Maynard unscathed

2 minutes ago, dimmy said:

I was one who thought that Maynard could get his come uppance, but what does it serve. If someone had fixed him up today they would have been missing for 4 weeks (the rules have changed !!). Tracc showed he is respectful of the traditions of the game .

Secondly Football is a game (albeit a serious one at this level) but  NOT a WAR !!! Let us get things in perspective.

P.S. Gus was my favourite player, and I feel for how his life has changed.

Sorry mate, but IT IS A WAR, and one which we are losing!!

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 4
  • Vomit 1

3 hours ago, layzie said:

It's not a WWE storyline though Deever. It's not about a guy that needs to get their comeuppance and the ratings shooting up. We needed to win the football game today that's what I wss hell bent about. Not spilling Maynard's blood all over the G.

Now if you can let him know you're there with a bump here and there then yes I'm probably with you but can you imagine how stupid we'd look if we flew the flag and still lost? 

You've clearly never played competitive sports mate. It is about making a stand, showing you won't be [censored] with, and standing up to someone. It either distracts, imparts fear, sparks aggression, or makes them think twice next time, all of which are valuable tools in sport. It's a highly emotional game and the emotional state of players and fans can and often does influence the outcome. 

If you drink the Kool aid from the club that 'picking each other up off the ground ' or 'not making fun of each other's builds connection, then moments like these are 10x more powerful. 

It isn't mutually exclusive either - those saying it wouldnt have helped or they'd rather focus on our shortcomings don't understand that this is one of them. 

It's beyond obvious the spirit of this group has been broken and they're going through the motions ignoring a coach preaching the only lessons he's ever given. 

I was disgusted, embarrassed and downright sad that no one at least stood up for Gus or the fans. 

Let's hope Maynard never gets another premiership medal - I take solace in the fact that this Coll group have the same number as us - 1.

And I know which one was more convincing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Well I have been going for a Loooong time, but after todays insipid effort and that of the last 4 weeks and the coach banging on about "Learnings, Culture, Strong Response, after today I won't attend another game, Why?? because we do not back up our words with Deeds and this is as bad as the Bailey years, Neeld years and even further back 70 and 71!! Im also over Goodwin and his "We're Hurting" Pigs [censored], we are as soft and vanilla as they come. Oh and sorry landers no more P.F Training reports sorry. Really disgusted today!

Seething that this thug was allowed a free reign and continued to bully us Shame MFC , SHAME!!

Right behind you PF.

Horrible showing from some of the so called leaders today.

I can only assume this soft woke messaging or similar was endorsed and/or given the nod / spruked by Simon.

I hope not.  I'm not expecting a blood bath either.  But if it was as soft as they demonstrated out there, especially with the rubbish hand shaking and chumying up after... then imo it's on your bike at season's end son and take Richo, Lamb & Stafford with you.

In a few months of footy, bar a few regular goers, we've seen this club reel  backwards.

Returning us to the realms of irrelevance.  A laughing stock once more.

Demons spirit!?  What a crock of shiiite.  Played like a bunch of faeries bar about six or so.

As much as i loved 2021 the talk since then is just that.  Talk.  They have taken their eyes off the prize & just gone through the motions and rested on their laurels thinking it would all just come together with a bit of this and a bit of that.

It doesn't work that way im afraid.  Anyone who thinks it will all just happen is doomed to failure at this level as any oppo who wants it more will eventually catch you out.

Goodwin has not helped with his inability / unwillingness to drop his favs and give Casey up and comers a fair shot at it.  And no, subbing them in and out again then back to Casey the next week is not a fair go.

Complacency comes at a cost!  We have now witnessed the results of at least 18 months of complacency as well as poor list management since the flag, rip us a new one and send us tumbling out of top four, top eight and now down in the boon docks with the also rans.

Soft as butter and i can't see myself going to watch this crappola from here. 

Unwatcheable joke fest bruise free footy.

Maybe they'll play better with a covid 'no or low crowd' type atmosphere!

P.S.  Goodwin has been unable to get the edge over the Pies in 8 or so seasons of footy and finds brand new ways of losing to them almost every time.  Even in our flag year we lost to them when they were having an ordinary run!

If you're devoid of answers and can't motivate a team that had everything to play for today against a team full of secondary players and missing so many guns, its time to move on and give someone else the reigns.

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

You've clearly never played competitive sports mate. It is about making a stand, showing you won't be [censored] with, and standing up to someone. It either distracts, imparts fear, sparks aggression, or makes them think twice next time, all of which are valuable tools in sport. It's a highly emotional game and the emotional state of players and fans can and often does influence the outcome. 

If you drink the Kool aid from the club that 'picking each other up off the ground ' or 'not making fun of each other's builds connection, then moments like these are 10x more powerful. 

It isn't mutually exclusive either - those saying it wouldnt have helped or they'd rather focus on our shortcomings don't understand that this is one of them. 

It's beyond obvious the spirit of this group has been broken and they're going through the motions ignoring a coach preaching the only lessons he's ever given. 

I was disgusted, embarrassed and downright sad that no one at least stood up for Gus or the fans. 

Let's hope Maynard never gets another premiership medal - I take solace in the fact that this Coll group have the same number as us - 1.

And I know which one was more convincing. 

You've clearly never played competitive sports if you still think square ups in this day and age matter. 

This club just came off the worst loss we've had in years and the answer was apparently to lose sight of what needed to be done today for the sake of a [censored] square up? Get real.

I've never been a fan of picking opposition players up off the ground, I want to be competitive and flying the flag can be important at times but save your dinosaur BS for the stone age and maybe check yourself into a nursing home if you still think this is the way to win football games. How the hell would today have been any better if we lost and roughed him up? Seriously?

Staying out of this thread now. You can all fight over it to your heart's content, or start following bare knuckle boxing if you want to see a fight that bad.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Right behind you PF.

Horrible showing from some of the so called leaders today.

I can only assume this soft woke messaging or similar was endorsed and/or given the nod / spruked by Simon.

I hope not.  I'm not expecting a blood bath either.  But if it was as soft as they demonstrated out there, especially with the rubbish hand shaking and chumying up after... then imo it's on your bike at season's end son and take Richo, Lamb & Stafford with you.

In a few months of footy, bar a few regular goers, we've seen this club reel  backwards.

Returning us to the realms of irrelevance.  A laughing stock once more.

Demons spirit!?  What a crock of shiiite.  Played like a bunch of faeries bar about six or so.

As much as i loved 2021 the talk since then is just that.  Talk.  They have taken their eyes off the prize & just gone through the motions and rested on their laurels thinking it would all just come together with a bit of this and a bit of that.

It doesn't work that way im afraid.  Anyone who thinks it will all just happen is doomed to failure at this level as any oppo who wants it more will eventually catch you out.

Goodwin has not helped with his inability / unwillingness to drop his favs and give Casey up and comers a fair shot at it.  And no, subbing them in and out again then back to Casey the next week is not a fair go.

Complacency comes at a cost!  We have now witnessed the results of at least 18 months of complacency as well as poor list management since the flag, rip us a new one and send us tumbling out of top four, top eight and now down in the boon docks with the also rans.

Soft as butter and i can't see myself going to watch this crappola from here. 

Unwatcheable joke fest bruise free footy.

Maybe they'll play better with a covid 'no or low crowd' type atmosphere!

P.S.  Goodwin has been unable to get the edge over the Pies in 8 or so seasons of footy and finds brand new ways of losing to them almost every time.  Even in our flag year we lost to them when they were having an ordinary run!

If you're devoid of answers and can't motivate a team that had everything to play for today against a team full of secondary players and missing so many guns, its time to move on and give someone else the reigns.

Nailed it 

4 hours ago, layzie said:

Leave it alone. The goal was to win today not to take Maynard out.

If people want to rip their memberships up over this then they can [censored] off

Good Onya Layzie, l for one would’ve preferred the 4 points, this Maynard rubbish has been going on for 9 months.

Big tough supporters who don’t even go to the game because their feelings were hurt during the 23 finals campaign, complaining, there’s the soft underbelly 

Edited by Billy
Spelling
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

You've clearly never played competitive sports if you still think square ups in this day and age matter. 

This club just came off the worst loss we've had in years and the answer was apparently to lose sight of what needed to be done today for the sake of a [censored] square up? Get real.

I've never been a fan of picking opposition players up off the ground, I want to be competitive and flying the flag can be important at times but save your dinosaur BS for the stone age and maybe check yourself into a nursing home if you still think this is the way to win football games. How the hell would today have been any better if we lost and roughed him up? Seriously?

Staying out of this thread now. You can all fight over it to your heart's content, or start following bare knuckle boxing if you want to see a fight that bad.

Square ups do and will always matter. They matter at all levels of sports and can literally change the outcomes of games. I've dished it out and been on the receiving end myself, so I know what I'm talking about. 

ESPECIALLY when coming off the worst loss in years and down on confidence - bring some aggression and get on the front foot. If the ball isn't bouncing for you, channel it into something else, as a team, getting behind a common purpose etc. 

You can disagree, that's fine. But you're just wrong mate. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t really care about the square up. Maynard still bumps first, as opposed to do what the rest of the league is incentivized to do - which is tackle first. It’s self sacrificial to have to tackle first, but it puts the emphasis on the player. I don’t necessarily agree with it - but that’s the way the AFL has mandated it. Yet Maynard is still allowed to bump. He ruined Brayshaws career, and he will ruin more careers if not end a life, as it’s not like the old days when players came into a contest protecting themselves, as they are discouraged to do so. 

Edited by KingDingAling
  • Like 4

Petracca shaking Maynard’s hand just shows everything wrong with this club, weak as [censored], the guy ended his best mates career and your shaking hands [censored] me im gonna go full Richmond nuffy and toss the membership in the microwave 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Vomit 1

4 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

I'm ashamed of the club today. We've played like trash for weeks now, but not not stand up on a big day like today was so disheartening. Letting Maynard get through a full match of footy without giving him any physical attention after what he did to a beloved demon was shameful. One of the worst things I've say through as a diehard supporter of this club, and I've say through decades of [censored] at this point.

Mentally weak. Shameful. Disappointing. Our premiership window ends with a whimper while that thug runs around like he's at training.

I actually don’t even think we have a player that can go with him. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, picket fence said:

Well I have been going for a Loooong time, but after todays insipid effort and that of the last 4 weeks and the coach banging on about "Learnings, Culture, Strong Response, after today I won't attend another game, Why?? because we do not back up our words with Deeds and this is as bad as the Bailey years, Neeld years and even further back 70 and 71!! Im also over Goodwin and his "We're Hurting" Pigs [censored], we are as soft and vanilla as they come. Oh and sorry landers no more P.F Training reports sorry. Really disgusted today!

Seething that this thug was allowed a free reign and continued to bully us Shame MFC , SHAME!!

understand and accept your rection PF. I will certainly miss your training reports.

I often queried from, all if our training sessions were conducted with vigour and intensity and usually received affirmation,. I dont think our players are soft or weak and today I saw plenty of examples from our players that would defy those descriptors.

I do however say that the outcomes of our players are dictated by the officiating bodies. The lenience on Maynard at tribunal level sent a message to the umpires, dont penalise Collingwood players. 

Collingwood players aware of this status can play harder and with more brutality confident that they will not be penalised. Melbourne players know that if they play with vigour they will be scrutinised and penalised, JVR was penalised early on in his career, Kossie has also been penalised for less vigour than Collingwood players used today. WE play cautiously as that is what we have been dictated. Collingwood can play with abandon because they are allowed to.

The Club does need to adress this at the highest level. I have been saying for many years we need to get the umpires on board, perhaps share our training facilities but definitely paying them to attend our training and tell us what we are doing wrong when applying vigorous tackles.

I think the umpires do a great job, but soft frees to our opponents which are there are paid while we seem to only get the blatant obvious  hard frees. Im disgruntled and I know many other supporters who are aware of and disgusted with the disparity in equity in free kicks. That games are now being decided by obvious blunders is highlighting this fact  so something might be done, but i wont hold my breath

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pipefitter said:

I actually don’t even think we have a player that can go with him. 

Steven May can. And with how terrible Petty has been for months, how hard would it have been to switch them up in the 3rd to generate some offence and put some body on him? 

Edited by John Demonic

We talk about square ups and focus on winning as if they are mutually exclusive. It’s possible to do both at the same time.

making a show of shaking his hand before the game was [censored] weak. The directive should have been to nail him if the opportunity presented itself 

• Like 4

The reality is that there is life out of footy and Maynard is clearly very close with a number of players. Which is probably our problem. We need to be hated and feared. If this was Hawthorn during their prime years and even now, they would leave everything on the field and regardless of friendships they'd have gone to town on Maynard. And then resume regular programing off the field. The problem is we aren't feared. Even after our flag, people knew that what's happened now was going to happen. We're in the same basket as Footscray. We could have the best list ever but it won't matter because the big boys of the league know they're in a different league. Love or hate him, Neeld had the right idea in that he wanted us to be the hardest team to play against and hated. You can want to he a hard team to play against, but unless you're truly feared, there will always be the belief that if you match our intensity, you have a chance to win.

• Like 3

That footage of may and Oliver shaking hands with him is a supporter killer for this supporter.

if the players don’t care why should we

i can think of better places to send my money - that image is a membership killer for me 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

That footage of may and Oliver shaking hands with him is a supporter killer for this supporter.

i can think of better places to send my money - that image is a membership killer for me 

Tough to watch but maybe the players moved in. We have no one to rough him and if we did what would they do, Rhys Jones hit on Banks, running elbow like many of the so called tough guys, let alone a bump which would earn our players 3 weeks. For now Maynard is the toughest kid in the blocks until we get Lukar in the side.

Langdon says more duck than dinner - next time he fronts up to the scum he is pulverised the first time he takes possession 

Jack Watts high profile debut - the scum rub his private school boy nose in the turf 

Seems like there is a clear difference in approach 

Not to sure ours is working for us atm 

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

I was just wondering if anyone has contacted the club to let them know the feelings of the supporters? I sent them  a 2 page email letting them know that I was beyond P$$d off and know reply. I sent it after the Freo game..

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Didn’t you already say you didn’t buy a membership this year? Can’t really quit twice.. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, 640MD said:

So could you shake his hand. Then next time your mate Gus comes by shake his hand.  They did not need to do anything with Maynard  they needed to play hard concentrated football and all those 3 failed.

in my opinion

I think they may have been directed to concentrate on playing the ball and not the man.

Didn't work. Maybe we would have lost by more if we had gone after him.

But at least as some ticker would be on display.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, picket fence said:

Sorry mate, but IT IS A WAR, and one which we are losing!!

What punters don't realise is that the players are all mates flying under flags of convenience. The AFL distributes betting colours, otherwise known as non-clash strips, and then the supporters decorate the stadiums for the gambling industry.

• Like 1