center bounce etc. Hope Petty and Disco do the lions share of the work because Roo needs to stay upfront kicking snags

• Like 7
  • Thinking 1

On 07/07/2024 at 17:48, YesitwasaWin4theAges said:

He's a reincarnation of Wheels (Matty Whelan) he has a dip the lad.

Part of our future, nothing gained from dropping him, he needs these games for development and adds run, foot skills and tackling pressure.

Random question, who was the better player? Matty Whelan or Neville Jetta? 

• Thinking 1