Jai Serong - 21 year old Hawks key defender. Hawks going hard for Barass and Battle also joining them.

With Tommo likely gone, TMAC with 1 year maximum left, Hore not quite at AFL standard, Jed Adam's still developing, he may be worth a look.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

14 hours ago, Nascent said:

Wouldn't mind if we had a look at Seamus Mitchell from the Hawks who finds himself out of the team currently. Small defender with exceptional pace and impressed me on the limited times I've seen him play. Had some injury concerns early in his career but seems over it now and has played 24 games over the past two seasons. 22yrs old so a good age to come in and impact with some development behind him. Contracted until next year however.

Same goes for Jai Serong, thought he was best on for the Hawks yesterday. Good package of size, skills, athleticism, ball winning off half back. 

Going to be very hard to break in to the Hawks backline once they add Battle and Barrass, and possibly Perryman on the wing. 

They might be willing to move one of those depth pieces a year early given they won’t be able to keep them once they sit in the vfl for another year.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

I think our main priority is to pick up a ruckman like Fort or Moyle.

If we could get a few depth midfielders like Robertson or Brodie that would be a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Moyle signed on with the Sun not long ago unfortunately. Wouldn’t mind Bryan from Essendon.

I hope we go hard for Peating. Would give us some much needed change in the middle.

I still think we need a small forward as Chandler is more a defensive small forward. Pickett spends some time in the middle or is having an off night and then we are left with no small… Malcolm Rosas for me is gettable. Matt Owies would be good but I can’t see him leaving. 

I low key like the look of Reef McInnes. 
Do we take a punt on someone like Nick Hind to add some speed? 

I think Will Brodie or Ben Hobbs are good Options. Do we also take a shot at Brandon Parfitt or Will Phillips?

Although 95% of these players are not my ideal trade ins I’m trying to be realistic but still think they can add something to our list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Demongirl35 said:

Moyle signed on with the Sun not long ago unfortunately. Wouldn’t mind Bryan from Essendon.

I hope we go hard for Peating. Would give us some much needed change in the middle.

I still think we need a small forward as Chandler is more a defensive small forward. Pickett spends some time in the middle or is having an off night and then we are left with no small… Malcolm Rosas for me is gettable. Matt Owies would be good but I can’t see him leaving. 

I low key like the look of Reef McInnes. 
Do we take a punt on someone like Nick Hind to add some speed? 

I think Will Brodie or Ben Hobbs are good Options. Do we also take a shot at Brandon Parfitt or Will Phillips?

Although 95% of these players are not my ideal trade ins I’m trying to be realistic but still think they can add something to our list.

If they’re not your ideal trade then they are not worth pursuing. Better to find a young recruit and try to develop his talent.

• Like 5

Speedy mids with skill in the draft and speedy mids at trade.

I’m not fussed if we recruit good VFL players because our Casey team is putrid, it’s still helping our young kids by improving that side as well

Edited by BW511
  • Like 4

Peter Wright as a forward/ruckman type to give Gawn a decent chop out instead of throwing JVR in there.

James Peatling for more midfield talent. After seeing him monster Clayton Oliver around the stoppages against GWS I want this kid big time.

Malcolm Rosas for more half forward offence and speed inside 50. I don't particularly rate Chandler all that highly and I think Rosas could easily be our Jack Ginnavin for next year if given a fresh start with a brand new offensive game plan.

Will Brodie, Alex Davies and even Ben Hobbs for added midfield depth.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Peter Wright as a forward/ruckman type to give Gawn a decent chop out instead of throwing JVR in there.

James Peatling for more midfield talent. After seeing him monster Clayton Oliver around the stoppages against GWS I want this kid big time.

Malcolm Rosas for more half forward offence and speed inside 50. I don't particularly rate Chandler all that highly and I think Rosas could easily be our Jack Ginnavin for next year if given a fresh start with a brand new offensive game plan.

Will Brodie, Alex Davies and even Ben Hobbs for added midfield depth.

Don't think any of these players are on the trade table. Wright was on the outer towards the end of last year but 50+ goals and a bnf in 2022 don't think the bombers would just let him go for nothing .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bates Mate said:

Don't think any of these players are on the trade table. Wright was on the outer towards the end of last year but 50+ goals and a bnf in 2022 don't think the bombers would just let him go for nothing .

Perhaps that is why this topic is a “Wishlist”.

• Like 1

Mac Andrew every day of the week for me. Can’t think of a player that would dovetail any better with Max. Can play back, ruck and forward. Didn’t have his best game against us but he going to be a star. The $12m over 5 years is just his agent trying to hype him up. 
Def need mids Peatling and Brodie would be very welcome too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm coming around slightly on the Brodie idea. At very worst he provides much needed depth, a luxury we probably didn't value as much until it was gone. 

If the deal was cheap I'd say go for it. 

I finally get to post a vague 'in the know' post like this, but hearing Richmond might be his destination. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

On 31/08/2024 at 16:11, Roost it far said:

Rivers potential as a mid looks sound, McVee is nowhere near ready and is so accomplished at HB you’re robbing Peter to pay Paul. Tholstrup is also a fair way off. He has some solid attributes but he’s got a long long way to go. We desperately need Oliver’s best back to be the extractor along with Viney. We simply must get 2 “Windsor” level mids through the door this draft period. 

Yep 2 Windsors would be amazing. We will hopefully get another decent pick for ANB after he finishes high in the B&F. 

Agree somewhat on Tholsltrop, he has some clever attributes and will be good in heavy traffic, and is a competitor. but he was off the pace and thats ok you can learn that. I forgot how many times Nathan Jones was caught in his first couple of years but he learnt it slowly but surely. 

• Like 3

I'm not a fan of getting Will Brodie because I see him being another Luke Dunstan. He'll dominate in the VFL but will get overlooked for selection even when we have injuries to our on-ballers. Would much rather spend the cash on Peatling or draft pick on Hobbs, who still have upside.

My biggest concern is Alan Richardson coming out and saying our list profile needs to get older rather than younger. This gives me vibes of getting the next Hunter, Billings or Hore. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, mo64 said:

I'm not a fan of getting Will Brodie because I see him being another Luke Dunstan. He'll dominate in the VFL but will get overlooked for selection even when we have injuries to our on-ballers. Would much rather spend the cash on Peatling or draft pick on Hobbs, who still have upside.

My biggest concern is Alan Richardson coming out and saying our list profile needs to get older rather than younger. This gives me vibes of getting the next Hunter, Billings or Hore. 

The thing is we need another Dunstan who can make Casey competitive again. If we want our younger players to improve while at Casey we need to play to a decent standard and similar game still to the first. 
Brodies racking up great number in the WAFL. I see it as him and Sparrow competing for same spot. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

I think our main priority is to pick up a ruckman like Fort or Moyle.

If we could get a few depth midfielders like Robertson or Brodie that would be a bonus.

Is Deven Robertson contracted to end 2025? I think so.  He was courted by the Eagles but stayed at Brisbane.  I’m sure Eagles might try again - though they have Reid, Ginbey, Hewitt and will add pick 3 midfielder this year most likely so could be already setup with next gen mids.  

• Like 1