POSTGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

Demonland

3 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

Cmon he wasn’t tripped, he dived. Could see he had no options forward and didn’t want to turn it over, In hindsight if he wanted the boundary handball it of the Lions leg

That not true. Had two lose team mates in front of him, just had to bounce handball to them

He panicked

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

A lot of posts about the inaccuracy. Confident we would have lost on xScore too. Each of the fourth quarter misses was a shot that on average gets kicked less than 50% of the time. 

It’s still a problem, but in a game where our opponent was making the same sort of errors at the other end, I’m far more interested in our mindset, tactics and fitness. 

Our inaccuracy cost us our 2023 premiership campaign.

It is the story of this Melbourne era and we've done nothing in rectifying the issue.

Sums it all up.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 1858 said:

Petty 4.13 for the year now.

After kicking 12.1 last year, wtf has happened?

Technique gone? Mental? Both?

Killed us tonight.

As a team, 4 behinds in last two final quarters. What message are they getting at 3/4 time?

Maybe he has other things on his mind for next season like Jackson did in his last season with us. 

• Like 1

Most of us probably expected a 10 goal loss. We lost by 5 points to a good side interstate. We have so much to be proud of despite being equally devastated that the result didn’t go our way (thank you umpires). 

We’re a long way off sure but we played better in that second quarter than we for a long time. 

We deserved to win this game. 

I think we’re all feeling a bit like the North supporters after their last fortnight. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Dee*ceiving said:

I reckon he over balanced but I don't blame the umpire for paying it. 

There were several others though that were complete BS

No I don’t blame the umpire it was blatant deliberate. Although they could have squared up for the poor deliberate OOB call on Rivers in the second (only joking)

• Like 3

Gut wrenching. 

We have a massive issue with our mental weakness. How many games in the last couple of years have we been up in and had relatively easy shots at goal and haven’t taken the opportunities. 

That was a much improved performance with lots of youngsters but our fitness still not good enough. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

Thats the most gutted and upset I've been after any loss this year and its the proudest i've been of the boys effort in a fair while. 

The intensity and the dare and the will to crack in at the contest i thought was excellent. 

So frustrating that the game was for the most part officiated out of hands and very frustrating to go goaless in the last quarter but overall the game actually gives me hope going forward. 

• Like 5

Proud of the boys tonight. I’d say goals win games, and they do, but the Lions had +5 scoring shots & deserved to win. Patchy umpiring but it’s not why we lost. Ran out of legs, shut down too early. 2.8 in 2nd half (no goals in Q4). That’s not good enough. But we showed signs of life, and that’s something. If we can play with that pressure we can fight for finals then who knows? There’s hope. 

Onwards 💙❤️

• Like 3

Most of us probably expected a 10 goal loss at the first bounce.

We lost by 5 points to a good side interstate.

We have so much to be proud of despite being equally devastated that the result didn’t go our way (thank you umpires). 

We’re a way off our consistent best but we played better in that second quarter than we have for a long time. 

We deserved to win this game. So many players stepped up big time for us. 

I think we’re all feeling a bit like the North supporters after their last fortnight. 

Edited by OhMyDees
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pennant St Dee said:

You really actually have no idea, Fritta who I have been critical of recently played a very solid team game tonight and played as a defensive forward on Andrews.

And you claim you coached

Sweet Jesus 

U have no idea role of a forward IS TO KICK GOALS [censored]

Edited by picket fence
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, 1858 said:

Petty 4.13 for the year now.

After kicking 12.1 last year, wtf has happened?

Technique gone? Mental? Both?

Killed us tonight.

As a team, 4 behinds in last two final quarters. What message are they getting at 3/4 time?

Forward line coach obviously isn't helping him out a lot

Just now, layzie said:

Can the misses in the last quarter be simply down to fatigue? We were really run off our legs and couldn't lock it in 50 for long enough.

Possibly. We’re a young side but it’s concerning that two weeks in a row post-bye we’ve hit a wall late and let our opponent back in. 

But even with the fitness and inaccuracy issues we had enough opportunity late to work it out and win it. The entire last 15 minutes was problematic after 2.5 quarters of doing a hell of a lot right. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

A good effort when we all thought we will get owned. I was happy with our midfield performance in particular. We smashed them in contested possessions and won the clearances which is a great sign without Trac and Salem. 

But bitterly disappointing to once again [censored] the bed in front of goal. It’s cost us games, finals and probably another premiership and it’s infuriating.

Also a massive massive [censored] you to the AFL and the absolute hacks they employ to umpire our game. That Rivers goal should never have been disallowed. They absolutely cost us a win tonight and if we were a club that stood for anything we would question this one sided display. But we won’t. And so continues the endless cycle of [censored] umpiring costing teams games. 

2024 can get in the goddamn bin. 

PS- great game from AMW!

PPS- all you Clarry detractors can eat my shorts

Lodged a complaint with the integrity department for Sh'ts and giggles, I dont' watch any other games anymore as the officiating is so bad its unwatchable. The issue was just the inconsistency of the rules, they didn't necessarily get a heap of dodgy frees, but they got 50/50's whereas we got none of those.

What is your report type?
DISCRIMINATION/VILIFICATION

Report Type *

Select at least one of the following: *
  • Disability
  • Gender Identity
  • Nationality/Ethnic Origin
  • Race/Colour
  • Religion/Spirituality
  • Sexuality
  • Other, for example; body shaming, mental health etc

Who was involved?
Please provide as much detail as possible. This may include name, contact details, date of birth, address, etc. If there are multiple people, list each one separately.
Description of involved person(s)

Matt Stevic (9), Andrew Stephens (12), Nathan Williamson (22), Cameron Dore (28)

Clear discrimination against a side in light blue and Red and favouritism to Maroon and gold, similar to their gold colour. Evidence by the sheer favouritism and different interpretation of what is a mark, what is holding the ball and many other items, where only light blue and red people got punished and then in the next breath an identical behaviour by maroon and gold people was unpunished. This occurred on Friday night at the Woollongabba oval in Brisbane. I do think that the umpires may need to have their bank accounts and TAB/Sportsbet account (the most important item for the comp judging by the number of advertisements) and those of their wives and family looked into also.

Have you reported this to anyone else?
For example, another organisation or government agency

Yes
PoliceName *

What outcome are you seeking?

The banning of the yellow people from involvement in sport.

Is there any other information you would like to provide?

The evidence is available on Kayo

• Haha 5
  • Clap 2

A Farcical League.

Too many games being decided by incompetent umpiring decisions.

Steven May mark in the last quarter not paid. If it was correctly paid (see mark paid to Oscar McInerney earlier in the game) then we win the game.

If Trent Rivers changed his name to Harley Reid or Nick Daicos then his goal would have not been disallowed. We win the game.

A Melbourne player is penalised for running more than 15 meters (see above), yet marks are continually paid to Brisbane for kicks that travel less then 15 metres.

Collingwood were gifted the Preliminary final last year when the umpires ignored a number of high contact free kicks to GWS in the last few minutes of the game.

The executive general manager of football came out after the game and said umpires are not going to pay free kicks that are not there.

Despite these worrying signs I made a conscious decision to give A Farcical League one more season, but the pace of decline has only accelerated this year.

A fish rots from the head, and the game stinks. No longer worth investing any time/money/effort in it.

RIP AFL.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Gorgoroth said:

May kicking out long and to the left every [censored] time is the [censored] dumbest [censored] [censored] I’ve had to [censored] sit through every [censored] week.

So how do you really feel?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

That not true. Had two lose team mates in front of him, just had to bounce handball to them

He panicked

They were behind Brisbane players and one of them was Daniher he baulked but they corralled him well didn’t over commit.

Throughout the game it’s the small things not just that moment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

Agree on the may kick ins. The centre square is always empty , wish someone would run into it and May kicked to them 

That would require the coach to think of something different on the kick ins and I think that’s just too much of a stretch for him. Has his plans and sticks to him even though it doesn’t always work.  Very frustrating. 

Edited by DemonOX

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Our inaccuracy cost us our 2023 premiership campaign.

It is the story of this Melbourne era and we've done nothing in rectifying the issue.

Sums it all up.

It is an issue, clearly, but all I’m saying is that I don’t think it was the biggest one when Brisbane kicked 11.20. Unlike the two finals last year where we had more scoring shots, inaccuracy wasn’t the big problem with us shutting down in the last quarter IMO.

• Like 3