Maynard must get at least four weeks

leave it to deever

11 minutes ago, John Crow Batty said:

AFL tribunal caved in to media pressure to clear Maynard. Shows the power of propaganda. 

You dont quite get it i suspect.  No disrespect. 

It's all a con.   All rigged.

• Like 7
  • Clap 1

9 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I wonder...

To do so would be to admit error.

Don't think so. It would be an admission that the current rules are not enough to protect the head and that the game is changing.

Terrible look for the AFL regardless of the legality.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, BoBo said:

The next time we play the pies and some Collingwood player ‘tests’ out JVR’s jaw with their elbow, then I trust you’ll be all there saying whatever injury that happens is fair retribution and supporting Collingwood supporters pointing to his suspension is as why he deserves it. 

They’ve literally done this to our players every time we play them. Not once have I seen our players retaliate. 

Maybe they should, because clearly the AFL says it’s all fair game. 

I believe in karma and I believe that they’ll get what they deserve. Will I cry about it? No I won’t. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 2

2 minutes ago, DeeSince73 said:

Can the Melbourne Football Club launch an injunction at the Supreme Court? Test this [censored] decision at court? 

Suggest not. We have to refocus on this Friday, the whole club. 

• Like 2

If they don't appeal this, I will always believe the whole thing was a face saving, pander to CFC, farce.

So on with the Collingwood Football League Final Series.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

Dream of 12, and it's Yippee, Yahoo. 2023 and number 14.

At this point of the season, the MFC could not possibly have a better reason and motivation to take the Premiership. Do it for Gus and 1000 'unseen' hits to Max's head. 

Edited by Deemania since 56
  • Like 3
  • Clap 3

6 minutes ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Has anyone on here read the findings. This line.

Brayshaw could’ve executed his kick in a different direction or in a different manner, landed in a different manner or in a slightly different location.

Yep, as I suspected, they don't understand the biomechanics of kicking the ball straight with the right foot when on the run

Maynard did and that's how he was able to clean up Gus

If the AFL does appeal, they need to bring some understanding of the kicking habits to the tribunal.  Will they do that?  I doubt it

Incompetent fools but most of all, the boys club mentality has been upheld

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think we need to start a poll. Did anyone here genuinely think there would be a different outcome tonight? I spoke to a number of Collingwood acquaintances during the week (I don't call any of the mates anymore) and said I was 100% sure he would get off. After all, the AFL and Collingwood have prior form. I just realized, was there a book being run on this? I don't think sports bet would have been up for it.

• Like 3

The victim blaming is SO pathetic that I truly hope that if Gus does choose to retire that in a press conference he says that the AFL left him no choice. They have done nothing to ensure I am protected from cheap shots by pure thugs. And since they won’t protect me I have to protect myself.  See you in court. 

• Like 14
  • Clap 2

5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

The AFL has just set a precedent so the simple answer is just run at the man jump and pretend to smother, green light all round.

I reckon it's more straight line the ball and the player is collateral damage. Duty of care is out the door in a football act. No More tackles, to risky for a chance of suspension. Those rucks are going to be dangerous places to tread. Where the ball is, missiles are coming through.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 3

if melbourne and collingwood play in the grandfinal you a likely to see a bloodbath AFL, is that what you want. you dont think melbourne players will not go after maynard, after what he did to one of them and got off, and you dont think collingwood will stop doing what they are doing, cox will go crazy with that knee and foot into everyone in range. god what a hopeless, gutless bunch the afl is.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3

38 minutes ago, Macca said:

The AFL must appeal the decision if they originally went with a recommended 3+ game penalty

And what a weak effort prosecuting.  It was as if they couldn't be bothered even trying

i suspect they weren't trying too hard, macca

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Half forward flank said:

Gotta brace for the fact the Collingwood Army is worth 3 goals and the club is 2 wins from the flag. 

That's exactly where my mind is at.

I know there's a lot of emotions right now but it's going to get a whole lot worse when there's a camera at Brayden Maynard potentially holding up a premiership medal by the way things are falling into place for the pies.

I can't think of a game where losing last week to the pies will be our 'what if' moment. A missed opportunity just gone begging and now it's the hard road to the top.

Meanwhile pies get an easy run straight to the granny.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

I wonder...

To do so would be to admit error.

Might open a very big can of worms.

AFL might have tripped up.

There will be many a party  gobsmacked and seething.

You're right, Beelzebub. Kozzie got two weeks earlier this year for jumping/bumping, and he didn't put a bloke to sleep for a minute. The AFL has created a monster now. We all saw the way Maynard lowered his right shoulder and aimed for Gus's head. Anyone trying to avoid a collision, or soften the impact, would have put his hands out and try to push the other person away. I think Goody should tell all Dee players to use their elbows next week and aim at Carlton heads right through the game. No-one will be punished! It's simple. Unless, of course, only the Swans and the Pies are untouchable during finals time. That may be the case. But I think we should test the water by sending someone out to create some havoc and show that the Dees won't stand for the continual abuse handed out to their captain and the rest of the team. I'm really [censored].   We have to win this year. Full stop.   🔵🔴🔵

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

You dont quite get it i suspect.  No disrespect. 

It's all a con.   All rigged.

Absolutely agree. Theatre by the AFL but he was never going to be found guilty. It was a weak effort by Woods backed up by Gleeson. They quite frankly want Collingwood in the GF .

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

31 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I’m the same (and nearby, just past Bangalow en route to Lismore). There’s a few of us Dees around.

This makes familial relations hard given in laws are all Pies as is wife

I’m done with this sport. So disheartening. Emailing Pert. 

I've disagreed with you on many fronts @Superunknown but i reckon I'm done after this year also.

Better things to spend my $550 a year reserved seating membership on than watching absolutely thuggery in front of my eyes.

Soccer Australia and their hierarchy must be rubbing their hands with glee the amount of young kids that will be heading towards the world game via their parents after this decision.

Hamish Brayshaw hit the nail right on the head the AFL want Collingwood in the GF with Carlton.

This is only the first domino to fall, Martin will get off with a fine also.

Edited by YesitwasaWin4theAges
  • Angry 1
  • Vomit 1