Trade Targets 2025

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211848/carlton-blues-mr-reliable-matt-kennedy-on-ever-changing-roles-pre-season-goals-bringing-the-joy/amp

I’d be a Yes to Matt Kennedy. Versatile.  Contested ball player.  Can actually negate opposition mids which we fail to do.  Contracted to end 2025 and popular clubman so imv highly unlikely to depart.  

Edited by spirit of norm smith
G
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211848/carlton-blues-mr-reliable-matt-kennedy-on-ever-changing-roles-pre-season-goals-bringing-the-joy/amp

I’d be a Yes to Matt Kennedy. Versatile.  Contested ball player.  Can actually negate opposition mids which we fail to do.  Contracted to end 2025 and popular clubman so imv highly unlikely to depart.  

He looked pretty angry yesterday and I think he could be gettable.

• Like 2

On 03/09/2024 at 07:25, Demongirl35 said:

Moyle signed on with the Sun not long ago unfortunately. Wouldn’t mind Bryan from Essendon.

I hope we go hard for Peating. Would give us some much needed change in the middle.

I still think we need a small forward as Chandler is more a defensive small forward. Pickett spends some time in the middle or is having an off night and then we are left with no small… Malcolm Rosas for me is gettable. Matt Owies would be good but I can’t see him leaving. 

I low key like the look of Reef McInnes. 
Do we take a punt on someone like Nick Hind to add some speed? 

I think Will Brodie or Ben Hobbs are good Options. Do we also take a shot at Brandon Parfitt or Will Phillips?

Although 95% of these players are not my ideal trade ins I’m trying to be realistic but still think they can add something to our list.

Nick Hind whilst speedy isn't going to add quality to our list. He would clog it further.

• Like 3

pass on matt kennedy - he's not quick and his kicking too regularly fails to hit targets; we don't need more midfield bulls, we need players who can actually hit targets by foot and be damaging with ball in hand

nick hind has been delisted by the peptides because he's in that 'too good for vfl, not consistent enough for afl' nexus zone of stringing 100 odd games together over the course of seven seasons at two clubs without ever cementing a role and being the selected sub for the majority of the last two seasons

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

pass on matt kennedy - he's not quick and his kicking too regularly fails to hit targets; we don't need more midfield bulls, we need players who can actually hit targets by foot and be damaging with ball in hand

nick hind has been delisted by the peptides because he's in that 'too good for vfl, not consistent enough for afl' nexus zone of stringing 100 odd games together over the course of seven seasons at two clubs without ever cementing a role and being the selected sub for the majority of the last two seasons

If you think Kennedy's kicking "too regularly fails to hit targets", but you think Nick Hind is an option, I don't know what you're seeing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Melonmonster said:

Is there any chance we can get Fin Callaghan !? Best mates with Blake Howes ….

We would need to rob the bank … I mean keep $1million aside a year for the salary cap.  6 years and $6million would his price.  GWS would demand 2x first round picks. 

• Sad 1

On 06/09/2024 at 13:46, spirit of norm smith said:

Just bumping this for discussion 

Question… would Parfitt be a possible replacement for ANB as a half forward? 🤔🤔 presume Cats prefer others and he might see better opportunities with MFC. Query is why is he only playing half the year and in/out senior team. Due diligence obviously!!! Future 3rd round pick 🤨

CAT TO LEAVE... BUT NEW HOME UNCERTAIN

Geelong onballer Brandan Parfitt is expected to leave the Cattery at season’s end, but whether he locates a new home isn’t certain. 

The 26-year-old has played 130 games since debuting in 2017 and was a part of Geelong’s 2022 premiership after being called up late for an injured Max Holmes, and he is eligible for unrestricted free agency this year. 

Parfitt has managed just nine senior games in each of the past two seasons and reportedly doesn’t have a contract offer on the tablefrom the Cats. 

However, while a departure seems imminent, a destination for Parfitt is less clear. 

“He looked for a new home,” Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph told Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackleon Tuesday night, before reeling off a couple of potential landing spots. 

“Melbourne wants to bring in experienced midfielders, West Coast is open to free agents like him and Jack Graham.

No brainer we go after him

Offers us that crisp disposal we are lacking 

Targets:

#1 - Houston (Need his ball use and drive off the HB)

#2 - Parfitt (Mid who can use the ball, play forward also)

#3 - Macrae (Experienced Mid who can gather the pill)

#4 - Lynch (Simply need a #1 target)

#5 - Ladhams (Backup Ruck)

#6 - Membrey (If cheap why not)

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Targets:

Happy with most of these but a definite no to Macrae.  The bloke is way to slow, can’t kick and will not improve us 

47 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Targets:

Im conflicted going after b-graders from other clubs (ex Houston obviously). Houston is the only one here i'd entertain, but he'd cost us too much. if we are looking to recruit into the VFL for depth, these players will not come to Melbourne, when they can play VFL at their existing clubs. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SthSea22 said:

Targets:

houston would suit us to a tee, i think, but seemingly he's ruled himself out of leaving...let's see if that holds til the end of the trade period

i just don't see parfitt and macrae in our best side but i imagine the former will be be available as a delisted free agent and the latter a late pick if yr prepared to pick up his entire salary; issue being that they're not that quick and their skills are mediocre at best - with the game moving from 'contest and defence' to 'skill and speed' they simply don't suit the transition game that we want to execute and wouldn't be in our best side if we maintain the style that saw us be successful

lynch is on huge money for the next few years, and his body has let him down for the last several years; caveat emptor indeed

ladhams will struggle to be on an afl list in 2025, while membrey might be a shot for us but does another mid-sized forward target actually improve us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SthSea22 said:

No brainer we go after him

Offers us that crisp disposal we are lacking 

Parfitt? He’s a shocking kid. At his best he’s a lesser version of Viney, but he hasn’t been at his best for a while.

Frankly I think he’s had injuries because he’s a bit tubby. He’d have to ditch the spare tyre before I’d sign him. 

1 hour ago, SthSea22 said:

Targets:

I’d feel pretty confident about our ability to win the 2018 grand final if we bought in those guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Parfitt? He’s a shocking kid. At his best he’s a lesser version of Viney, but he hasn’t been at his best for a while.

Frankly I think he’s had injuries because he’s a bit tubby. He’d have to ditch the spare tyre before I’d sign him. 

LOL

Ridiculous assessment

He is on par with Trac for disposal efficiency over career

If he is tubby, what is Oliver?

• Like 2
  • Clap 1