PREGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

24 minutes ago, croydick said:

I will eat my own shoe if Billings isn't sub

Screenshot_2024-06-09-18-24-28-04_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

🤢 Can’t wait to watch Billings shirk it all day.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Woey has been very good.

I know I can kick at least 35.

Yes, Woey has been good, but I said that because he ran out for Casey. We can only hope its to make sure he's fully match fit for a full game after the bye.

22 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Sorry but can goody just give woey a full game at some stage? I'm sure he'd offer more than Laurie. 

Tommo I thought had been OK.

Happy to see van rooyen back.

Gee though Howes, billings, Laurie in doesn't fill you with confidence 

Woey is stiff but he has played full games at AFL level and been poor. The only time he has looked good is coming in a sub. The decision to give him a full game at casey is a good one imo 

• Like 5

Question to those who follow Casey.

Have Billings and Howes excelled since their games against the Eagles. Have they warranted selection so soon?

Also if Petty doesn't turn things around tomorrow, at what stage is Goody forced to drop him?( If he isn't already).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’m surprised Leigh Matthews is publicly advising that our players focus their attention on the filthy POS thug tomorrow…

https://www.3aw.com.au/leigh-matthews-melbourne-must-make-sure-brayden-maynard-has-bad-day-on-kings-birthday/

Just focus on something - that's the key issue of the round - it might be improved linkages, goal kicking, teamwork, speed and delivery, whatever - but I think Matthews has a point - footy can be an emotion-packed game to true supporters and we have deep feelings about the occurrence, the reviews, the outcomes; should Random Thuggy have a bad day then it is an emotional retribution and nothing more. It could be motivating, assisting the Dees to come together, win the game and grab the lollies dangling on the slate. Mongrel is mongrel, maiming opportunism is something else.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Some real bottom of the barrel players for the Pies. Surely our response for last week and with their weaker team we get the job done.

Really?. Hosking's Elliott a good inclusion. Their A graders ahead of ours and in form. Caicos won't be tagged.

Uphill tomorrow to beat their system strategy. We don't have one.

Go Dee's nevertheless

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

The worst thing we can do tomorrow is focus on Maynard. He is the type of [censored] that thrives on this and fans will get behind him. Get stuck in sure but the fake tough jumper punching nonsense does nothing

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

15 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Some real bottom of the barrel players for the Pies. Surely our response for last week and with their weaker team we get the job done.

I remember bottom of barrel Pies in the final round of 2017 and QB 2021. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

For the 100th time, Tomlinson has no matchup. Pies have a small forwardline with their numerous injuries. 

That is a fact, Tomlinson can out-mark the smalls and finds space to so do.

• Like 1

All about effort and intensity tomorrow 

we’ll be more mobile down back with Howes for Tommo

and better at fwd retention with JVR in

lets get the win!!

Posted (edited)

Have to say apart from JVR none of the other ins give me much inspiration. Howes has shown glimpses but not on a consistent basis while the others have had their share of opportunities for little return. 

Was hoping to see AMW for something different.

Edited by Jibroni
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Watched the 3rd Quarter of the KB game on replay, pretty average skills for most part on both teams, but we looked more dangerous in attack. Maxy pushed forward due to Grundy and Rooey, sharing the ruck, it will be interesting how we use big Max tomorrow as they have no USA USA

Edited by Demon_spurs

3 hours ago, croydick said:

Generally clubs don't play a debutant as a sub, and I don't think we will. Howes also played great in the VFL so I think he will play. Sub likely Billings or Laurie.

Your interpretation of 'great' must be my 'handy'

11 minutes ago, DubDee said:

The worst thing we can do tomorrow is focus on Maynard. He is the type of [censored] that thrives on this and fans will get behind him. Get stuck in sure but the fake tough jumper punching nonsense does nothing

Like Natalie Imbruglia, that is why I’m torn

On one hand I tnink ignore him. No eye contact, no handshakes no nothing. But by god I’d be sledging him and I’d be getting really ugly and personal. About his family. Get really ugly. Try and induce him to do something stupid at which point, it’s on. 

On the other hand, one could do that and make him earn every ball. 

I’m happy to lose this game if it means he suffers an injury which means weeks on the sideline. 

I think I’m on safe ground saying 99% of the football world would rise as one to solemnly clap whatever we do to him

And if King Thug Lethal Leigh says it’s ok, as Ace Ventura says, well alrighty then

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

That is a fact, Tomlinson can out-mark the smalls and finds space to so do.

Incorrect. He is not fast or nimble enough to play on a small. Him May and TMac together make for a pretty slow backline anyway. It’s one thing when you have 3 talls to defend. Another when you’re defending smaller players. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, loges said:

We don't know what McAdam can do yet because he was put into the side without the reqired conditioning. If you watched him closely it stands out like dogs .....

He was at least 3 to 5 weeks away at Casey from being match fit and finding form at VFL level.

One of a number of players who have been rushed back prematurely so far and haven't had to earn their spot.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

For the 100th time, Tomlinson has no matchup. Pies have a small forwardline with their numerous injuries. 

T-mac literally plays the only role he could play. 

Love what Tommo can offer when he gets the right matchup but a 3rd tall he is not.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

23 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Exactly. Leigh Mathews wants us to lose our cool and be distracted. The Footy Media is generally quite biased to the teams they've played and coached with, however impartial they try and appear 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, layzie said:

T-mac literally plays the only role he could play. 

Love what Tommo can offer when he gets the right matchup but a 3rd tall he is not.

Correct and unfortunately Tmac has shown more this year and deserves his spot ahead of Tommo. 
Realistically Tommo would have been dropped post bye for Lever anyway. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can anyone please explain how Petty is playing, please!!!

Collingwood with half a team in will play with heart, something we’ve been severely been lacking & Petty especially 

Hope Laurie gets a full game, we know what we’ll get with Billings so make him sub, give Bill a go & see what he’s got

Edited by Billy
Spelling
  • Like 1