• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

27 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Don't like the idea of a Red card but you watch all these types of event stop if they did.

Red cards and yellow cards are in just about every other sport and those sports aren't unduly effected by the rulings

Even if play continued whilst upstairs deliberates on a possible illegal act

Here's a good example ...

Does Michael Long slam into an unsuspecting Troy Simmonds if the order off rule was in operation?  I say no

The AFL needs to take a giant leap into the 21st Century in a number of areas (goal line technology is an antiquated system for starters)

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Nah, Macca, been more agreeably engaged.

I have purchased this thread from Demonland. It cost me $14.

As the new owner of this thread, here are the Rules:

One. Anyone who disagrees with me once receives a  censure. 

Two. Anyone who disagrees with me twice, will be executed.

Three. Anyone who disagrees with me three times, will be tortured before execution.

Four, Anyone who disagrees with me more than three times will be dug up out of their grave and drawn and quartered before reburial in 4 different States.

Seriously, who cares about Maynard? He will get off IMO. Should we not be turning our attention to our next game against the Baggers?

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread. It has reminded me of the cut and thrust on Demanology  all those years ago. So many memories, so many grudges to be carried to the grave.

The last post on this thread now belongs to me. Bring it on !!

I don't want to disagree with you, I really don't want the entire west side connection on my back.

38 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

She also said the AFL let Goodwin remarks go unfined due to what had happened.

How could Goodwin possibly be fined for what he said?

All he did was said look at the facts and that he'd been knocked out.  Can't get too much more vanilla than that.

The tone that he delivered it with and gravity of the situation really packed the punch.  The fact that it took Goodwin to deliver this and not others in the AFL and the media is a disgrace.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Dunno, mate, but imagine the enforcers are somewhat to your North.

North East…..

I am agreeing with btw Sir/Ma’am, or however you would like to be referred as…. 😬😬😬

Edited by Demonsterative

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

Red cards and yellow cards are in just about every other sport and those sports aren't unduly effected by the rulings

Even if play continued whilst upstairs deliberates on a possible illegal act

Here's a good example ...

Does Michael Long slam into an unsuspecting Troy Simmonds if the order off rule was in operation?  I say no

The AFL needs to take a giant leap into the 21st Century in a number of areas (goal line technology is an antiquated system for starters)

Holy [censored], Macca. You have finally got involved in the real conversation on here. No, it's a great example and a great post from you. It would be a giant leap but the new CEO may be capable of making it. Yellow cards and red cards, Why not?

2 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Holy [censored], Macca. You have finally got involved in the real conversation on here. No, it's a great example and a great post from you. It would be a giant leap but the new CEO may be capable of making it. Yellow cards and red cards, Why not?

A giant leap for AFLkind

21 minutes ago, Macca said:

And if the lame attempt at smothering was dismissed out of hand (as it should be) then Maynard would be up for not only high contact with a severe outcome but also, the careless action could be replaced with malicious intent

6 or 7+ weeks

It will be interesting to see how hard Gleeson goes as he has gone hard before (if Gleeson is the prosecution officer in this case)

Spot on Macca.

This "he lost control once he chose to jump" [censored] is just that.

He was fully in control when he charged at the player with the ball, with no regard for where his momentum would take him.  When he jumped he gave away further control and care for his opponent.  That he then chose to protect himself at the expense of his opponent further demonstrates his disregard and recklessness.

Football action my backside.

The only football action in all this is Angus kicking the ball.  If you want to stop players doing that part, take your bat an ball and go home, because we won't have a sport.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, rollinson 65 said:

Macca

Go and have a bex and a lie down old fella.  It's way past your bedtime

You're getting yourself all worked up over subject matter that none of us here can make sense of

It's just blah, blah, blah

And dull and uninteresting

At least you've toned your violent and aggressive language.  That's a step in the right direction.  You're doing well

Think of me as your therapist.  I'm here to help

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Macca said:

Go and have a bex and a lie down old fella.  It's way past your bedtime

You're getting yourself all worked up over subject matter that none of us here can make sense of

It's just blah, blah, blah

And dull and uninteresting

At least you've toned your violent and aggressive language.  That's a step in the right direction.  You're doing well

Think of me as your therapist.  I'm here to help

And in other news I got a get out of jail free card!

• Haha 4

https://www.6pr.com.au/david-mundy-the-afl-is-trying-to-adjudicate-the-game-they-want-tomorrow-not-the-game-were-seeing-at-the-moment/

David Mundy has weighed in on the Brayden Maynard incident which has divided the football world.

Speaking during his regular Monday night segment on Wide World of Sports, Mundy set the agenda off the top, setting phone lines alight.

“Laura Kane stepping in signals that the AFL is trying to adjudicate the game that they want tomorrow, not the game that we’ve had in the past, and not the game that we’re seeing at the moment.”

“If Brayden Maynard was falling and that was Scott Pendlebury underneath him, I think he would make a different decision than cover up and just protect himself and not worry about the other player.”

When asked by Adam Papalia what Maynard should have done differently, Mundy used all of his 376 games of AFL experience when building his response.

“When you’ve jumped up and you’re in the air and there’s a player underneath you, you have the ability to almost catch yourself as you’re falling on top of them. It would have been really awkward and they’d have had a tumble, but that response has a much lesser chance of resulting in serious health concerns."

Edited by MrFreeze
  • Like 19
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Spot on Macca.

He was fully in control when he charged at the player with the ball, with no regard for where his momentum would take him.  When he jumped he gave away further control and care for his opponent.  That he then chose to protect himself at the expense of his opponent further demonstrates his disregard and recklessness.

The only football action in all this is Angus kicking the ball.  If you want to stop players doing that part, take your bat an ball and go home, because we won't have a sport.

The field umpire immediately called a down the field few kick, so no doubt he thought it was an act not within the rules. Got a player high when he didn't have the ball pretty clear cut no matter if he intended it or not 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Macca said:

And if the lame attempt at smothering was dismissed out of hand (as it should be) then Maynard would be up for not only high contact with a severe outcome but also, the careless action could be replaced with malicious intent

6 or 7+ weeks

It will be interesting to see how hard Gleeson goes as he has gone hard before (if Gleeson is the prosecution officer in this case)

depends on what outcome the afl really want. that might decide who they chose to hire for the job.

yeah, i don't trust the afl who are more interested in optics

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Spot on Macca.

Hey, Balls.

You are now officially censored. Take care to read tins entire thread (are we up to 60 pages now?) before sticking out your neck again.

3 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

https://www.6pr.com.au/david-mundy-the-afl-is-trying-to-adjudicate-the-game-they-want-tomorrow-not-the-game-were-seeing-at-the-moment/

David Mundy has weighed in on the Brayden Maynard incident which has divided the football world.

Speaking during his regular Monday night segment on Wide World of Sports, Mundy set the agenda off the top, setting phone lines alight.

“Laura Kane stepping in signals that the AFL is trying to adjudicate the game that they want tomorrow, not the game that we’ve had in the past, and not the game that we’re seeing at the moment.”

“If Brayden Maynard was falling and that was Scott Pendlebury underneath him, I think he would make a different decision than cover up and just protect himself and not worry about the other player.”

When asked by Adam Papalia what Maynard should have done differently, Mundy used all of his 376 games of AFL experience when building his response.

“When you’ve jumped up and you’re in the air and there’s a player underneath you, you have the ability to almost catch yourself as you’re falling on top of them. It would have been really awkward and they’d have had a tumble, but that response has a much lesser chance of resulting in serious health concerns."

Amazing how well co-ordinated players can be when trying to win or do something with the ball, the  turn into such clumsy oaths when there isn't any incentive to control their actions.

Similarly, I think Tommy Hawkins got away with a reckless act when he threw his arms out everywhere and broke Steven May's face a few years back.  ...Melbourne player, no story to answer here.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Spot on Macca.

As soon as it happened, I thought the smother was bs and he just went straight at Gus' head with the right shoulder

Put it this way, if he'd planned to take out Gus to maximum effect, he couldn't have done it any better

And we're meant to believe it was an accident?

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

And in other news I got a get out of jail free card!

Do not pass go!

I got 2nd prize in a beauty contest!

My prize?  Out for dinner with rollinson (Macca's - his shout) 

On 9/9/2023 at 3:01 AM, Colm said:

Cmon now, are you trolling are what?! Can’t agree with any point that you’ve made. No way in hell JVR action is worse than Maynard’s.  
MROs outcome has always been heavily dependant on the outcome of the act. 

“tucked his shoulder for impact” he already had his arms up and in forms of him. Surely he could have used his arms on Brayshaw shoulders and avoided any injury to either of them. But no he choose to collect him in the head with his shoulder.  

Should only get a week because it’s finals?!?! Really?! Gus will miss a min of two finals! Does that mean he should get off if he does it in a prelim as he would then miss a GF?!

And lastly Maynard IS A THUG. Has always been a thug. 

Certainly not trolling. Just don’t totally agree.

If Maynard put his arms out but Gus turned his shoulder… it could’ve resulted the other way and knocked Maynard out…

Side on is how footballers are told to impact to avoid injury.

I agree Maynard could’ve seen he would make impact with Gus’ head and therefore should’ve put out hands.

He should be suspended, I just don’t think the action was the worst act I’ve seen in a game.

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

depends on what outcome the afl really want. that might decide who they chose to hire for the job.

yeah, i don't trust the afl who are more interested in optics

One thing we do know is it will be $$$$'s related

They'll do the maths on all outcomes and then design things to pan out their best way.  They are a mini FIFA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

The Office Thank You GIF

• Like 1