Welcome to Demonland: Luker Kentfield

3 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

Yes we do but not many we can actually pick. I suspect shache isn’t playing another game at the dees, BBB can maybe play a couple more but also may also be finished. Pettys injury may re flare… perhaps it already has. Fullerton is there but not yet in frame and jeffo may mot play til 25. So if Petty or JVR go down we have no one really that’s ready despite a list of names. 

Well I'd hope this guy can be called on for a game or 2 because as you've said there's not many there that can be counted on if we need them.

• Like 3

Good pick given BBB and Schache have not got much left. Petty has been injury prone so Luker worth a punt.

We have a good development team so let's see how he goes at Casey and with a good preseason he may get a go next season.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Demonland said:

dl.beatsnoop.com-3000-OHiCj1Z4Pq.jpg

Jeez that shearer [censored] barber who cut Kolt’s mane would have to be described as an agricultural stylist. 

Edited by Tarax Club
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

The midfield that’s needed Nibbler and Kossie to go on ball to provide some run and speed, has had to move Langdon to half forward to have run there and is suddenly relying on Hunter again doesn’t need reinforcements?

Apparently not according to the professionals paid to select players in the mid season draft to address gaps.

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, manny100 said:

Good pick given BBB and Schache have not got much left. Petty has been injury prone so Luker worth a punt.

We have a good development team so let's see how he goes at Casey and with a good preseason he may get a go next season.

We probably need to ask ourselves why we decided to retain BBB and Schache on the list this year in the first place rather than look for an option in spite of them now. I do agree but it just seems reactive.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I don't mind it at all provided we're looking to build mid field at the trade table at year's end

A big bodied forward who seems quite agile.  Might be a nice point of difference in our mix.

Maybe get a gun ex forward down on contract to show him, Roo and Jeffo some of the finer points of forward craft in this second half of the season.  Might help fast track them a little.  Couldn't hurt surely?

Would have loved for Nick Riewoldt or Jonathan Brown down there for some lessons on forward craft.

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

25 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Interesting message to Fullarton and Schache.  If they were up to it, would we be cutting their lunch selecting this kid??

I agree.  But what is the contract status of both Fullarton and Schache?  I thought that they both had over a year to run, yet neither can get a game even in times of need. 

• Like 2

11. Melbourne - Luker Kentfield

Subiaco/WAFL
Key forward
194cm
10/09/05

A tall forward from WA, Kentfield had some interest from AFL clubs last year after impressing in the WAFL but was overlooked. He's returned bigger, faster and stronger in 2024 and has kicked nine goals in 10 games for Subiaco this season. His 8.42 seconds for the agility test at the state Draft Combine last year was a strong indicator of his mobility. With the Dees short of forward options as they look toward September, Kentfield is yet another tall in the front half to consider.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, binman said:

Apparently not according to the professionals paid to select players in the mid season draft to address gaps.

Or no one was good enough given the challenge to relocate a player (even from Preston), acclimatise them to professional standards, teach them our structures and have them perform well enough to demand game time within 12 weeks is - whilst not impossible -really difficult.

We didn't use the pick to plug holes anywhere, we used it on the best available long term option.

Maybe there's no midfield option better than Laurie, Tholstrup, Billings or Howes/AMW on the back flank and rolling a midfielder up. That's not unreasonable, they are all good VFL players.

But I suspect reinforcements will come over the end of year list period. I doubt losing Gus for no replacement after the loss of JJ and Harmes hasn't impacted the midfield options.

• Like 10
  • Clap 1

20 minutes ago, layzie said:

We probably need to ask ourselves why we decided to retain BBB and Schache on the list this year in the first place rather than look for an option in spite of them now. I do agree but it just seems reactive.

BB was signed on a 4 year deal in 2020. Was always going to be on the list for 24’. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, monoccular said:

I agree.  But what is the contract status of both Fullarton and Schache?  I thought that they both had over a year to run, yet neither can get a game even in times of need. 

Not so mono Schache, BBB, TMac & Tomlinson are in their last year of contract, Fullarton who is still untried is contracted to the end of 2025. Interesting times ahead.!!

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, 12345_54321 said:

BB was signed on a 4 year deal in 2020. Was always going to be on the list for 24’. 

4 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Not so mono Schache, BBB, TMac & Tomlinson are in their last year of contract, Fullarton who is still untried is contracted to the end of 2025. Interesting times ahead.!!

Thanks for clarifying.

IMVHO Schache and BBB will definitely leave, and as mentioned somewhere earlier despite Tommy's miraculous resurrection I suspect he may want to retire while in the ones and not the twos.  Tomlinson, especially if Tom leaves, could well be offered a reprieve.  Fullerton I guess will remain as this forum's bunny.  If Luker Kentfield shows any development, Fullerton will go lower in the pecking order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As of 2145 Wednesday there doesn't appear to be anything on our club's website, which if I am looking correctly is pretty poor.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Luker Kentfield a very welcome addition to our young Key Forward stocks ( JVR, Disco, Jefferson & Kentfield) same size as TMac , supposedly has natural aggression and good hands, what’s not to like. We can now focus on mids and a ruckman at the national draft.

• Like 9
  • Clap 1

Is it just me or does his name sound like a mash-up of about four others?

Good pick btw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thinking 1

Another key forward who won't help the side push for and win finals in 2024. On that basis, regardless of what he does in future, this is a disappointing selection. We're only one injury to a starting midfielder away from a full blown crisis in that part of the field.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Facepalm 7

9 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Is it just me or does his name sound like a mash-up of about four others?

Got it - he’s a cross between Dean Kent and Patrick Dangerfield. Will be a massive goal kicking gun footballer at AFL level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clap 1

What number does he get?

Surely the club will hold Gus’ # 10 for a season.

I’m looking at the number 34 which is vacant.

2024 Melbourne numbers —

1. Steven May 
2. Jacob van Rooyen 
3. Christian Salem 
4. Judd McVee
5. Christian Petracca 
6. Caleb Windsor 
7. Jack Viney 
8. Jake Lever
9. Charlie Spargo 
11. Max Gawn 
12. Lachie Hunter
13. Clayton Oliver 
14. Jack Billings 
15. Ed Langdon 
16. Bailey Laurie 
17. Jake Bowey 
18. Jake Melksham  
19. Josh Schache
20. Adam Tomlinson 
21. Matt Jefferson
22. Blake Howes 
23. Shane McAdam
24. Trent Rivers 
25. Tom McDonald
26. Jed Adams 
27. Marty Hore
28. Will Verrall
29. Joel Smith
30. Alex Neal-Bullen
31. Bayley Fritsch
32. Tom Sparrow 
33. Tom Fullarton
35. Harry Petty 
36. Kysaiah Pickett 
37. Kade Chandler
38. Oliver Sestan 
39. Koltyn Tholstrop
40. Taj Woewodin 
41. Kynan Brown
42. Daniel Turner 
43. Kyah Farris-White
45. Andy Moniz-Wakefield 
50. Ben Brown

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rumpole said:

What number does he get?

Surely the club will hold Gus’ # 10 for a season.

I’m looking at the number 34 which is vacant.

2024 Melbourne numbers —

1. Steven May 
2. Jacob van Rooyen 
3. Christian Salem 
4. Judd McVee
5. Christian Petracca 
6. Caleb Windsor 
7. Jack Viney 
8. Jake Lever
9. Charlie Spargo 
11. Max Gawn 
12. Lachie Hunter
13. Clayton Oliver 
14. Jack Billings 
15. Ed Langdon 
16. Bailey Laurie 
17. Jake Bowey 
18. Jake Melksham  
19. Josh Schache
20. Adam Tomlinson 
21. Matt Jefferson
22. Blake Howes 
23. Shane McAdam
24. Trent Rivers 
25. Tom McDonald
26. Jed Adams 
27. Marty Hore
28. Will Verrall
29. Joel Smith
30. Alex Neal-Bullen
31. Bayley Fritsch
32. Tom Sparrow 
33. Tom Fullarton
35. Harry Petty 
36. Kysaiah Pickett 
37. Kade Chandler
38. Oliver Sestan 
39. Koltyn Tholstrop
40. Taj Woewodin 
41. Kynan Brown
42. Daniel Turner 
43. Kyah Farris-White
45. Andy Moniz-Wakefield 
50. Ben Brown

No. There's a White in waiting for that!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

The midfield that’s needed Nibbler and Kossie to go on ball to provide some run and speed, has had to move Langdon to half forward to have run there and is suddenly relying on Hunter again doesn’t need reinforcements?

I can see the case that no one really stood out, but we’d be silly if we don’t reinforce the midfield and mid/forward depth this offseason.

You'd be delusional to think that our midfield doesn't need topping up.

It's still absolutely an issue and will need to be addressed over the off season. A win again a bottom 4 side only puts a band-aid over the cracks for now.

Ps, I actually like this selection a fair bit.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3

I hope the poor kid and his family aren't searching the MFC website for a write up. 

10:30pm and still nothing on the kid.

Pretty poor.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I see this as 'buying low'. No doubt it's expected as he improves over the rest of the year that his draft position in the ND will increase, and like many decent KPF prospects, will not be available at our picks.

This way we can get 6  months development into him and look to draft mids at the end of the year.

Astute

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

34 minutes ago, poita said:

Another key forward who won't help the side push for and win finals in 2024. On that basis, regardless of what he does in future, this is a disappointing selection. We're only one injury to a starting midfielder away from a full blown crisis in that part of the field.

Unlike you we look at and understand the big picture 

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Clap 3
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I hope the poor kid and his family aren't searching the MFC website for a write up. 

10:30pm and still nothing on the kid.

Pretty poor.

Or they've received calls from Goody, JT, seen and shared the club's social media post, fielded texts from Trac and other players, and have been contacted by our media dept to tee up a welcome video?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1