PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

5 hours ago, Jjrogan said:

Good week to be selected. Win and you probably keep your spot in a winning side. Lose and the season is probably shot and kids will keep their spots. 

Someone needs to on sit on Sheezel. Sure, a lot of his 30+ touches are junk... until they are not.

Either Viney or Anb for this with the other in the forward line. Viney is an underrated forward. He finds space, decent overhead and an above average kick for goal. McVee in the midfield for a bit (can't help myself)   with AMW to debut in a back pocket/rebounding half back.   Drop Petty or McAdams. Can't be playing with 21 every week it's absurd. 

I must have missed this game. When did he play as a forward?

14 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Just can't recall a string of Casey performances that would warrant Kynan Brown being selected. 

Yep. Another very questionable call at selection. 

Sestan and AMW far more deserving.

Hope Kynan kills it and I have hope for him being a very good player - but you've got to wonder. Reminds me of when Koltyn debuted undeserved and looked very poor. 

Edited by fr_ap
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

37 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Trent Rivers.

If there is a time where you want to see whether someone has what it takes to step up in a midfield role and become a potential star then it has to be Rivers.

His trajectory could be very similar to Elliot Yeo when he started out as a half back flanker in his earlier years.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Hope Kynan kills it and I have hope for him being a very good player - but you've got to wonder. Reminds me of when Koltyn debuted undeserved and looked very poor. 

Yep. I wish all the best and hope he has a cracker. Call me old fashioned though. I have always felt you should be displaying consistently good form to be selected in the seniors.  Brown has shown glimpses at best. AMW very, very stiff. Has played an unfamiliar role with aplomb and has body more AFL ready than Brown.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Leb not doing towel properly 😝

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Just can't recall a string of Casey performances that would warrant Kynan Brown being selected. 

He’s been consistently solid until a poor game against Coburg, but I think more than anything he’s probably getting picked to do a role with his tackling, pace and possibly his ability to rotate on a wing. Ie. The job he did in preseason games where he looked surprisingly decent for a first year rookie.

If the plan is back to doing basics I can see why they’ve picked him.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Think Tommo and pup are locks. Suspect kolt comes in too. Then Trac out, and a few others to boot!  Maybe even macadam gets a crack?

gotta play lingers and duke on the wings, Kyanan to HFF, 

outs? Chin, Billing’s, Trac and maybe even petts.

big statement about standards and culture awaits at the selection table….

On 18/06/2024 at 17:39, bing181 said:

And watch our defence fall apart - and then come on here post-match complaining about Goody playing players out of position.

I noticed that Brown Jnr is making a debut (Wed announcement) so it is hoped that he can be successful, even if only from the bench. It does cull someone else, and observing Goody in past matches, often it has been the wrong one. However, we must work through - positively - our bunch of prospective players so Brown could provide some interest to our game against the Kangas. I would like to see Rivers given the Tracca role - penetrating from the midfield, into the forward line and adding a bit of protective dare and muscle for the forwards who seem scared of playing leading football with and against the external brutes on defensive assignments. 

4 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

He’s been consistently solid until a poor game against Coburg, but I think more than anything he’s probably getting picked to do a role with his tackling, pace and possibly his ability to rotate on a wing. Ie. The job he did in preseason games where he looked surprisingly decent for a first year rookie.

If the plan is back to doing basics I can see why they’ve picked him.

'Solid' would be a generous description.  AMW has ben far more than that and could play a similar role if required.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

Sestan hasn’t shown he’s got the tank for afl footy. That’s why Brown has played more midfield at Casey than he has.

AMW might be the same thing, but they also seem very keen to leave him at half back. I’d have played him last week, but I understand this week they’re going tall again in the back half.

Kolt wasn’t ready but he was picked for a certain role. I’m sure Kynan is in for the same.

None of the young guys have really shown they are ready for any AFL role

1 hour ago, Demongirl35 said:

Hahaha same! 

Hahaha same same! He could be such a weapon and as stated earlier by WCW, he's been 'entirely at home' with our game as seen in training.

things are so bad we can’t even find joy in a father son debuting?

The clubs development of young players has been very good, I trust them that he’s ready

Good luck Browny junior

• Like 9
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Sestan hasn’t shown he’s got the tank for afl footy. That’s why Brown has played more midfield at Casey than he has.

AMW might be the same thing, but they also seem very keen to leave him at half back. I’d have played him last week, but I understand this week they’re going tall again in the back half.

Kolt wasn’t ready but he was picked for a certain role. I’m sure Kynan is in for the same.

None of the young guys have really shown they are ready for any AFL role

That's all fair enough and maybe Kynan has been meeting his brief / KPIs moreso than the others. But I just yearn for the days when we made ANB knock the door down for almost an entire year before getting selected. He probably wouldn't have made it if we hadn't have done that. 

Now on the one hand I'm happy they are doing that with the likes of AMW....but it's contradictory when Kynan or earlier in the year Kolt get a call up. Same rules should apply for all. 

Anyway clearly there is a lot we don't see 

AMW is getting plenty of ball and is imo great at providing a running option from half back, but when the opposition doesn’t panic and holds defensive structure, he’ still seems like he’s got some learnings on how to create the play. Better off practicing this at Casey 20+ times a game rather than  half that at the highest level (even though I believe it would help if he had high calibre mids to create with, something Casey lacks)

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

That's all fair enough and maybe Kynan has been meeting his brief / KPIs moreso than the others. But I just yearn for the days when we made ANB knock the door down for almost an entire year before getting selected. He probably wouldn't have made it if we hadn't have done that. 

Now on the one hand I'm happy they are doing that with the likes of AMW....but it's contradictory when Kynan or earlier in the year Kolt get a call up. Same rules should apply for all. 

Nibbler played 11 games in his first year! He was made to work in year 2 but I suspect a lot of coaches are happy to give first year guys a taste and then make them work to tidy up parts of their game that don’t stack up. 

Sesto and AMW haven’t had that taste yet but unless we shift a half back on ball there’s no backline spot and Fritsch and McAdam are both way ahead of Sestan.

Brown’s also been in the Oakleigh system, Vic Metro system, father son system, has a coach/former player as a dad. I can see a case that he’s more ready than we might think.

• Like 1

I’m guessing Brown’s in for Chandler who’s had a grand total of 0 goals and 4 tackles in the last 2 games. Terrible output for a small forward. 

At least in the WC and Carlton games he was laying 8 tackles a game.

• Like 2

K. Brown in for either Chandler or Bowey for me. Depends which end of the ground we want to play him. Woey Jnr to come in for Billings and Koltyn for Trac. 
 Not sure if we should persist with Petty forward, not fair on the player or team as it is clearly not working. Wouldn’t mind Fullerton in to have a look at him and to provide proper back up for Maxi and leave JVR in the forward 50. Petty to go to the backline for Turner but it seems Tomlinson is coming back in so that stuffs that up. Doubt we will send Petty to Casey but form warrants it. The only logical explanation I can come up with his selection in the team is to boost or maximise his trade currency. 

Next in line for call up:

AMW and Sestan

Under the pump:

Either Chandler / Bowey

Salem

Good luck to Kynan. A Demon supporter living the dream. Play with passion kid and be a spark for your team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fr_ap said:

Or perhaps they are looking for other things that you and I don't see. 

One thing I did get from the preseason was that effort of Brown was massive, and there was nothing much left in the tank afterwards.

I imagine  and hope, there will be a few more changes announced tomorrow, and AMW is likely not going to get a shot unless a smaller defender goes down. Sestans can't be too far I wouldn't think.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, fr_ap said:

That's all fair enough and maybe Kynan has been meeting his brief / KPIs…

The haircut helped.

He’s now a ringer for the old dog.

Add the Brown pedigree of dare, deavour and determination. Pup’s debut with the big dogs decidedly deelights the Demon Diaspora.

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Like 1
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, fr_ap said:

You yearn for those days? 2015? When we finished 13th on the ladder? Those days? Yearn?

😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

I’ve already contacted the ACCC - false advertising ! 🕵🏻😂

Oi I don’t pay you to be a funny bastard. Now cut it out! And get back to work.

Good luck to the kid….Chandler out for mine, I think we have to persist with Bowey at half back as he can kick. So is this a case of give the kid a look so he knows what it takes or has his form warranted it?  Goodwin talked up Tholstrup so maybe we’re already looking ahead??