PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

In: Lever

Out: Tomlinson

I think Windsor needs a rest though I'm not a huge fan of Billings who would be the obvious replacement. Chandler laid some tackles today but not convinced he's doing enough otherwise. Hope Tholstrup stays in, unsure about Brown retaining his spot against an inform Lions squad.

Interested to see if anyone can demand selection at Casey tomorrow. I'm hoping McAdam lights it up.

11 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

The logic may be there but the same post would have been made about Hawthorn a month ago, the week prior to them beating Brisbane.

Agreed. When Brisbane were at their Lowest point in years. They are a completely different team in the past 5 weeks and will finish top 4 in my opinion.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

So you would prefer that our captain, whilst still on the field, criticises his teammate, who we all know is trying hard to clean his life up and come back from a poor pre-season, because he couldn’t shake a tag?

Yet every chance you get you complain about our club’s culture being broken?

[censored] me. 

Honestly mate, get a grip. 

The fact that Oliver is even playing tells you the culture is broken. If you watched him tonight - really watched him, he behaved like a petulant little kid. I don't care that he can't shake a tag. North were a man down simply because Clarry is who he is. 

But there was a centre bounce in the 3rd where Claz genuinely ignored the entire contest just to beeline someone and take them out. Imagine one of your three centre bounce mids not even watching the game. His head was NOWHERE NEAR the game, his team or his role. Nowhere near it. 

He shouldn't be playing - it's not serving the team and more importantly, it's not serving him. 

I don't expect Max to publicly criticise him, and nowhere in my comment did I say that he should have, and you shouldn't put words in my mouth. 

There were a million different ways he could have responded, and while criticism wasn't the way, neither was needless praise. It doesn't help Clarry and it doesn't help the team. 

There was nothing selfless about what Clarry did tonight, and Max is blowing smoke up your [censored] and taking everyone for fools in suggesting it was. 

We all love his humour - but he uses his charm to BS us all too. 

But go on - laud them all and everything they do while throwing it back on the supporters for apparently being weak as [censored] and not showing up.

What's weak as [censored] is continuing to play a guy focused on anything other than football while telling everyone you run a high performance environment with the best culture seen in 30 years.

What's weak as [censored] is lying to your supporters and walking past standards you say you don't accept. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 5
  • Thinking 3

We have opened up at $4.35 for next week. Can’t remember the last time we were such underdogs.

Bring it on i say.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

6 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

The fact that Oliver is even playing tells you the culture is broken. If you watched him tonight - really watched him, he behaved like a petulant little kid. I don't care that he can't shake a tag. North were a man down simply because Clarry is who he is. 

But there was a centre bounce in the 3rd where Claz genuinely ignored the entire contest just to beeline someone and take them out. Imagine one of your three centre bounce mids not even watching the game. His head was NOWHERE NEAR the game, his team or his role. Nowhere near it. 

He shouldn't be playing - it's not serving the team and more importantly, it's not serving him. 

I don't expect Max to publicly criticise him, and nowhere in my comment did I say that he should have, and you shouldn't put words in my mouth. 

There were a million different ways he could have responded, and while criticism wasn't the way, neither was needless praise. It doesn't help Clarry and it doesn't help the team. 

There was nothing selfless about what Clarry did tonight, and Max is blowing smoke up your [censored] and taking everyone for fools in suggesting it was. 

But go on - laud them all and everything they do while throwing it back on the supporters for apparently being weak as [censored] and not showing up.

What's weak as [censored] is continuing to play a guy focused on anything other than football while telling everyone you run a high performance environment with the best culture seen in 30 years.

What's weak as [censored] is lying to your supporters and walking past standards you say you don't accept. 

Nah mate. 

You’re the one who’s weak as [censored]. 

• Clap 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, whatwhat say what said:

in: lever
out: tomlinson

i would be very tempted to start pup brown and have chandler as the sub - tbh, it's what i would have done this evening

Tomlinson always the fall guy. Thought he was ok tonight. For me Howes is a fair way off atm lacking physicality and intensity. If Lever is fit play Tomlinson a little further up the ground. Howes back at Casey. A fit Lever's inclusion changes things. Some boys with a chance to put their hands up at Casey tomorrow. Love McAdam to kick a bag. Surely Windsor needs to be managed.Lions very difficult but Port were absolute witches hats today. North would have beaten them handsomely.  I'm hopeful rather than confident. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Nah mate. 

You’re the one who’s weak as [censored]. 

Yep. You put words in my mouth and have a crack at the supporters but I'm weak as [censored].  

Keep blaming the fans - much easier for your pea heart to take isn't it

3 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Tomlinson always the fall guy. Thought he was ok tonight. 

after watching him get out-bodied and out-positioned by smaller opponents, the final straw for me tonight was i think in the last quarter where they were on the break and he had the choice - go to the contest or stick with his man, and instead he dithered - something he does all too regularly - and failed to impact the contest and got caught in no man's land so that his direct opponent was able to be goal side with no oppo near him

he's one of the dumbest and most frustrating footballers i've seen since frost played for us, and i think he's actually worse as a player 1:1, which is a key requisite for a key defender

he has some positives - he gives his all and you can't fault his desire, and he can definitely kick it long to a contest / no one in particular down the line...

and obviously i'm being facetious with the last comment, but i just don't trust him to do the basics right, let alone some of non-negotiables of what would make us a decent side

i wouldn't ever have him and may in the same 23 if possible

• Like 1

North played well, really well.

in lever, sestan

Out, Bowery, Chin

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Wah wah wah, just shut up.

• Clap 2

A lot of passengers at the moment. Chin, Bowey, howes. Windsor's form has tailed off badly. but you can't drop half the team.

Bring back Lever for Tomlinson.

And I reckon Kynan Brown deserves a full game instead of Chin. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluey said:

North played well, really well.

in lever, sestan

Out, Bowery, Chin

'Boy Bowery'? TBH I reckon he had a poor game and was reluctant to make physical contact.  Chin didnt have a good game either but at least he gives some forward pressure.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, BDA said:

A lot of passengers at the moment. Chin, Bowey, howes. Windsor's form has tailed off badly. but you can't drop half the team.

Bring back Lever for Tomlinson.

And I reckon Kynan Brown deserves a full game instead of Chin. 

We have a real problem with Bowey IMO. Having finally pushed Rivers into the middle, we need Bowey’s foot skills in the backline but he’s just right off at the moment at the contest so he’s struggling to get involved. 13 touches, no tackles. We need a lot more from him in the new, Riv is a mid, world.

I’m confident Chandler keeps getting games due to his defensive pressure. 8 tackles last night and I’d guess a decent pressure rating too. Same reason I think Windsor’s safe, he had 6 tackles and just keeps on presenting. Sadly, Fritsch is another out of form player who, unlike these two, doesn’t have work rate or defensive effort to fall back on.

• Like 12
  • Clap 1

8 hours ago, fr_ap said:

Yep. You put words in my mouth and have a crack at the supporters but I'm weak as [censored].  

Keep blaming the fans - much easier for your pea heart to take isn't it

Now now boys,play nice

• Haha 1

I've searched far and wide for positives against Brisbane and here it is:

In the last three weeks, Brisbane smashed the dogs and port away. In between, they came home and stank it up against the saints and narrowly escaped with the win. If we bring the pressure, we can serve it up to the lions. Go Dees!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

In the last three weeks, Brisbane smashed the dogs and port away. In between, they came home and stank it up against the saints and narrowly escaped with the win. If we bring the pressure, we can serve it up to the lions. Go Dees!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Phil C said:

Could get real ugly….

Well....it got a bit of a headstart last night.  Hardly pretty.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Roger Mellie said:

Love ya work, RM 🤙

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Any chance we can arrange for the lights to go out ???

Asking for a friend...   ( shhhh Simon...  I'm asking them.... ) 

• Haha 1

Agreed on Bowey, the foot skills and decision making are not up to standard at present. 

Out: Bowey, Tomlinson

In: AMW, Lever 

Keen to see if anyone stands out at Casey today, Sestan and AMW must know their time is coming soon

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1