PREGAME: SF vs Carlton

Demonland

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

d6w, 2l with Tomlinson in the team. I like him and hope he plays, although it might depend on how we feel about Carlton's decision to go small with their forward line.

A small Carlton fwd line is ok; it give Bowie, Salem and McVee big opportunities to baffle and play on to the links. It also makes it easier for the 3 talls to address those dangermen who are hanging from the clouds. Quite happy given what is available. Up forward, long bombs need to be outlawed; those Dees who transgress need to rest up on the bench to watch a team progress the ball, not individuals in a crowd exhibiting low percentage, static football. 

• Like 2

Great that Clayton and Gawn are in. For a while I thought we would have a week from hell.

Interesting that they bought in Kennedy, after his stoush with Pittonet. Maybe he will pinch hit some rucks for us, LOL.

Heard  their coach say they, don't want Cripps to try too much. Those ribs are nearly cooked.

Spargo brings some zip and energy.

Tomlinson adds plenty of leadership and structural ability to a backline that is doing well.

JJ will give stability, lucky he is there, as a replacement for Gus.

It will be the midfield battle that wins this.

Hibbs the emergency.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, DubDee said:

if we win i’m sure all though slamming the selections will heap praise upon Goody. 

🙄

Happily eat Crow...   ( damn it   a Pea Floater.. )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

I thought Grundy was valued at our club??? Those words will haunt Goodwin & could go down as the biggest flop of a trade & only Melbourne could manufacture this! Can’t help injuries but if Gawn is on one leg who will be out back up ruck???

No one knows and yet they are lauding Goodwin for his selections. Bizarre 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I don't mind the selections - but it will be a little different for the lions next week.

Sorry....who are you ??  Where's  BBO.

( hang on....meds 😉

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nedleg said:

I would have Stuart Little in ruck over T-Mac.

I would have Jimmy Little in ruck over T-Mac.

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

The only reason I can see McDonald in the team is because he can ruck the forward boundary throw ins and Max can drop a kick behind the play. But why pick McDonald for this role when we have Grundy available. That really makes no sense.

McDonald offered no forward pressure, no aerial contest and was to slow on the lead last week. 

I'm baffled by that decision 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bandicoot said:

Still waiting for someone to answer who is going to be the resting ruck? 

half a dozen people gave responded. clearly 2nd ruck isn’t high on the FDs list of what might help us win the game. 

Smith most likely. T Mac/Tommo at a pinch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neitas bump said:

The only reason I can see McDonald in the team is because he can ruck the forward boundary throw ins and Max can drop a kick behind the play. But why pick McDonald for this role when we have Grundy available. That really makes no sense.

McDonald offered no forward pressure, no aerial contest and was to slow on the lead last week. 

Going in with one injured ruck against a team with 2 legit rucks is bizarre 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, Travy14 said:

Tommo in is a bit baffling to me.  Could he play fwd and sit on Weitering?

He could - big ask for him to confront though, as the gap-filler tall. Might be a good play for the 3rd or 4th quarter when our smalls will be rampaging for running duties ... including Tracca.

19 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Hibbo can’t play multiple games. if his body was fine he would 100% be playing

Why does it say omitted??

Why is Tmac playing then, can only run in straight lines

Max has got a broken toe, Clarry a sore knee

Unless he’s told the club he can’t get up for the game should be playing, could be his last game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

He could - big ask for him to confront though, as the gap-filler tall. Might be a good play for the 3rd or 4th quarter when our smalls will be rampaging for running duties ... including Tracca.

Yeh, im not against it.  And we use him in the ruck to protect T-Mac

I like this move to go smaller and not do a straight swap for JVR. It's something different and changes up our forward line. Plus maybe it'll force us to stop bombing into fwd 50.

I really hope I don't regret this comment. I'll keep this open in a tab so I can delete it later.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, Neitas bump said:

I’m tipping TMac to kick 3.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

Joel Smith to take relieving ruck duties and just get in there and leap for the sky. Try and shark opposition hit outs like they do with us.

Am I on the right tram?

Only if he leaps and takes Cripps out as well! Its called a Maynard manouever

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Carlton players 190cm or over last week

• McGovern
  • Cripps
  • TDK
  • Pittonet
  • McKay (wont play)
  • Weitering
  • Kemp
  • Marchbank
  • Curnow
  • Acres

Melb players 190cm or over last week

• Gawn
  • May
  • JVR (Wont play)
  • Lever
  • TMac
  • Smith

We look short

Our list is incredibly short, especially the forwards. It’s been a real failure of list management that’s never talked about. 

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

This game won't be won or lost at selection. Like almost every other game of professional Australian rules football ever played, it'll be won by the team that can apply and absorb pressure for the longest.

Like it or not, as a club we've spent the best part of 60 years (bar one) finding ways to lose. It's up the players now to just find a way to win.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1